'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

A bit of an alternative use for this, its GX attack is very eye-catching, you could tech an Ultra Necrozma-GX into a deck with Espeon-EX (i.e. Decidueye-GX?) with a single Counter Energy. If you're behind on prizes, you could bench this boy, slap on a Counter Energy, GX attack, then next turn devolve everyone, and use Decidueye to take care of anything that didn't evolve up through Rare Candy (Kirlia and Dartrix come to mind). I dunno if this is THAT great of a strategy but something that came to mind.

A bit of an alternative use for this, its GX attack is very eye-catching, you could tech an Ultra Necrozma-GX into a deck with Espeon-EX (i.e. Decidueye-GX?) with a single Counter Energy. If you're behind on prizes, you could bench this boy, slap on a Counter Energy, GX attack, then next turn devolve everyone, and use Decidueye to take care of anything that didn't evolve up through Rare Candy (Kirlia and Dartrix come to mind). I dunno if this is THAT great of a strategy but something that came to mind.
Counter Energy only gets its effect on non-EXs/GXs.

Wow. Weird. Only 1 non GX attack? It's dragon, which is too bad, cause that GX attack would be really good early. Photom Geyser is meh. Mystery Treasure is interesting. I suppose it could be good for psychic, only having to discard one card as opposed to two with Ultra Ball.

EDIT: Ultra Necrozma could actually be really good with Metagross...

Ultra Necrozma is tailor made for Metagross, because the old one's GX move was slightly overkill and the attack dealt slightly too little damage. It almost feels like an incremental patch after they realized the Metagross/Necrozma deck the designers were trying to make wasn't really working out. It's UB tagged so any new support for those will also benefit it.

Mystery Treasure is a GREAT card though. I think some people might be underestimating it when just looking at Lele. It grabs Lele plus Shaymin or Hoopa in expanded. It also finds Dragonite and Rayquaza in Megaray, which while no longer a top tier threat, will always be lurking in the dark alleyways of expanded waiting until everyone grows complacent and stops teching Sudowoodo.

Colorless and Psychic have historically been two of the most consistently important types both from a support and primary attacker perspective, so I think this card has a lot of long term staying power.

Ultra Necrozma is tailor made for Metagross, because the old one's GX move was slightly overkill and the attack dealt slightly too little damage. It almost feels like an incremental patch after they realized the Metagross/Necrozma deck the designers were trying to make wasn't really working out. It's UB tagged so any new support for those will also benefit it.

Mystery Treasure is a GREAT card though. I think some people might be underestimating it when just looking at Lele. It grabs Lele plus Shaymin or Hoopa in expanded. It also finds Dragonite and Rayquaza in Megaray, which while no longer a top tier threat, will always be lurking in the dark alleyways of expanded waiting until everyone grows complacent and stops teching Sudowoodo.

Colorless and Psychic have historically been two of the most consistently important types both from a support and primary attacker perspective, so I think this card has a lot of long term staying power.
Mystery Treasure gets Dragon and Psychic Pokemon, not Colorless and Psychic.

It looks like Dragon Storm will be part of English Forbidden Light with the 1st two cards for Japanese Forbidden Light revealed being Dragon related.

D̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶D̶r̶a̶g̶o̶n̶ ̶E̶n̶e̶r̶g̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶r̶i̶n̶t̶?̶

I think Ultra Necrozma paired with Metagross is a good play. 260 damage with 3P energy. I tried playing Solgaleo GX with Metagross but two different stage 3 Pokemon made it difficult for obvious reasons. In this case UNecrozma is a big Basic.

Only one attack? Possibility of a tool attachment for another attack similar to Power Memory for Zygarde?

Looked alirght at first, but now that I'm thinking about the numbers, I think this is gonna see play.

80 x 3 + 20 base damage = 260 damage. That's enough to knock out anything in existence, and it's good that it's a dragon therefore it's not psychic ergo it's not resisted by Solgaleo / Metagross.

80 x 2 + 20 base damage + 30 from Choice Band = 210 damage. 2 Psychic energies and a simple band attachment is enough to knock out a Zoroark-GX or any pokemon with HP of 210 or 200, which there are a lot of (and if you're playing Metagross with it then you should already have Choice Band in there). Also, as a formerly devoted Solgross player I can tell you for a fact that 9 times out of 10 you will get at least 2 Metagrosses on the board, enough to get 2 psychics onto this Necrozma and potentially OHKO a Zoroark with this in mind.

This takes far less devotion to use than the previous Necrozma from Burning Shadows we've been using for a while now, so that's what I'm liking about this Necrozma even if the buff is slight.

Oh, and the GX attack is alright. It hits 60 damage which is what we finally wanted to hit baby pokemon of 60 HP, but the prize count requirement is surely annoying. Nonetheless, it brings 210 HP Pokemon down to 150, enough for Metagross to get a knock out.

Maybe the reason UN GX only has one non GX attack is because we will get a tool card or prism star that allows it to use a good attack/ability or the ability to have the attacks of either DW or DM if you placed it on top, much like LvL X.

I'm seeing possible combos of Ultra Necrozma with Espeon-EX, Stellar Reign Jirachi, Honchkrow... Don't know if it'd be great but as others are saying, it could make for some interesting comeback moves.

Ultra Necrozma GX looks rather decent. With two Basic Psychic Energy and a Metal Energy attached this will hit for a solid 180 and discard both of them. Include either Choice Band or Devoured Field and this card starts to hit numbers. Remeber that energies can be recovered with Lunala Prism Star and the card also has access to Beast Ring to attach two Basic Energy cards from the deck as soon as the opponent took two prize cards.
It is only basic psychic not metal too

This card is really weird... I mean, really weird. Only 1 non-GX attack? Hm. Doesn't seem bad in Metagross, and the GX attack will see play in any deck that plays Double Dragon. Perhaps, with Zygarde alseo coming out, we'll see a double dragon reprint? I hope so.
I don't think we will see a double dragon reprint. As the next possible unit energy will be Dark/Fairy/Dragon(DeFDuh) lol

Going to hold my final judgment on Ultra Necrozma until the rest of the set is out, but as a Dragon fan Mystery Treasure looks good.

Back