Major 'Pokemon Switch' Rumors Today -- A Breakdown and Analysis!

TheRealBro..

You do know that grass resists electric and you have access to Geodude and Onix before Surge's gym, right.

Obviously. I wasn't being that serious, but being 10 at the time it was still pretty overpowered for a 3rd gym battle. Anyway, that was what made the first games special in my opinion; you really had to think about how to progress instead of just steamrolling through the game. If you picked Charmander or Squirtle you really had a hard time.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Obviously. I wasn't being that serious, but being 10 at the time it was still pretty overpowered for a 3rd gym battle. Anyway, that was what made the first games special in my opinion; you really had to think about how to progress instead of just steamrolling through the game. If you picked Charmander or Squirtle you really had a hard time.
Yup, I played through Fire Red last year and had a blast using only my Venusaur in the Saffron City gym still winning easily before I went to Fuchsia City. The only game I had trouble with was B2 and that was mainly the Elite Four.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
X every time on Charizard, less damage from water and rock in exchange for more from ground is fair to me.

Mudkipfan12

Mudbray!
I really hope this doesn't mean that held items wont be a thing. I haven't seen any shots in any trailers with held items yet, and now you can seemingly mega evolve with no stone. hopefully I'm wrong about this, but they already drastically changed wild encounters to match pokemon go, so I could certainly see this as a possibility.

Cybno

Aspiring Trainer
Does this mean the next block of cards will be Mega GXs following the tradition of how X Y did it or-

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I saw the trailer. I love how non-Gen 1 moves are inthe game like Charge Beam on Raichu.That means this is better than the old one.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
JESSIE: We're Team Rocket! I'm Jessie!
JAMES: And I'm James!
MEOWTH: :)
ME: THEME SONG! THEME SONG! THEME SONG! THEME SONG!
---also---
"Mega Evolution a bit different!"
Ooh! Like what? They stay Mega-Evolved until they faint or something?
"You can choose whether to evolve Charizard into X or Y."
Oh. *DISAPPOINTED*

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Seems likely that I wont get Mega Pidgeot. I know it said during the main story but why force people into the starter megas? I want my Mega Pidgeot during the story.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
We don't know that for certain about eevee.
I thought they confirmed that your starter can't evolve? Only ones you caught from the wild. I wonder also whether you can evolve eevee into all the evolutions, or if it is limited to the kanto evolutions. All remakes have included all evolutions available at the time of release for each pokemon, but I've heard some others say otherwise. I mean, you can have alolan forms, so I dont see why not the evolutions from other gens

Also, I'm surprisingly excited that surge's mouth was moving as he spoke in the jp trailer, even if it wasnt a whole lot. Did anybody else notice that?

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
These games are looking like Pokemon Yellow merged with the Pokemon Origins Anime and a splash of Pokemon Go.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
I thought they confirmed that your starter can't evolve? Only ones you caught from the wild. I wonder also whether you can evolve eevee into all the evolutions, or if it is limited to the kanto evolutions. All remakes have included all evolutions available at the time of release for each pokemon, but I've heard some others say otherwise. I mean, you can have alolan forms, so I dont see why not the evolutions from other gens

Also, I'm surprisingly excited that surge's mouth was moving as he spoke in the jp trailer, even if it wasnt a whole lot. Did anybody else notice that?

They're keeping it to Kanto Pokemon only for this game. That includes Alolan formes since they're technically Kanto Pokemon, just different formes of them.

But yeah, they definitely confirmed you can't evolve your starter Pokemon (like in Pokemon Yellow). You'll be able to get other Pikachu and Eevee that you can evolve but one of the mechanics of this game is to have your partner Pokemon on your shoulder, not that you can't do that if you evolved them, but they want your partner to stay the same form the entire game since there are mechanics exclusive to them, such as finding hidden items.

As for Eevee's evolutions, you'll only be able to evolve into it's Gen 1 evolutions. While every remake has allowed you to evolve to Eevee's most recent evolutions, this isn't exactly a remake, and even Nintendo considers it more of a spin-off.

Last edited:

TheRealBro..

Yup, I played through Fire Red last year and had a blast using only my Venusaur in the Saffron City gym still winning easily before I went to Fuchsia City. The only game I had trouble with was B2 and that was mainly the Elite Four.

Yeah, Venusaur worked well in the original games, that is untill you reached the elite four. Wow, different experiences then. Only trouble I had with B2 was keeping myself interested enough to keep playing. What a bore.

I just realize. Will this game mean another Gen 1 like TCG set (like Evolutions) will be released somewhere in the near future? Probably not, but one can hope :D (this time with the original galaxy holo please!)

Last edited: