News Lycanrock-GX Deck to be Included in January's 'CoroCoro!'

ZygardeChronicles

PMD5 when
THIS IS AWESOME. A Lycanroc-GX is what I want! It actually looks playable. A discards of an Energy for [F][C] looks like potential with Strong Energy in format. Also, that Rockruff looks so cute! I'd never thought I'd be in love with a Pokémon card.

WuBMaYNE

Aspiring Trainer
Yup. Especially when GX evolution cards can use tools. Strong Energy + Muscle Band allows it to hit for 70 and discard an energy. Not bad at all.

Plus he's also got a great weakness, not a lot of grass types in the meta.

There will definitely be grass type in the meta though once Lurantis GX comes out though. And he's pretty much immune to this card. Even if he discards the energy, Lurantis just needs one and can bring back two, lol.

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
what the hell. Rockruff has 60 hp and Lycanroc-GX 200 o_O

thats so stupid.

I'm surprised that you aren't thinking more about the guaranteed Energy removal it has with Crunch.

...But then again...if they're introducing a Pokemon with attacks like that, what does that say about the Pokemon we're going to get from this generation?

Anthony Orosco

Aspiring Trainer
How it is is it not playable? No offense, just curious why you came to this conclusion. This dude hit freaking hard with Regirock + Strong Energy. Not to mention it has 200 HP and only a Stage 1. I will probably mix Slowking with Lycanrock to wreck havoc.
The reason it isn't playable is because there are cards hitting for more then what this can hit for. And they can hit those high numbers more then once in a game. Mega Mewtwo, Mega Rayquaza, even Mega Scizor does a better job at disruption then this. It's pretty, don't get me wrong. But the only way GXs like this will be viable, is if they have a good support move. Adding 5 Energy from you deck to your Pokemon in any way you like is really good. But hitting for 200+ ONCE will not win you a game. Maybe Lycanroc GX can find its place as a nooby starter disruption deck. But it won't be making any head lines-mark my words. At first I was thinking the same thing. Hey, give this thing some Strong Energy, put a few Regis on the bench and you've got a Seismitoad like disruption going. But M Mewtwo already keeps high Energy attackers at bay. Personally, I think GX attackers will become prevalent when Megas rotate out. But that won't be for a while.

Bulbakool

Aspiring Trainer
The reason it isn't playable is because there are cards hitting for more then what this can hit for. And they can hit those high numbers more then once in a game. Mega Mewtwo, Mega Rayquaza, even Mega Scizor does a better job at disruption then this. It's pretty, don't get me wrong. But the only way GXs like this will be viable, is if they have a good support move. Adding 5 Energy from you deck to your Pokemon in any way you like is really good. But hitting for 200+ ONCE will not win you a game. Maybe Lycanroc GX can find its place as a nooby starter disruption deck. But it won't be making any head lines-mark my words. At first I was thinking the same thing. Hey, give this thing some Strong Energy, put a few Regis on the bench and you've got a Seismitoad like disruption going. But M Mewtwo already keeps high Energy attackers at bay. Personally, I think GX attackers will become prevalent when Megas rotate out. But that won't be for a while.
I think it's gonna be good. Cause you can hit for 180 with 2 strong energy and 2 regirock plus you get that added bonus of attacking with crunch and discarding an energy. I think this has potential. Maybe he won't be that great right now but next rotation he will be since it seems like they're edging out EXs

riChchestMat

Aspiring Trainer
Pondering if I get the in-laws to pick this up, or I order from CDJapan in December. I just hope they put it in a box. Japanese decks lack boxes and that's annoying.

Numelz Numelz

Ariadoney Clear Nail Polish
2 for 30? nah.
energy discard? cool but nah.
muscle band out of format? too bad.
strong energy + regis? kind of okay but nah.
require an evelution? not too big of a deal but doesn't help it
trash GX move- So many better options
reliant on special energy- Oh hayyl naw.
Lurantis GX introduced- Grass. Type. Is. Back. The. Same. Set. This. Comes. Out.
Midday form- Really, Midday form is kinda forgettable IMO, it just doesnt stand out to me
Lost Fighting Stadium, bye

Anthony Orosco

Aspiring Trainer
I think it's gonna be good. Cause you can hit for 180 with 2 strong energy and 2 regirock plus you get that added bonus of attacking with crunch and discarding an energy. I think this has potential. Maybe he won't be that great right now but next rotation he will be since it seems like they're edging out EXs
Just Enhanced Hammer the Energy off. Or better yet, just let Mega Scizor stop him in his tracks. I think this card is getting a little too much hype. The only useful part of this card is its first attack, which still isn't much.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
No basic Lycanroc, so that we can see it's Pokedex info or what number in the Pokedex is this belong? anyways...

Lycanroc-GX - Pretty decent tho. The attacks are good with Regirock, Strong Energy, and some sort, unfortunately, it is an evolved GX. Lyc can't access to FFB.

Just wait for Slowbros to rule the standard format 2016.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
No basic Lycanroc, so that we can see it's Pokedex info or what number in the Pokedex is this belong? anyways...

Lycanroc-GX - Pretty decent tho. The attacks are good with Regirock, Strong Energy, and some sort, unfortunately, it is an evolved GX. Lyc can't access to FFB.

Just wait for Slowbros to rule the standard format 2016.

Rockruff, however, does have a space for its number. It's blank, however. Probably deliberately so that we DON'T know its number yet. ;p I'm sure it will be on the actual card when it gets printed (that's the beauty of pre-release images. They don't have to reveal anything at the time.) I expect we'll know its number pretty soon anyway. The game's only a month out, we'll see gameplay that shows its number eventually.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
I quite like the art on Lycanroc-GX. A shame it wasn't the Midnight forme, though, if you ask me. :p

I quite like Crunch. That will definitely come in handy.

VeedraForce

Misty's Husbando
Buying quicker than a gale wings talonflame using brave bird. LOVE that gx. Fingers crossed for better packaging for ease of taking out the promo T-T

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
Personally I hate boxes- they do nothing but waste paper and are never good for displaying. I wish they stuck with tins or something else.

Interesting GX card. I can imagine us potentially seeing its counterpart eventually

DeDeNNe

Di-Denki Nitro Neon, or De2NNe. Very Lethal
The GX attack would have been better, if it only discarded 1 energy. Anyways, with strong energy and all, its pretty nice