Help Easiest Meta Deck for New Players?

Phantazard

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys trying to get a friend to move from theme to standard decks, problem is I feel a lot of the Zoroark decks may be too difficult for her at the moment and she's getting overwhelmed. Is there any kind of decks you would recommend in this format. Doesn't have to be top tier, priority is to be easy not to be too techy.

The beast box variants are fairly straightforward to play and do have some good matchups to some of the metadecks. The buzz/garb single prize attacker is also another choice and it is inexpensive.

VikaBulu is also straightforward and inexpensive. Bulu Promos shouldn't be more than $4 apiece and Vikavolt came out as a holo in SM and is also a Promo. Strategy-wise, she'll just need to determine when or not to pull the trigger on discarding Energy on Nature's Judgment and she'll be on her way to triggering a lot of players when she drops the T2 Vikavolt.

I think a linear deck is best. Baby Buzzwole/Buzzwole GX/Lycanrock is relatively straightfoward. Attach energy, attack. Repeat.
The only complicated things are: Wait for Beast Ring to be playable. Use the occasional GX attack, and use the occasional Lycanroc ability.

Thanks for the replies guys, i think the Buzzwole/lycanroc decks make the most sense for now, i'll try to create that deck thank you!

Any and every shrine deck. The strat is simple enough, and its pretty cheap (except shrine).
Strat:
1: Bench a buzz, attach an energy, bench diance, attach band = 80, 110 if the energy is a Beast Energy
2. Play a shrine of punishment, which helps that 80-110 become a 2 shot on most gx’s (unless its weak to F)
3. Macargo: this is a bit complicated, but the most part is that it helps with not bricking. In combo with any draw supporter/oranguru/acro bike, you can draw what you need, or even get a good topdeck. Need a draw support for next turn? Macargo. Need an energy? Macargo. Need a guzma to win? Macargo.
4. Weavile/Garb. These guys are the finishers, hitting for more than buzzwoles max 110. Garb destroys item heavy decks, while Weavile wrecks the ability heavy ones. Note: if you play garb, you usually don’t play macargo. Picking between the two is a matter of prefernce, and a meta call. More abilities=more weavile, more items=more garbodor

I quite like Vika/Bulu in standard because it is simple enough to play but the lack of Skyla and Brigette makes it more inconsistent but I find I get T2 Vikavolt 70% of the time with my list

I quite like Vika/Bulu in standard because it is simple enough to play but the lack of Skyla and Brigette makes it more inconsistent but I find I get T2 Vikavolt 70% of the time with my list
we have volkner and nest ball to make up for those missing cards

Back