News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I couldn't help but notice that it seem to miss certain cards. I was hoping to see, such as the diancie http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/06/diancie-from-sm3, though it might end up in the SM3 legendary thing. This could've helped evolution decks quite a bit.
The Diancie is definitely in the set, and should be in the list of cards soon!
Elemental Monkeys - Not again?!
Again? We've had two monkey trios since XY (3 if you include the Kalos Starter Set), meanwhile we've had 8 Gardevoirs (including megas) and 12 Charizards (including megas)! I mean, we've had more Manectric cards in that spand (4 including megas). There has literally been more Bidoof (4 including Kalos Starter Set) than monkeys. Not saying I hate any of those, just that I don't think it's fair to complain about the monkeys getting print all the time, when other Pokémon clearly get more prints :)

Last edited:

Baconcrisp3

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, Gyarados's 50x for each Magikarp in the discard pile could be powerful. But might be incredibly awkward as soon as Gyarados is KOed unless it's with something else. Porygon-Z's devolving all of your opponent's Pokemon ability could be insane against a Stage 1 or Stage 2 deck, but it's a Stage 2 as well.
Maybe Marshadow-GX could make Gyrados good.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Love the art in this set. I was annoyed that they had yet another Gardevoir card, but at least it's really nice artwork.

Charizard looks pretty cool (similar to Ho-oh, not amazing but good). Noivern and Muk look fantastic; can't wait to see the rainbow rare Noivern. Golisopod is great. Marshadow is nice.

I'm a little bothered by the number of secret rares again (too many FA supporters and items, even more than GR if you count the ones they'll likely include from SM2+). Seems like they were trying to shove in all the SR energies that were remaining.
They aren't printing water energy, are they? There's really no reason to, unless they really want to hype up Tapu Fini

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
One interesting find is the cutiefly in this set has 0-retreat cost, which could potentially make the Ribombee in both this set and the Base Sun/Moon set quite a bit more playable.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Once you put on the Choice Band it's 210 because you have to account for the poison and burn damage, so I think it's more than just "not bad". It's downright lethal. Is there anything in the meta that can confuse from the hand or bench? Add that in and you're slapping Metagross too.
You could go with a confusion route, but I personally think going with Germanic colors (Red/Yellow/Black) and adding a Raichu from this set could work for ousting Metagross. You wouldn't even need a choice band.

Sinister_Dusclops

Aspiring Trainer
At the top of the post it mentions SR Rescue Energy. Did you mean SR Rescue Stretcher?

I hope we get a non-GX Tapu Fini.

Am I the only one who is severely disappointed? Also no non-GX Charizard and Gardevoir? The only decks I would consider testing are: Gardevoir, Lapras/Marshadow, and Gyarados.

swaginator5000

Aspiring Trainer
Rescue Energy? Plz come back I miss you.
7PhLQGY.gif

Kyrushi

Squirrel
I'm happy to have a new Meowstic card! It's a shame it's not very good, but i'm still going to use it anyways! I've made Hand Fling Simipour work i'll find a way to make this one work. :')

Tangelatwist

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Marshadow-GX using the metronome attack with an Evolutions Clefairy in the discard pile could make some exciting plays! Although situational, it could even be feasible with just 1-offs of say Clefairy, Marshadow-GX, and Ninja boy squeezed into a deck.

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG

Again? We've had two monkey trios since XY (3 if you include the Kalos Starter Set), meanwhile we've had 8 Gardevoirs (including megas) and 12 Charizards (including megas)! I mean, we've had more Manectric cards in that spand (4 including megas). There has literally been more Bidoof (4 including Kalos Starter Set) than monkeys. Not saying I hate any of those, just that I don't think it's fair to complain about the monkeys getting print all the time, when other Pokémon clearly get more prints :)
Not to mention 15 Mewtwos!

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
If only Marshadow could copy any Pokémon's attacks in the discard pile, Gyarados could actually be worthwhile...

Cool set, the FAs and HRs are definitely improving greatly, and the Trainers are also useful.
It would be wayyy to broken if that were true. as it stands it Not to bad in expanded its great in standard it's damage potential is 180 for a DCE and choice band and you just attack with mew ex.

This set is pretty weak otherwise but with gri being so great it was to be expected

Olimar.Inc

Aspiring Trainer

"8 Gardevoirs" "12 Charizards (including megas)" I'm just here seeing this and wondering why they could not just fit in a cresselia-GX. We have not seen her since boundaries crossed....I liked making a combo deck with Darkrai and Cresselia.

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
No Metal types at all? Really?

This is a very, very sad day. I guess I'll have to wait for SM4 to see if the Ultra Beasts being Metal back in to viability. (Sorry Metagross, I don't dig you)