News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
thank god they didn't make this like skull grunt, this is an item card. You can play multiple per turn. You can much more easily predict when an opponent has supporters in their hand (almost always at the end of a turn unless they have a dead hand) than when they have energy. It would be literally the single most powerful disruption card since Super Energy Removal if it worked like TSG does. Every deck would run 2-4 of them. And the last thing this game needs imo is more flippin' disruption items, hammers are getting bad enough with all of the quad decks running them.

It would essentially be delinquent as an item card that could be played alongside or after a draw support. You would need to have multiple draw supports in your hand at the end of each turn to be safe, and even then they could play a second spray if they had it and saw another one.

Hunga

Oh no! Rotation in sight
And again the meta as now is the limit for many, sadly...
After rotation it might be even better, if VS seeker rotats out and if not, it's still okay since they need to kinda “waste“ their seeker.

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Not a fan. Even with something that allows you to see your opponent's hand, couldn't they just, you know, mix their hand back up so you don't know where the supporters are?
Might see some play in like, Tsareena or something once VS Seeker rotates.

Slurma

Aspiring Trainer
This is bad, this is to inconsistent, and could possibly even help your opponent. For example, you do this to a hex and your opponent N's. Your opponent now has another tool in the discard to be scooped up with VS Seeker.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
MY GEODUDES
  • Not Alolan Raichu - the ability is good in some situations that you need to buy a turn to set up. Paralyzed is an effect, Ranger comes in.... Maybe ( Pls. Confirm me if Ranger works for Atk's effects only). Spec. Cond. Isn't the main concern right now. So 3 Geodudes for Raichu, 2 for Pikachu.
  • Alolan Raichu - Where are you??!
I wish for an Alolan Raichu too. Don't we all. Also, Ranger only works for attacks.

Srmb

Physics, that's what pokemon is all about!
It looks cool. Its ability Could work, but it won't see any play

fleshrum

Cephalophore
As much as these are not competitive in light of the heavy hitting GX format we have, AT LEAST THEY ARE EXPLORING NEW DESIGN SPACE WITH THESE ABILITIES !!!!!!

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
MY GEODUDES
  • Heracross - Are you sure it is weak to Psychic??! When I looked closely, I see some Red part on it. And most Grass-types are weak to Fire (unless it involves on being a Bug/Fighting typed Pokemon). Back to Heracross, the attack is unconvincing. The ability is fine!, but it can still be blocked. So I give it, 2 for now.

TCG_Destory

Darkness player
MY GEODUDES
  • Tournament---I mean Torment Spray - Eeehh! Lots of decks uses 10-15 Supporters, 20 if the deck is under "Garbophobia". This can be useful in some decks, this prevents people using N, Syca, etc. But the fact that we have VS Seeker today, until August, it's a meh! I think I'll give it 2-3 Geodudes. Neutral for Sylvie it can be good or bad for this deck.
Garbophobia... I tested a Mega Rayquaza deck with 16 Items and it did not work well. I have then tested a Brilliant Arrow deck that had 21 Items against Raticate/Garbodor and it was winning. I think Trainers' Mail should still be used in decks as a 1, 2 or 3-of. It sure is stressful to play against Garbodor but you can include Skyla to make your setup without Item burning easier. I would not recommend ruining your consistency for that one matchup. That said, I made a Despair Ray deck I plan to take to a tournament tomorrow. It runs 23 Item cards but a beauty of it is that once you are set up, if you did not use 9 Items, you are safe (let alone the Field Blower case) and can pull things off with Dragonite-EX plays to get your Bench filled up and more Energy from your deck (with Oricorio). Shaymin-EX also allows you to draw without Items and there is the Brock's Grit play as well. A Rattata could be run to get rid of Choice Band though, this way playing up to 10 Items is somewhat safe. It still matters quite often that Super Rod/VS Seeker cannot be used because of that threat.

As for the Torment Spray card, I don't see it being used outside of decks that include Gumshoos-GX or Sylveon-GX. The use with Gumshoos-GX is that you can have your opponent reveal their hand and then use the Torment Spray card right away to get rid of a useful Supporter they have. In Sylveon-GX decks, it obviously combos decently with Red Card and Delinquent. However your opponent can simply keep a VS Seeker in hand and your plans fall down. Not a great card, almost a waste of space.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
It would've been good if the ability was a given and not a flip coin, but only works once for that pokemon in play. That way atleast you would've known that it wouldn't be OHKO'd from EX,GX etc.

But my word some of these medium heavy basics (non legendary ones) getting huge HP bumps over the last 5 or so sets. I think it's good that these pokemon have 110-130HP.

Snorlax is the only outlier in TCG. Correct me if I'm wrong but it is the only big basic pokemon that isn't a legendary. Lapras is probably the only pokemon that comes close to those parameters. So it was kinda good to see that 140HP snorlax in fates collide, I would like to see it have 150HP but retaining same types of attacks it currently has.

WastedSkyPirate

Yes!

The boy is back - I've been waiting for a good Heracross card for ages. Hopefully the attack gives you the choice, not the opponent.

GigaGarchomp

Dragon Tamer
Ahh, I forgot what it's called but there's a card that counts a coin flip as heads.. That could come in handy with the Heracross and it would be interesting to see in play.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Heracross one of the strongest bug types In the game and is given an attack that does 50 damage. With that ability he should have another attack that does damage bases on hp remaining similar to reversal still not great but could take a prize or 2