News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Wait that regirock.... It's very similar to another card, can't quite place it!

Love the high five Salazzle but Registeel steals the show I love cards with trainers featured too - this almost follows on from the Regi card in the main set!

Decent set of pre releases!!

BossZombie123

Aspiring Trainer
The prerelease promos should be all the regis not two regis raichu and salazle, The only good potential cards there are the regis in the cool regi deck that should be good!

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
I didn't notice in the initial reveal of the set but I can't believe how they gave this Alolan Raichu a psychic attack and not only that. This one does 70+ 20 more for each energy to opponent active pokemon. The Mewtwo reprint last year has a mere 20+ 20 more for each energy for two colourless energies. I wish it had the same as this Raichu here.

The artwork for the two Regi's look nice here.

Last edited:

Tyler Beta

Fookin' laser sights!!!!
Okay, I'm gonna rant for a bit. I don't know why dragons need other energy to use attacks. It just makes no sense to me. Just make Dragon Energy

TCG_Destory

Darkness player
I wanna buy Hyper Rare A. Exeggutor so badly. Just for the memes.

Yea notice how I said I was gonna buy the card and not packs. I'm not getting any packs of Crimson invasion, because, in my personal opinion, I don't think its a good set. Probably the worst SM set we've gotten so far. And i'm a bit iffy about the metal type reprint... But Buzzwoles FA looks pretty sweet.
Don't know how many Crimson Invasion packs I'll buy. Burning Shadows has yet to land me a Pokémon-GX with 18 opened packs so far (ratios are six per box) and singles almost always feel more worth it than packs.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Aw c'mon they couldn't have made all the pre release Promos Regi's at the very least? Some theme for once?

The Regirock and Registeel arts are beautiful, along with the Alolan Raichu. I swear to god these sets have produced the most beautiful cards.

ShinyZard

Aspiring Trainer
Why can't TPCi make Kartana have a different weakness instead of fire so I can add it to my Metagross deck and not have bad matchups against fire decks. They gave Ho-Oh GX a lighting weakness instead of water, why can't TCPi do the same thing for metal decks. :mad:

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Why can't TPCi make Kartana have a different weakness instead of fire so I can add it to my Metagross deck and not have bad matchups against fire decks. They gave Ho-Oh GX a lighting weakness instead of water, why can't TCPi do the same thing for metal decks. :mad:
Most Steel Pokemon that have been printed in the TCG have a Fire weakness that makes sense, with the sole exception being Phantom Forced Heatran, who, for some reason, is still weak to Fire even if it should be neutral - or even immune to it thanks to Flash Fire - in the games, even though the Legends Awakened version is weak to Water.

They gave Ho-oh GX an Electric weakness because its half-Flying in the games. I don't see a reason why Kartana should have any other weakness than Fire. If you want a Metagross deck to have a somewhat easier matchup against Volcanion, just use Necrozma GX, which isn't even weak to Fire.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Don't know how many Crimson Invasion packs I'll buy. Burning Shadows has yet to land me a Pokémon-GX with 18 opened packs so far (ratios are six per box) and singles almost always feel more worth it than packs.

Don't give up hope lol guardians rising was awful for me but the pulls I've had with shadows is insane, I always stick to back half of the box here I know not mapped but still even in booster boxes ive opened still the front 18 have will maybe only have like one white code card and back half just makes it rain!