News New Pokemon To Be Revealed This Weekend, Likely Zeraora!

jperr

Aspiring Trainer
My prediction on what Zeraora card looks like in the TCG:

- Very Low HP, a regular might ranged to 80-90, a GX might be 170 or 150 like Marshadow.
- Low Retreat Cost, 0-1 maybe (0 retreat is better)
- Atks for 1-3 Energy

Zeraora GX - Lightning - HP180
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Volt Absorb
If this Pokémon is damaged by an [L] Pokémon's attack, prevent that damage. Then you may heal 80 damage from Zeraora GX.

[L][L] Volt Switch: 100 damage. Switch this Pokémon with 1 of your benched Pokémon.

[L][L] Plasma Fists GX: 150 damage. During you opponent's next turn, treat all damage done by your opponent's Pokémon as [L] type.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Metal (-20)
Retreat: 1

FossilJockeyMG

Pokémon Paleontologist
I don't subscribe to the "it looks like a digimon" hate that a lot of detractors seem to fall toward every time a new pokémon is released. That being said, it doesn't fit my preconceived notion of what a mythical pokémon should look like. I know, "who cares", right? That's fair. I just felt like weighing in.

Anyway, this guy looks less like it fits the "mythical" mold and more like and evolution of some new unreleased guy kind of like Zoroark and Lucario were. I know it's not. It's 100% confirmed to be a "basic" mythical pokémon. It just looks more like a "stage 1" sort of guy. Again, just my own preconceived notion. In the grand scheme of things, I don't really care that much. I'll pick one up for my dex when it is eventually released. I find no need to dwell on aspects of the game I'm apathetic to when there's so much else I enjoy. :)

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
Great to have "ZeraORA ORA ORAA!" out of the window, so that now the later "Pokenews" will probably be about Pokemon Switch.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I think you forgot a little piece of info.

It has the signature move called Plasma Fists which is an Ion Deluge but as an attack.

starg09

Aspiring Trainer
So SM7a featuring Zeraora... Assuming that also counts as the "Unova Set" (due to Genesect and Virizion), maybe we're getting a "Johto Set" for SM8? Probably with a Lugia-GX, since we already got Ho-Oh-GX.

Which would probably result in our November set being a movie-thematic one... I could get behind that! :D

Weavile04

Professional Dark-Type User
Can't wait... If SM7 is Unova themed (based off of genesect and virizion, like starg09 said), this'll be awesome! Lugia GX, Genesect GX, Virizion GX, and other awesome GXs, like Zeroara... This set I'm REALLY excited about!

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
So SM7a featuring Zeraora... Assuming that also counts as the "Unova Set" (due to Genesect and Virizion), maybe we're getting a "Johto Set" for SM8? Probably with a Lugia-GX, since we already got Ho-Oh-GX.

Which would probably result in our November set being a movie-thematic one... I could get behind that! :D
The Expansion sets (+, a, or b) usually aren't based off of a region, so it wouldn't make sense for it to be a Unova set. I assume it'll be put into Sm8 in the west due to the November Ho-oh and Lugia distribution and the Lugia movie. Also, Dragon Storm had Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem and White Kyurem. So we don't need more of those mons so quickly.

jessalakasam

Does nobody pay attention to Verlisify? He has been saying that the merchandise leaks have hinted at all of the Lycanroc forms, Sylveon, Magearna and several other Pokemon and they are hunting at both Zeraora and an new eeveelution
1. Verlisify is an awful person, so no I don't pay attention to him.
2. Pual Ryan has said that the wording on the merchandise doesn't hint to a new Eeveelution (and he's the guy who reports on all of the merchandise)

The Red Genesect

The robot that made it past Captcha
1. Verlisify is an awful person, so no I don't pay attention to him.
2. Pual Ryan has said that the wording on the merchandise doesn't hint to a new Eeveelution (and he's the guy who reports on all of the merchandise)
(For that first statement) Preach it brother!

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
I'm still assuming it's pronounced "ze-row-ra" breaking it up into 4 syllables is just unpleasant to the ears. Plus the row-ra part is relatively homophonous with how big cats sound so it can say its name and sound relatively feline at the same time.

jessalakasam

yes, I am, let's not forget that he WAS the first one to predict dusk Lycanroc
Everyone predicted a new Lycanroc form. Pretty sure Paul Ryan (the source where he get merch info from) had the same prediction (don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure he said it was coming.)

Graven

Eminem TTGX
"Zeraora uses this magnetic field to levitate and move through the air with extreme speed."

Wait, wait wait wait wait, wait a sec.

*Researches* *Zeraora; Ability: Volt Absorb*

...I am so mad this fella doesn't have Levitate as an ability.