News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

Garden City Pokemon

Aspiring Trainer
Shining Jirachi is certainly an interesting card. Looking forward to seeing if anybody uses it more now that more stage 1 and 2's are popping up in the competitive scene.

Tri2attack

"Guzma for game."-every close game
That kingdra works with Tapu Koko promo well. I wounder if im the only one with the same idea

MasterBidoof123

Pokemon Master!
Vensaur is pretty Playable with its ability, it has some potential. It can be annoying though, Because Venusaur is a Stage 2. Maybe rare candy and Shiinotic( Illuminate) will save it?

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Of course the Ivysaur combos with Venusaur and Shining Celebi, allowing it to swing for half the cost.

Omarphylax

Aspiring Trainer
Just imagine this Genesect with Venusaur and the -30 damage stadium. You can also use Max potions by moving the energies with other genesects in bench

ozzie347

Aspiring Trainer
Genesect + Venasaur seems legit. 3 grass energy + Venasaur ability + Choice Band = 200 damage. On a basic single-prize attacker. Ridiculous :D

My Little Keldeo

Submarine Reflection!
Advanced Member
Shining Genesect looks like a solid single prize attacker in Lurantis and possibly Vikavolt decks. The Ability and attack are reminiscent of Flareon-EX, a card that saw some competitive play but Volcanion now has better partners. With the Lurantis promo and Choice Band, it's possible to hit for big numbers with this card. 130 HP is also typical for a non-GX / EX basic.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Shining Genesect - Does anyone found Venusaur's perfect partner? This is the perfect one! This is basically Grass version of GEN Flareon EX. I made up a partial deck list for this. Plus, the ability matches the card itself.4 Geodudes:
Pokemon - 19
3 Shining Genesect (If it is allowed to run multiple copies of Shining Pokémon)
2-1-2 Venusaur
4-2/2 Lurantis/Lurantis-GX
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Pink Oricorio

Stadium - 3
3 Aether Park

Energy - 8
8 Grass Energy

Supporters - 13
4 Sycamore
4 N
1 Brigette
2 Guzma
1 Acerola
1 Center Lady

Items - 17

2 Rare Candy
4 Ultra Ball
2 Rescue Strecther
2 Field Blower
3 Choice Band

1 Switch (just in case)
1 Super Rod
1 Timer Ball
1 Revitalizer

Total: 60

Last edited:

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
It is said that Genesect is an ancient Pokemon found and modified by Team Plasma, and a lot of people believe that Pokemon to be Kabutops. Maybe that's the reference? The dex does however say it was a bug Pokemon, which it is not a Bug-type, but it is in the Water 3 Egg Group, which is the Egg Group that aquatic invertebrates are categorized in. Neat reference.
Shining Genesect and Venusaur... Too many decks I want to make, yet so little money. >_>

Last edited:

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Shining Genesect immediately reminded me of Shining Kabutops as well.

It's too uncanny to be coincidental – it's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it, but it's nonetheless a reference.