Winners of January's TCG Cup Crowned! Deck Lists and Interview!

Trixss

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah that last round I had the lysandre and N both in hand but decided to gamble and hoped he woudlnt have the 4th dce in hand GG's was a good match

gracebond

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah that last round I had the lysandre and N both in hand but decided to gamble and hoped he woudlnt have the 4th dce in hand GG's was a good match

You're legit hero for taking M Scizor to 2nd place. I've never been a fan of the Garb build, but you've got a very interesting and streamlined build and that's super cool.

If you don't mind discussing it, how many times did you open Talonflame? Did you ever find the copies you didn't start with clunky throughout a game?

Trixss

Aspiring Trainer
You're legit hero for taking M Scizor to 2nd place. I've never been a fan of the Garb build, but you've got a very interesting and streamlined build and that's super cool.

If you don't mind discussing it, how many times did you open Talonflame? Did you ever find the copies you didn't start with clunky throughout a game?
I actually had all the matches recorded but my SSD Ended up dying on me but if I remember correctly I opened up Talonflame at least 14 Games if not more. I never liked the Hoopa in mega Scizor I felt like the correct way to play this is let both yourself and your opponent setup but you would win the battle after since you can deny more consistently than he can. The Talonflames never clunked my hands because I ran 3 instead of 4 so it would be easy for me to get rid of those talonflames I didn't start with.

My Little Keldeo

Submarine Reflection!
Advanced Member
I didn't have the opportunity to play against any of the creative deck winners this time. I'm especially curious about the Excadrill / Eeveelutions list! Congratulations to everyone, and of course thanks MTC and PMJ for another well run tournament!

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Any plans to post the Creative Deck winning lists?

There are too many of them to put them all in the news story, but I can post them in the comments here, at least for the creative deck winners that gave us permission to publish their deck lists.

Nobodyshero2727

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Dragonite-EX EVO 72
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Umbreon-EX FAC 55
* 1 Salamence-EX PR-XY XY170
* 4 Xerneas BKT 107
* 1 Carbink FAC 50
* 2 Volcanion-EX STS 26
* 1 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
* 1 Genesect-EX FAC 120
* 1 Hoopa-EX PR-XY XY71

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 3 Energy Switch FFI 89
* 2 N FAC 105
* 4 Sky Field ROS 89
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Exp. Share PRC 128

##Energy - 12

* 6 Fairy Energy GEN 83
* 4 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114
* 1 Fire Energy XYEnergy 4
* 1 Lightning Energy GEN 78

Coolpilot

##Pokémon - 15

* 2 Eevee AOR 63
* 1 Jolteon AOR 26
* 1 Vaporeon AOR 22
* 4 Drilbur PRC 89
* 4 Excadrill PRC 97
* 2 Cobalion STS 74
* 1 Magearna-EX STS 110

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Eco Arm AOR 71
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 2 Evosoda GEN 62
* 2 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 138
* 2 N DEX 96
* 2 Assault Vest BKT 133
* 1 Faded Town AOR 73
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 1 Weakness Policy PRC 142
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 2 Parallel City BKT 145
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 3 Professor Sycamore XY 122
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 11

* 3 Shield Energy PRC 143
* 4 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114
* 4 Metal Energy GEN 82

Standard208

##Pokémon - 10

* 1 Bunnelby PRC 121
* 2 Rattata EVO 66
* 2 Raticate EVO 67
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 3 Houndoom-EX BKT 153

##Trainer Cards - 42

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 3 Lysandre FLF 90
* 4 N DEX 96
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 1 Olympia GEN 66
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 3 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 3 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
* 4 Max Potion BKP 103
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 8

* 8 Fire Energy BLWEnergy 4

Kyoushiro44

##Pokémon - 11

* 4 Slowpoke BKP 19
* 3 Slowking BKP 21
* 4 Wailord-EX PRC 147

##Kouluttajakortit - 49

* 4 Rough Seas PRC 137
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 2 Dive Ball PRC 125
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 2 Pokémon Fan Club FLF 106
* 1 Shauna FAC 111
* 3 N FAC 105
* 2 Skyla BKP 122
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Olympia GEN 66
* 4 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 3 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 3 Professor Oak's Hint EVO 84
* 3 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Max Potion BKP 103
* 4 Team Rocket's Handiwork FAC 112

##Energia - 0

Last edited:

Coolpilot

Bisharps don't know 'bout my Togekiss
Advanced Member
@Coolpilot never fails to deliver something insane. Hilarious list bro, glad I didn't run into you. ;)
Unfortunately didn't work out too well, though. While Excadrill/Eeveelutions is great in theory (and fun!), what with always being able to power itself up & attack same-turn, my version didn't work out too well. I really needed some Max Elixir to get Excadrill manually powered up, so I could get more damage out of them, but in the end, it's low HP & fire-weakness (of course I face a bunch of Volcanions and ZERO FAIRIES) meant it was super easy to one-shot, so I could never get good consistent damage. Cobalion ended up being the only thing that got me any wins, cause Cobalion is awesome.

...Unfortunately, PTCGO still hates me, and my nearly year-long streak of absolutely improbable bad "luck" continues, as clearly laid bear so far this month. Hopefully SM will allow me to finally create some good (and occasionally wonky...) decks that actually work with PTCGO's stange mechanics instead of mulliganing & dead-drawing Every. Single. Game. (Seriously, these decks have run 1000x better in real life than on PTCGO). Maybe I'll taste that sweet 4-2 record for the first time since my poor Reshiratina deck lost its Super Scoop-Ups... q.q

Really love that Slowking/Wailord deck, though. Super cool! :D

Kyoushiro44

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Unfortunately didn't work out too well, though. While Excadrill/Eeveelutions is great in theory (and fun!), what with always being able to power itself up & attack same-turn, my version didn't work out too well. I really needed some Max Elixir to get Excadrill manually powered up, so I could get more damage out of them, but in the end, it's low HP & fire-weakness (of course I face a bunch of Volcanions and ZERO FAIRIES) meant it was super easy to one-shot, so I could never get good consistent damage. Cobalion ended up being the only thing that got me any wins, cause Cobalion is awesome.

...Unfortunately, PTCGO still hates me, and my nearly year-long streak of absolutely improbable bad "luck" continues, as clearly laid bear so far this month. Hopefully SM will allow me to finally create some good (and occasionally wonky...) decks that actually work with PTCGO's stange mechanics instead of mulliganing & dead-drawing Every. Single. Game. (Seriously, these decks have run 1000x better in real life than on PTCGO). Maybe I'll taste that sweet 4-2 record for the first time since my poor Reshiratina deck lost its Super Scoop-Ups... q.q

Really love that Slowking/Wailord deck, though. Super cool! :D
For some reason some of my opponents didn't seem to like it. Who would have known :/