News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Potion – Trainer
Item

Heal 30 damage from 1 of your Pokemon, then punch your opponent.

You may play up to 59 Item cards during your turn (before you attack them).

found this in the translations. True, but.... Seriously?

Last edited:

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
I'll appreciate this for one single day, but there's so many colors on the pack arts, I love it!

Also, as a person who is never a fan of Theme Decks and thinks they generally suck, I'm glad to know that at least the holos in them are the 2 really good ones I bet a good majority of people want to build a deck with (Empoleon and Garchomp), so they're automatically better than 98% of the Theme Decks out there, the other 2% being the BREAKpoint Theme decks because both of them gave you a copy of Max Elixir and Fighting Fury Belt or a nice looking Holo Greninja.

EDIT: Oh right, and the Garchomp deck is probably going to have at least one copy of Cynthia on the offchance Cynthia suffers the same fate via price increase as Type: Null (You know, since they're both holos).
The noivern theme deck from Breakthrough was also pretty good, because it contained 1 copy of Stand In Zoroark.

Last edited:

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Dang, that lunala necrozma fusion is uglyyyyyyyy.... solgaleo will always be better
But in all seriousnees, the giratina artwork is on point

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Firstly... GIVE ME ALL THE GIRATINA PACK ARTS, AND NO ONE GETS HURT!

Secondly, I'm surprised the theme decks have actually competitively viable and playable cards with both Empoleon AND Garchomp. Also curious to see if the Garchomp theme deck will have at least 1 Lucario to go as the partner for Garchomp.

Yup I can already see it; Lucario will be a holo in the set and this theme deck will contain a special non-holo version of it (and possibly same to Cynthia as well).

Seems wierd to think that Empoleon will be a non-holo in the main set, while Infernape and Torterra are likely to be holos.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Maybe I rescore Empoleon 4 Geodudes, because it can deal at the maximum of 230-250, enough to OHKO most Big Cards in the format.

My guess in that pack art is Darkrai.

The crystals in the frame is so cool

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Hahha good find! Though it was done on purpose clearly!
Potion – Trainer
Item

Heal 30 damage from 1 of your Pokemon, then punch your opponent.

You may play up to 59 Item cards during your turn (before you attack them).

found this in the translations. True, but.... Seriously?

Looks like your opponent is going to need that potion more than your active Pokemon

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Derium dubbed Lapras GX as the "Big, Dumb Mouth Lapras." I think I'll dub this Giratina pack art as the "Big, Dumb Mouth Giratina." Why does seemingly everything have to have its mouth open on 3D pack art and EX's/GX's? Just makes some things look goofy...

And in a surprise twist, both trial decks feature potentially great cards?! That rarely happens. And the possibility of Cynthia being in the Garchomp deck might be a good sign that they hopefully made Cynthia an uncommon. Then again...
I think it would be hilarious if the Garchomp deck 0 copies of Cynthia. Get trolled by Pokemon
I wouldn't put it past them to do this.