News Gengar From SM4 Revealed!

Interesting. I feel like you could combine this with Creep Show Gengar for some potential. Guess it depends on if you could get this guy out before they started putting down energy.

I don't think it'll be playable, simply because not many people will want to waste slots on Gastly and Haunter for a somewhat powerful ability. If it were a GX or a Stage 1 mon with this ability it'd be another story.

it could be a 2-1-2 line in psychic decks its just like frozen city and frozen city was really good

I could see this being fun. Also lets not forget it stacks! So if some how you can manage to get 3 out anything with 60 hp cannot receive energy.

No.
It's bad.
I don't like it.
I like Gengar. I really do.
But this one's bad.
Just bad.
With FOUR Stage 2's up you get 80 damage, which is nice.
But it's bad.

I think it's built to be a Garde killer, but what would you pair it with for offensive pressure?

Seems like it will be good with alolan vulpex and ninetails gx. Set up a bunch of hangar and snipe with ninetails with dumbbells attached

I don't understand why exactly people think this is a bad card. I can see this being incredibly useful paired with cards that disrupt energy. You can force them to take an extra 20 damage on top of what you're already doing simply because you NEED the energy to fight.

A great example would be Lycanroc GX. I play a deck with him and tons of energy disruption and Strong Energy. While it's kinda weird to throw psychics in a fighting deck, I could see it being an amazing way to finish off kills or force opponents to focus on another pokemon, effectively giving you free prizes. Slap a Muscle Dumbell on it and it's not getting revenge killed easily.

Maybe i'm oversimplifying it, but it does sound fun on paper.

Edit: Guardians Rising Honchkrow also loves the support that comes out of this card.

Ability is pretty good, and the attack is garbage. Why does TPCI only care about Darkrai and Gardevoir? What about Gengar? He barely gets love. His only good card from XY was the creep show one(but tbh XY barely had any gengar) Also this kinda lowers our chance for a Gengar GX in the set...

Yeah not happy : (
Gengar-EX was insane and saw tons of plays if you are counting that! Have wanted a Gengar-GX for a while though and I agree with you that it is a shame we won't be getting one in CRI.

There just isn't a time when this will ever be good. In Standard, the game will not slow down enough where you get to set down enough of these to actually matter. The attack is absolute garbage as well, and people seem to forget that simply to get this into play you need to evolve twice or play down Rare Candy, which takes up too much space for something that does too little.

In Expanded you have Frozen City, which is far better than this Gengar will ever be.

Back