News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Cottonmouth25

Flying-type Enthusiast
Some of these attack names are hilarious - "Spinning Spin" and "Headbang" are the ones that come immediately to mind. Guess now we know why Null has that Mohawk, ha ha.

Also, from Hippowdon... "Evolves from Hippopototototas". New Gen 8 Pokémon confirmed? :p

MetaCall

ADVGYM

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
My Prerelease was fine, pulled Celesteela FA and Palkia RR which is actually ok. Also got a Cynthia. But there were other crazy guys pulling FA Lillie, Glaceon GX, FA Cynthia or even a Prism Star and a GX in the same pack. One of them ended up with 3 Prism, 1 FA as well as 1 RR in 7 packs.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Oo-wee this is gonna be exciting to collect the full arts from this. Can't wait to see those golds though. First set I've actually bought some boxes from in a while (2), so excited to get those soon. I had pretty bad prerelease luck, so hopefully these boxes treat me better.

Otaku

The wise fool?
For Cyrus (SM - Ultra Prism 120/138), I can't help noticing that the English spoiler of the Japanese text reads

#120 Cyrus ◇ – Trainer
Supporter

You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card is discarded, put it in the Lost Zone.

This card can only be used if your Active Pokemon is [W] or [M].

Your opponent chooses 2 of their Benched Pokemon, then shuffles their other Benched Pokemon and all cards attached to them into their deck.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

but the official English card reads like this:

Scan
SM5_EN_120.png

Pokemon.com TCG Database Entry

Cyrus ◇
Trainer - Supporter
◇ (Prism star) rule

You can't have more than 1 ◇ card with the same name in your deck. If a ◇ card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

You can’t play this card if you don’t have any Water or Metal Pokémon in play. Your opponent chooses 2 Benched Pokémon and shuffles the others, and all cards attached to them, into their deck.

Ultra Prism
120/138

Though a small change, it is pretty significant in terms of gameplay. Anyway, just thought @Water Pokémon Master might want to know so he could correct that. Oh, and I just noticed that Pokemon.com itself has all the card scans reading as "/156" while all their text write ups say "/138". Guess this set is giving everyone troubles. ;)

Last edited:

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
The cyrus mistranslation has been thoroughly discussed.

The current english print is not a correct translation of the japanese text, so they will likely issue an errata soon.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
The cyrus mistranslation has been thoroughly discussed.

The current english print is not a correct translation of the japanese text, so they will likely issue an errata soon.

If they don't errata the Japanese version of the card. They issued an errata for Galvantula before pre releases happened. AFAIK that was the last major mistranslation like this and it was corrected way faster.