Winning Deck Lists from Japan's Champion League 2019 Tournament!

I'm surprised that Naganadel would have any use. It seems the reocurring theme here is energy accelerating.

You're telling me that in Japan, Malamars charge onto an Onix. an Onix! not a Steelix, not anything else, an Onix!?

I mean, I get why. It beats Zoroark and anything else in their meta that's weak to fighting, on top of the fact that it's prize one and uses completely colorless energy, it's just kind of silly to see Malamar charge onto something so.....out there, you know? Good on Japan for finding that Malamar tech though.

EDIT: Also that's a pretty cool way to use the upcoming Naganadel to charge up other pokemon.

That Naganadel/Blacephalon deck is THE deck I want to play, like wow that looks so fun. Love how I totally knew someone was going to find a way to bust that new ‘Nadel.

I’m quite surprised that spell tag has completely replaced choice band! Fascinating

Very interesting! I think my favorite thing is the use of that Ditto Prism Star for two completely different Stage 1 techs.

Lost Thunder is going to be an amazing set for the TCG. ...Less so for collectors. =| (Though, I've already gone on about that before.)

Great, I was testing blacephalon/naga since the cards were revealed, this will help me a lot my list.

I think what people overlooked about Naganadel was how it could charge up any basic energy from the discard! Just imagine it being used with Quagsire to charge water energy on the board... And become the rogue Blacephelon-GX counter, too.

I’m quite surprised that spell tag has completely replaced choice band! Fascinating

Thats because the format shifts away from Pokémon GX toward either pure non-GX decks or a much more balanced mix of Pokémon GX and Pokémon non-GX.

This is rather similar to the trend we have seen in the XY-era when Vespiquen and Night March were common. This format is in essence similar. The more things change the more they stay the same.

What about teching in a Naganadel GX? You can beast raid and knock out a buzzwole with one energy. You could even Stinger GX and spam beast ring T2.

You're telling me that in Japan, Malamars charge onto an Onix. an Onix! not a Steelix, not anything else, an Onix!?

I mean, I get why. It beats Zoroark and anything else in their meta that's weak to fighting, on top of the fact that it's prize one and uses completely colorless energy, it's just kind of silly to see Malamar charge onto something so.....out there, you know? Good on Japan for finding that Malamar tech though.

EDIT: Also that's a pretty cool way to use the upcoming Naganadel to charge up other pokemon.
Isn't that Baby Naganadel a promo for the Dragon's Majesty Elite Trainer Box? I could be wrong. Because i got a Shining Ho-Oh when i bought the Shining Legends ETB last year. I believe the Baby Naga will be the promo for buying the DMA ETB. Or it could be the shiny Poipole. I'll know on Friday when i pick mine up.

Isn't that Baby Naganadel a promo for the Dragon's Majesty Elite Trainer Box? I could be wrong. Because i got a Shining Ho-Oh when i bought the Shining Legends ETB last year. I believe the Baby Naga will be the promo for buying the DMA ETB. Or it could be the shiny Poipole. I'll know on Friday when i pick mine up.
Nope, unfortunatley. The promo from the Dragon Majesty ETB was Naganadel-GX, not the baby form. If we did get the baby form in that ETB what would honestly be much better though.

Got a link for ya proof right here!

What card is between nest ball and guzma in the malamar decklist?

Spell Tag
Trainer - Pokémon Tool
If the [P] Pokemon this card is attached to is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent’s attack, put 4 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokemon in any way you like.

This card was released in Fairy Rising and will therefore most likely be part of Lost Thunder.

Kind of surprised that the Masters deck doesn't include a psychic baby lele in it because of all the spread cards included in it.

Back