News 'Dark Order,' Japan's October Mini-Set!

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
I'm want to say I like Nanu, always liked the Ninja Boy style surprise switch but too bad it has to be in the discard for this one.

MiniMads

The misunderstood Hero of Disasters
Not a fan of Nanu, but I am a fan of Professor Elm! It makes a nice balance of whether of not you want the extra HP or you want to be Elm searchable. It helps but still isn't a Bridgette replacement for Zoroark because most of Zoroark's partners are non-evolving basic or 70HP+ evolving basics, which makes a nice balance. I love this card, and I have no doubt in my mind it's going to have a fantastic full art to accompany it.

Michael Stadler

Aspiring Trainer
Not a fan of Nanu, but I am a fan of Professor Elm! It makes a nice balance of whether of not you want the extra HP or you want to be Elm searchable. It helps but still isn't a Bridgette replacement for Zoroark because most of Zoroark's partners are non-evolving basic or 70HP+ evolving basics, which makes a nice balance. I love this card, and I have no doubt in my mind it's going to have a fantastic full art to accompany it.
Still works for zororock if if you play the 60 HP Rockruff

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
I could see Elm getting a lot of play in Stage 2 decks like Gradevoir-GX or Metagross-GX, or even some Stage 1 decks, but Nanu seems a little unlikely. I can't think of many decks where it would work. Possibly Guzzlord-GX or Hoopa from Shining Legends, but there seems to be a shallow pool of non-Zoroark-GX Dark decks these days.

King Quagsire

Ruler of Route 212, Scourge of the swamp
U dont need to choose a basic, so evolve pupitar into tyranitar from fco, then nanu it into an yveltal ex with a ton of energy on it

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
Nanu seems like you could run a one of copy in some decks just to get rid of unwanted pokemon like Lele (when its wasting bench space). Elm looks like a more versatile Brigette with limitations that won't hurt most decks (most basics are 60 or less, only things like baby buzz can't be selected with elm).

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
So, we do have Brigette back essentially? That's pretty neato, here I thought we were going to be stuck using Apricorn Maker to search out Nest Balls but I'm glad to see a card like Brigette again. The 60 HP limit shouldn't be a problem at all. For a deck like ZoroRoc, there's 70HP Rockruffs and 60HP Rockruffs. Why not just play both Rockruff to have the benefit of having 70 HP for specific match-ups and 60 HP to be searchable with Elm? That's my idea at the moment if decks have access to 60HP pokemon, but I don't recall too many pokemon with 70HP. This is no doubt going to be a very good card like Brigette.

If Nanu said any Dark-type Pokemon, then it would be fun to use but as it is I don't see much of a purpose, plain and simple.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Gimme the whole card, Japan, pls!!
  • Nanu - Too bad we didn't have a good basic D mon right now. Hopefully Hoopa or Absol in SM8b will be good to sync this card. This discards Lele after dedicating 1 bench space to it. 3 Geodudes
  • Prof. Elm's Lecture - not as broken as Brigette but it gives reason why some decks run 60HP evolving basics. 5 Geodudes

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
In expanded (with any deck) , you could also discard a teched in Hoopa and save it for whenever your opponent pulls out their GXs then Nanu your (assorted vulnerable GX) away and stall out your opponent.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Ah, Nanu’s finally here. And quite interesting, might I add.
On the other hand I’ve never heard of anyone named Elm, and the card replaces Brigette, except not for GXs. The way Brigette arguably should be.

Plaquesanta

೭੧(❛〜❛✿)੭೨
Ah, Nanu’s finally here. And quite interesting, might I add.
On the other hand I’ve never heard of anyone named Elm, and the card replaces Brigette, except not for GXs. The way Brigette arguably should be.

Elm was the Gen 2 professor

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Thanks Professor Elm for making evolution decks great again (sorry Pokemon Fan Club)

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
So many new supporters and so few staple supporters. We need some kind of discard draw post rotation.