Yveltal-GX from SM6 'Forbidden Light!'

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
Better than mediocre at least. Maybe play it with Decidueye?

EDIT: Also TPCi might want to change the name of that GX attack, like they did with Lickilicky, Death Count seems a bit extreme especially for the young players.

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Pros:
  • Fighting Resistance
  • Lightning Weakness
Cons:
  • Awful attacks
  • Mediocre GX
Verdict – 1/5, pretty awful

uncleyuri

~
I'm seeing different translations. The others I've seen have the GX attack saying effectively 'If the opponents active has 4 or more damage counters they are KO'd'. Big difference there. Still not a great attack but a lot better.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
NOOOO, UNPLAYABLE YVELTAL.

Tbh though that triple Colorless attack could see some odd play. I don't know this could be a decent deck tech, for decks that can't quite hit the numbers.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Xerneas (the life pokemon)- Hurts with 1st attack
Yveltal (the death pokemon)- Heals with 1st attack

Seems legit

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
It's two regular moves are ehh, but its gx move fits and sounds perfect for Yveltal and doesn't cost anything to use. However 4 damage counters is kind of odd to do exactly.

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
I was honestly expecting another deck staple with vague reprints
I understand making Yveltal less of a standard but did they REALLY have to nerf Creep Show AND turn it into a GX attack? It's literally a worse, Dark type Gengar

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
... *sigh*... I saw the headline and I was really hoping for a good yveltal gx card to stick I turbo dark to deal with Buzzwole...

Wechselbalg

brb
Well, at least this time both Xerneas and Yveltal suck lol - seriously why do they even bother giving these two a GX version if they are going to be so bad. Sure, I'm totally going to play a card that gives up 2 prizes and can't contribute to my strategy in any meaningful way. They both should have been Prism Stars with some sort of utility role like Solgaleo/Darkrai/Giratina/Lunala.

Still, slightly better than Xerneas but that's not saying much.

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
How is the GX-attack any different from Creep Show on Breakthrough Gengar? I compared the wording of the Japanese cards, and I couldn't find any differences other than the number, obviously.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
How is the GX-attack any different from Creep Show on Breakthrough Gengar? I compared the wording of the Japanese cards, and I couldn't find any differences other than the number, obviously.

4 damage counters *EXACTLY*.

That's the difference.