News August's English TCG Set: 'Burning Shadows'

We all know why Charizard is getting another card....
cmls7Wr.jpg

Not actually salty, but I saw the opportunity and took it.

Dang, that made me think way too hard. I was going to try to correct you because I'm a dingus who ruins all the fun, but I can't think of any Pokémon with card sleeves edgier than Necrozma.

i just think that sometime s pokemon look really weird necrozma and the new legendaries one of the looks kie an ufo to me

Isn't it weird by the way that the 3rd set features Necrozma already instead of the Ultra Beasts? Because in game it's the other way around..
It's quite possible that the Ultra Beasts are in this set but overshadowed by Necrozma. There is only one Necrozma compared the the many Ultra Beasts. Don't forget this set is new and only a handful of the cards have been leaked.

So is every English set going to be pushing 200 cards at this point?

I never thought I would be upset about that (I was the sole person on the planet who loved Supreme Victors for being a big set), but 20 secret rares a set will do that I guess.

It's quite possible that the Ultra Beasts are in this set but overshadowed by Necrozma. There is only one Necrozma compared the the many Ultra Beasts. Don't forget this set is new and only a handful of the cards have been leaked.

Guess that's true. That would make sense. We'll have to wait and see!

i say ultra beasts are coming in SM4. Mostly because historically the 4th set has always been of some kind of importance, and, in recent years, because they come after a rotation. For example; DP great encounters contained multiple legendary pokemon as LV X, which was likely seen as a "major" set. In black and white, Next destinies signalled the beginning of EX cards, and finally added gen 1-4 pokemon back into the TCG. In X and Y, the line is blurry but Phantom forces can be seen in the same way, as it added team flare gear, along with some very good cards competitively (night march, mega manectric, etc). It would only make sense that tpci adds ultra beasts in SM4, because that set comes out at the end of the year, after rotation, meaning that it really helps drive the sun and moon cards to the forefront while phasing out XY. Of course burning shadows seems major, and could be that set, but in my opinion it will be in SM4, after the rotation (I assume it will be rotation for Japan as well, which is not often, so even more reason for them to do so). Feel free to point out any flaws in my logic.

Dang, that made me think way too hard. I was going to try to correct you because I'm a dingus who ruins all the fun, but I can't think of any Pokémon with card sleeves edgier than Necrozma.
Lugia box with plasma storm?

I'm in love with Necrozma, I'm also looking forward to Marshadow tbh
Though I feel like Marshadow will have one alright move and not be that useful

'Burning Shadows'?

I really liked the ring of the Japanese name for it, to which I can't remember.

I think it was along the lines of, 'Look Who's Fighting the Rainbow!'

OMG need these decks! Alolan Ninetales and Lycanroc, beautiful combination <3 But Lycanroc will be weak to Alolan Ninetales, is it even fair to play to each other with them?

Back