News Tapu Lele-GX in 'Island Guardians-GX Premium Collection' This Fall!

Rusery

Ethical Vegan Pokemaster
Why do we care so much about her ability anyhow? Are you all so obsessed with having OP tools to rely on for strategy? Though perhaps the games inherent deck inconsistencies are to blame.. Hm. Food for thought.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
Why do we care so much about her ability anyhow? Are you all so obsessed with having OP tools to rely on for strategy? Though perhaps the games inherent deck inconsistencies are to blame.. Hm. Food for thought.
I run a Lele-less deck and regularly beat people who run Lele, so no, these "inherent deck inconsistencies" don't exist if you built your deck well. Lele is still nice to have though.

Edit: fixed wording

Last edited:

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
I run a Lele-less deck and regularly beat people with Lele, so no, these "inherent deck inconsistencies" don't exist if you built your deck well. Lele is still nice to have though.

Beating decks with Lele doesn't necessarily mean your deck's not inconsistent. (Or less consistent than it would be with Lele, which is basically guaranteed.)

I suspect Japan's format will remain SM-on even after our next rotation.

Alex Sableye

Beating decks with Lele doesn't necessarily mean your deck's not inconsistent. (Or less consistent than it would be with Lele, which is basically guaranteed.)

I suspect Japan's format will remain SM-on even after our next rotation.
It's Metagross, which means it basically has to run without Lele, but yeah, sometimes I brick pretty bad. Luckily high HP and Max Potion usually let me stall long enough to get it unbricked.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I might be in the minority here but I really couldn't have cared less on whether it was a BSP or an alternate art. And by the way Japan's rotations worked, it's not like we were going to share rotations anyways, and the eventual day that Lele rotates will be just like any other card. The old gets put in expanded where they can live on (a lot of the time to the detriment of the format and inflating prices so they make them a pain for collectors) and new strategies will be born out of it. It's good to keep things fresh anyways. (And besides I really want Lele's price to go down sooner than later, I want to get all of the prints of it but I'm not going to put down over 100 dollars on three cards that won't be worth close to that in a few years)

Sethy79

Aspiring Trainer
Lele can do more than just add consistency in early game. It can often close out games by pulling that needed guzma to knock out a damaged (or weak) bench sitter. Losing that definitely changes late game strategy as well as reducing the usefulness of one-of supporters. Sad to see Lele on the outs next year, but that's always the case isn't it?

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
OK fine, Lele's going out, but that just means we can be more excited for THIS in the future:)
Mew and Meloetta TAG TEAM GX - Psychic - HP230
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Setup Star
When you put this Pokemon from your hand onto your bench, you may draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.

[C][C] Star-Ball Drive 30x
This attack does 30 damage for each Energy card attached to both Active Pokemon. This attack's damage isn't affected by weakness or resistance.

[P] Miracle Heal GX
Heal all damage from this Pokemon. If this Pokemon has at least 1 extra [P] Energy attached to it, heal all damage from all of your Pokemon. Then put this Pokemon and all cards attached to it into your hand.

When your TAG TEAM Pokemon is knocked out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Not legit, probably a joke, but knowing how often TPCI reprint broken mechanics I thought this might just happen in the future! :)

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not surprised. Many of the collection boxes we have nowadays have Full Arts, and cards from blister packs as A Promos.
Case in Point; the Premium XY Trainer Box and Legends of Unova Collection Boxes. Those have A Promos of cards from the XY sets. Because they are well alternate prints of cards from previous sets. Lele GX's reprint has a different illustration. To me it was obvious that this card was going to be an Alternate art reprint/promo.

Alex Sableye

I'm not surprised. Many of the collection boxes we have nowadays have Full Arts, and cards from blister packs as A Promos.
Case in Point; the Premium XY Trainer Box and Legends of Unova Collection Boxes. Those have A Promos of cards from the XY sets. Because they are well alternate prints of cards from previous sets. Lele GX's reprint has a different illustration. To me it was obvious that this card was going to be an Alternate art reprint/promo.
Well good for you.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Whatever. Once Lele rotates, I'm sure there will be another "it" card waiting in the wings if not already on stage. In the mean time, I'll be having a play set of those alt-arts and enjoying it while it lasts!

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Oh great. All the promos are going to be bent just like the Buzzwole's in the last collections.