2019 Season Announced: Locations and Dates for Regionals, Internationals

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Note best finishers for cup and challenges are separate now. Also champ req not listed for worlds

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180810-125728_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180810-125728_Samsung Internet.jpg
    795.7 KB · Views: 55

birdboy2000

Bird Keeper
Philly's exactly three weeks after rotation... hope that (including travel time, and time for the ordered cards to arrive) I can get sufficient testing in, if I go. Definitely making Hartford, not sure if any others, it's a long way from Massachusetts...

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Assuming Explosive Impact won’t have anything silly, I’ll bring something spicy for Dallas...at least I hope it is, meta forgiving.

RyanTekBox

Aspiring Trainer
Is lost thunder legal by nov 25?
Don't quote me on it, but normally sets are released on the first Friday of the month and the set becomes legal two weeks (I think) after the release. So, with that in mind Lost Thunder should be legal on November 19th.

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
What!? No SLC Regionals this year? That's incredibly disappointing, seeing as how that's like the only regional within a reasonable distance for me...

Now I'm going to have to go Judge Denver/Portland/Vancouver or something, which won't be very fun with school being a thing...

Jeff Stratford

Aspiring Trainer
What!? No SLC Regionals this year? That's incredibly disappointing, seeing as how that's like the only regional within a reasonable distance for me...

Now I'm going to have to go Judge Denver/Portland/Vancouver or something, which won't be very fun with school being a thing...
As someone who lives in Utah I understand the pain

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
What!? No SLC Regionals this year? That's incredibly disappointing, seeing as how that's like the only regional within a reasonable distance for me.

Question: Sableye-Garb took Utah down. Like...what happened?

My guess is that TCPI said, “yeah, we aren’t comfortable with that sort of weirdness.” And took Utah off the books for 2018/2019

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
Yeah, finally an Internationals in Germany! But I expected more Regionals for Europe. I assume
a) they lower the points required for worlds
b) they'll announce more tournaments later

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
So this means lost thunder will be legal for dallas which means we can one shot whales in expanded with virizion. Jackpot !

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
So this means lost thunder will be legal for dallas which means we can one shot whales in expanded with virizion. Jackpot !

Actually, Anaheim gets the first crack with Expanded and Lost Thunder.

Fortunately, Dallas is a month later. Which is good because Dallas this year has a 2 month gap in between Expanded regionals and the meta for Dallas was one big charlie-foxtrot.
At least with Dallas being 1 month after Anaheim, the meta (theoretically) shouldn't flux THAT hard again.

I am also curious if Grass-type decks will make a resurgence and possibly put some decks away like Beached Whales and Seismitoad.

Alolan (Fairy) Ninetales GX and Ditto Prism Star are going to be a massive game changers depending on how much Item-lock/Ability-lock is prevalent in the meta.

Add onto the fact that we STILL have Explosive Impact yet to be spoiled, so we could be looking at more weirdness.

I feel a bit bad for the Anaheim players because they have to work with the games biggest set ever released and Expanded events are pretty sparce, so there's A LOT of figuring out they have to do and I do not envy them one bit.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
yeh right sceptile is also releasing in lost thunder right so that will be a prevalent deck most likely.