Samson Oak Promo at Japan's SM7a Tournaments!

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
so this card is basically another Hau card, for the mirror matches. Um no thanks. Tate and Liza is better than this card, and thats a shuffle draw 5 card in a format where Cynthia exists.

octotot

Aspiring Trainer
Terrible card. Now we just need Nanu, Hapu, that fairy-type trial captain, and Faba cards for main characters

Ghidreigon

Aspiring Trainer
I'm sick of these draw 2 + 2 more cards they keep releasing. Come up with something better smh

Mcsonic00

Less Filler Cards Please
They desperately need to print straight Draw 4 supporter card. Would be good and balanced.

Otaku

The wise fool?
They desperately need to print straight Draw 4 supporter card. Would be good and balanced.

Yes and no. I realize it is unlikely, but just maybe "Draw 3" Supporters will start working at least a little for competitive play post-rotation. Now, retroactively, then I completely agree! Cheren and Tierno were part of card pools containing N and either Professor Juniper or Professor Sycamore or both. Up against that, "Draw 4 cards." is balanced.

The thing is, I think Professor Kukui, and possibly even the new Tate & Liza card show the best approach... even if we've had a few more duds than successes. What I mean is, instead of drawing more cards, you add a worthwhile bonus effect. Yeah, Pokémon Breeder didn't do it all that well, but I blame that on them forgetting that offense > defense, so it really needed to heal more. Lillie half-pulls it off as well, with her drawing extra on your first turn.

I'll resist making suggestions for how Samson Oak might have worked since this isn't a Create-a-Card thread.

TheVong

BikaBika
I hope they make a Professor Oak/Sycamore reprint for the next format. I have always been playing with a discard hand, draw 7 card in every format I played. It would be weird if there is no equivalent card for the next format.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I hope they make a Professor Oak/Sycamore reprint for the next format. I have always been playing with a discard hand, draw 7 card in every format I played. It would be weird if there is no equivalent card for the next format.
No, none of that every again.

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
"Draw 2 cards. If your Active Pokémon is an Alolan Pokémon, draw 2 more cards."
Would have made a lot more sense imo.

Otaku

The wise fool?

Though there are formats where I barely played, or played in the pure ignorance of a total casual player... I prefer the formats where we did not have a "Draw 7" Trainer

For what that's worth to you. ;)

Otaku

The wise fool?
Magnezone PLS
Smeargle UD/CL
Sableye AOR

There are probably some others.

All of which are so niche that the original suggestion of

Guzma up two Leles, draw four cards.
Still not that good.

was confusing. ;) The final point that the card isn't that good, however, is only inaccurate in that it is an understatement. This is a bad card; most of the time, you'll draw one less than Hau. Even if you do get the bonus, you just draw one more than Hau. Why bring up Hau? Hau is not worth using competitively, so a card that is only slightly better than it on rare occasions and most of the time draws one less, Samson Oak seems inferior to Hau.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
This isnt good. Even sophocles is better
sophocles is way better, gets rid of cards that need to be in the discard pile activating some strategies, it would be better if it says draw a card for each of the same time as your opponnents active or your active. Sampsons supposed to be associated with alola pokemon.