'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Special Hammer is still better, and it's not gonna rotate, so why play this? Only point would be if you want to attack with Lele or soon-very-killed Gardevoir, you can move a DCE from Bench to active and you do 40/60 more damage. You can also move the opponents DCE to one Zoroark where they are useless ( who needs Zoroark with 3 DCE attached)
That's a good way to go. But risky, as Lele has to have at least 5 energy and 1 choice band to knock out Zoroark GX with 2 DCEs on it. It's Zoroark GX's "over 200Hp" that makes it hard to OHKO him using Lele GX, in my opinion.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
  • Eevee: Adorable artwork, but no one will play it over the SUM Eevee. 2/5 solely for the artwork.

• Sylveon: First attack: This is a really good attack as is, but if you can choose if you want to use it or not it will be sooo much better. Second attack: Not horrible, but not anywhere near good. 3.5/5
Could be a good 1 of in quad Sylveon and Gardevior for the first attack

KentGardner

Aspiring Trainer
The Eevee itself isn't very useful, but it's existence is kind of required for the Sylveon.
Actually it’s the 4th eevee the last set had 2 versions? Why is it required? If they don’t print another one it would take 3 years to rotate out all previous eevees. It can be odd sometimes though gengar ex rotated once but a M Gengar was a promo and stayed standard, but you couldn’t use it obvi. Lol

Daniel Adkins

Aspiring Trainer
So are we getting this set in English as well? I'm curious because Collector's Cache has it for pre order in the English booster box section.

CYL

All hail Eevee!
Actually it’s the 4th eevee the last set had 2 versions? Why is it required? If they don’t print another one it would take 3 years to rotate out all previous eevees. It can be odd sometimes though gengar ex rotated once but a M Gengar was a promo and stayed standard, but you couldn’t use it obvi. Lol
Oh really? Uh-oh, I call myself an Eeveelutions collector and I haven't even been keeping track :p

Now that you say it it is quite redundant. Even though I appreciate how the Eeveelutions get so many cards, I don't really like how some pokemon get absolutely no cards at all (Bonsly, Happiny, Kadabra - I'm looking at you Uri Geller)

Kapu Riki

Spilling the T, sipping the Tapu Cocoa
I think I want to try to play Quad (Quint...?) Sylveon with this. And splash a little Tapu Lele for the toplels

KentGardner

Aspiring Trainer
Oh really? Uh-oh, I call myself an Eeveelutions collector and I haven't even been keeping track :p

Now that you say it it is quite redundant. Even though I appreciate how the Eeveelutions get so many cards, I don't really like how some pokemon get absolutely no cards at all (Bonsly, Happiny, Kadabra - I'm looking at you Uri Geller)
800 Pokemon, should not see the same one but once every 5 sets

NeedleKingSR

Night March is overrated
I guess it could potentially see a little play in expanded with XY Base Delphox as just a way of dealing a little more damage, but overall, kinda trash. Or some people might play it with something like that Infernape from ULP...?

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I guess it could potentially see a little play in expanded with XY Base Delphox as just a way of dealing a little more damage, but overall, kinda trash. Or some people might play it with something like that Infernape from ULP...?
2 Stage 2s, NO!

• Delphox - Worst Weakness, worst RC, worst Attack. The fact that this doesn't synergize with Volcanion hurts this card so much. Too bad that it can deal 150-200 for 4 but you'll exert too much effort to do it. Hugh! Greninja is our only hope, but I doubt that it'll be expensive given that their pre-evos has 2 AC in their attack. Hopefully it won't happen. 2-3 Geodudes

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Can I enumerate the 15 Trainers of Forbidden Light?
  1. Ultra Space
  2. Beast Ring
  3. Ultra Recon Squad (Dulse and Zossie)
  4. Wake
  5. Metal Frying Pan
  6. Lysandre Prism
  7. Mystery Treasure
  8. Eneporter
  9. Fossil Excavation Map
  10. Bonnie
  11. Lysandre Labs
  12. ???
  13. ???
  14. ???
  15. ???

Red Chaser

Aspiring Trainer
Can I enumerate the 15 Trainers of Forbidden Light?
  1. Ultra Space
  2. Beast Ring
  3. Ultra Recon Squad (Dulse and Zossie)
  4. Wake
  5. Metal Frying Pan
  6. Lysandre Prism
  7. Mystery Treasure
  8. Eneporter
  9. Fossil Excavation Map
  10. Bonnie
  11. Lysandre Labs
  12. ???
  13. ???
  14. ???
  15. ???
If Zygarde-GX can get a supporter to synergise with, Greninja-GX can get a Ash Trainer card.

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
If the Pokemon company are kind enough to give us a 2-2-2 line of this card in our Forbidden light pre-release boxes, then I can see this card being OK. not good but OK. well nothing compared to the pre-release boxes in ultra prism giving us 2-2-2 lines of empoleon and 2-2-2 lines of garchomp and even 2-2-2 magnezone line, which all 3 will see lots of play this next season.

Out side of the pre-release meta, it kind of stinks.
free burn is nice to have on an ability, but the nerf to burn, via the new burn rules in the sun and moon base set pre-constructed theme decks, makes burn one of the weakest status conditions in the game.

Registeel379

Aspiring Trainer
Delphox & Infernape/Salazzzzzzzle? Interesting status condition deck could form especially with Delphox/Salazzzzzzzle/Seviper/Darkrai GX possibly.

Attack is meh especially with no fire acceleration- better to use turtonator gx even if giving up two prize cards.

I give it 3 Regis