News Full English 'Shining Legends' Set List!

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
I'm really glad they didn't manage to fudge some random rainbow rares in here lol

But love this set, like generations and I've said before something nice only being able to get boosters in a premium purchase, almost makes them feel as special as they did when you where a kid and only able to get like 1-2 boosters max! You even sort of pay more attention to each and every card!

Also any confirmation on online codes is there a code per pack or does etb just unlock the 10 boosters online?

Whitefinch

IG: rotomcollector
I love small collector's sets like these. The massive number of secret rares in the Sun & Moon sets have put me off collecting those so I'm mega excited to start on this set!

Thanks for posting the full setlist!

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
What are the pull rates for GX etc?
And it was said that each booster contains two holos. How does that work out?

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
So there was seroiusly only one Genesect pulled out of 1000 packs ? That card is going to be preeetty expensive... I'm quite disappointed Pokemon reintroduced cards with higher min-rarity than Ultra Rare.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Why did this set exist again?
Because shining pokemon didn't seem to fit in with Crimson Invasion, so TPCi was just like "Oh Hey Generations did well let's make another one so we can use these sshiny pokemon. Even better, just so people will buy this art book we plan to release, let's take the two best shinies and put them into this other expensive product. What could go wrong?" Little did they know that what could go wrong is very few chase cards in Crimson invasion, with Nihilego and Kartana, which are pretty average at best, being all we really have to look forward to.

Shiny Bulbasaur

Aspiring Trainer
I'm really glad they didn't manage to fudge some random rainbow rares in here lol

But love this set, like generations and I've said before something nice only being able to get boosters in a premium purchase, almost makes them feel as special as they did when you where a kid and only able to get like 1-2 boosters max! You even sort of pay more attention to each and every card!

Also any confirmation on online codes is there a code per pack or does etb just unlock the 10 boosters online?

There’s a code per pack, I think the ETB unlocks the Ho-Oh promo. Not sure, I’ll have to look at mine.

Whitefinch

IG: rotomcollector

I've watched some some pack opening videos on YouTube - looks like each booster pack has an online TCG code card.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Ugh, with how little GX's there are the GX's are going to be near impossible to pull. Thankfully the set will be easy to complete. I was once collecting GRI, till I forgot i needed Lele and gave up.

I love completing and collecting these Mini-ish sets, since this set is so small i might go for a master set (So for GX's im going for 4 of a card, AKA: Playset, and getting Reverse Holo's for all the cards.)

Completed/Collected Dragon Vault back in BW, lucky to pull the Kyurem SR from my first blister of the 3 I bought.

Anyhow, I look forward to completing this set!

ozzie347

Aspiring Trainer
What are the pull rates for GX etc?
And it was said that each booster contains two holos. How does that work out?

Pull rates for the GXs seem to be 1 in 4 or so, higher than normal. I've seen several ETBs actually pull 4 GXs.

There are no non-holo rares in the set, so each booster has a reverse holo and either a holo rare or GX/FA/RR card.

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
Ugh, with how little GX's there are the GX's are going to be near impossible to pull. Thankfully the set will be easy to complete. I was once collecting GRI, till I forgot i needed Lele and gave up.

I love completing and collecting these Mini-ish sets, since this set is so small i might go for a master set (So for GX's im going for 4 of a card, AKA: Playset, and getting Reverse Holo's for all the cards.)

Completed/Collected Dragon Vault back in BW, lucky to pull the Kyurem SR from my first blister of the 3 I bought.

Anyhow, I look forward to completing this set!

From what I've seen on YouTube, GXs seem to have average pull rates.

ozzie347

Aspiring Trainer
What happened to Mask Royale?

Probably the same thing that happened to Olivia and Hau FA. We'll likely see it in our SM4 release. Neither the regular art or the FA of Masked Royal were part of the Japanese set, but rather promos that were given with purchasing Shining Legends packs. Hau FA was given away for purchasing a box of SM1+ in Japan, while being lumped into our SM2.