News 'CoroCoro' Reveals New Z-Moves, Using Z-Moves Twice

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
Do you realize what this means? There will likely be some kind of mechanic in the TCG with using GX attacks more than once! Maybe something with Rotom Dex trainers or a Rotom ability!

Luca Wiz

Spooky_Gengar
Two Z moves in one battle seems kinda broken... but I do love how they are improving the Rotom Dex. I hope the Poke Finder gets some sort of an upgrade too.

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
Does anyone remember "Luxury Ball" from a gen 4 set. can't remember which, but it basically said "search your deck for any Pokemon card, and put that card in your hand. If there is a luxury ball card in your discard pile, this card does nothing". the card was placed as a single copy in every deck at the time.

Where i'm getting at with this is, there will probably be a Rotom dex trainer card that says "If your GX Attack counter is faced down, put it face up again. If there is a rotom (WHATEVER) Dex, in your discard pile, this card does nothing."

^this is the most probable prediction to how the TCG will handle this mechanic.

Jswoop22

Aspiring Trainer
If they make a card that allows you to use 2 Gx moves in a single game, that would change the whole format, and not for the good.

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Where i'm getting at with this is, there will probably be a Rotom dex trainer card that says "If your GX Attack counter is faced down, put it face up again. If there is a rotom (WHATEVER) Dex, in your discard pile, this card does nothing."

*put a card from your discard pile in your hand*
* Shuffle a card from you DP into your deck*
#broken

Sean Timmons

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone remember "Luxury Ball" from a gen 4 set. can't remember which, but it basically said "search your deck for any Pokemon card, and put that card in your hand. If there is a luxury ball card in your discard pile, this card does nothing". the card was placed as a single copy in every deck at the time.

Gonna be hard to find a workaround on a card like that with puzzle in standard and eventually in expanded. Multiple Sol Burst Solgaleo could be annoying lol.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~

Hmm... That would be very exploitable and wouldn't limit to only two uses. (I like the thought of Luxury Ball's effect, though!) Maybe just something along the lines of 'You may only use the effect of this card once per game' could work? Or put it in the Lost Zone after using it. Ha ha.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
With the format change of ultra sun and Moon TCG Def is a new mechanic coming, personally I would love there to be Z crystal cards to attach to specific types that can only be used once per game (in lieu of GX attack) would completely shake the game, imagine a Garbador with some maniac physic Z move - would be awesome stuff, or magikarp being able to land some awesome 80-90 damage water attack LOL

Waplozes

*Trumpeting Peaks*
Is anyone else getting this idea of the mechanic in RPG's? Various interactions change the level of emotion in the character's code, letting various different things occur...

TheRealBro..

Yeah, if that's gonna be the case in VGC competitive play (using Z-moves twice) defensive play/stall is completely finished and the only viable form of play will be hyper offensive. Let's not. One Z-move is already somewhat problematic in my opinion (although also an interesting new mechanic at the same time)

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
We need an English confirmation before we assume that it is what it is.

Multiple Z-Moves (GX attacks in the TCG) could be broken.

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Please do not carry multiple Z-Moves into the TCG, please do not carry multiple Z-Moves into the TCG, please do not carry multiple Z-Moves into the TCG...

While you're at it, keep it in-story too. Thanks.

Curious, Rotopon sounds like a new O-Power system. Yes please!

Sephiroth120898

Aspiring Trainer

Nope, that's too broken. Gardevoir could keep shuffling 9 cards plus that card back into its deck. Nice idea though.

TheMaskedMeowth

Aspiring Trainer

Shoot, lemme just use Twilight/Hollow Hunt infinity times.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
If the wording of a rotom item in the TCG is as follows, it won't be a problem.

"You may use two GX attacks this game."

If it the wording of a rotom item is as follows, I quit.

"You may use an additional GX attack this game."

Elray

Expanded Player

Dowsing Machine is going to be even more expensive if that happens.