• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Budget Post-Rotation Dragon Garchomp

Cutegummybear

Aspiring Trainer
While the Fighting-Type Garchomp in Forbidden Light received a lot of hype, the Dragon-Type Garchomp from Ultra Prism seems to have a lot of support lately. Here's the decklist that I think could work when Celestial Storm arrives and rotation happens:

Pokemon (18)
4x Gible (Ultra Prism Ascension)
2x Gabite (Ultra Prism Ascenscion)
4x Garchomp (Ultra Prism)
2x Riolu (Ultra Prism #66)
2x Lucario (Ultra Prism)
1x Marshadow (Shining Legends)
1x Latios Prism Star (Celestial Storm)
1x Latias Prism Star (Celestial Storm)

Trainers (31)
2x Devoured Field
3x Choice Band
1x Escape Board
3x Ultra Ball
3x Nest Ball
4x Mysterious Treasure
4x Cynthia
3x Lillie
1x Rescue Stretcher
4x Rare Candy
2x Pal Pad
2x Counter Catcher

Energy (11)
7x Fighting Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

Last edited:

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I think that Oranguru (SUM) would be a better option for the 1-use Marshadow. I’d also cut 3 in any combination of Lillie and Nest Ball and put in 2 Rescue Stretcher (I played this deck once, you’re gonna need it) and a Lusamine.
For another option, you can cut Rare Candy altogether because of the Ascensions. In that case, I’d cut 4 Rare Candy for 2 Gabite, 1 Fighting Energy, and either a Nest Ball or Lillie (If you decided to take one out upon my previous advice.)

That’s what I think. See ya!

Cutegummybear

Aspiring Trainer
I think that Oranguru (SUM) would be a better option for the 1-use Marshadow. I’d also cut 3 in any combination of Lillie and Nest Ball and put in 2 Rescue Stretcher (I played this deck once, you’re gonna need it) and a Lusamine.
For another option, you can cut Rare Candy altogether because of the Ascensions. In that case, I’d cut 4 Rare Candy for 2 Gabite, 1 Fighting Energy, and either a Nest Ball or Lillie (If you decided to take one out upon my previous advice.)

That’s what I think. See ya!
Thanks for the advice; while I do agree with the decision to cut a Lillie and a Nest Ball for Rescue Stretcher, I feel as though the other parts of the deck are crucial for the strategy. The Rare Candy ensures that the deck runs faster, while Marshadow is included as hand disruptiom after rotation. Also, I want most of the deck to be able to rely on escape board to cover retreat costs, but Oranguru's retreat cost is too high for this. Thanks for the useful advice!

Christopher Shehan

Aspiring Trainer
I have been thinking about running the fighting Gible and pairing it with booklet hill to help get started. I like the rare candy idea since there are more search options with the treasure. Energy Loto is pretty useful as well. Helps to get that Royal Blades T2.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Latias could be pretty good as well get a few energy in the discard in the early game accelerate all the fighting energy you need for the rest of the game. The number one issue I've seen with garchomp is you miss an attachment or get an energy milled you just lose

aPOLLo

Deck Build Help
Latias could be pretty good as well get a few energy in the discard in the early game accelerate all the fighting energy you need for the rest of the game. The number one issue I've seen with garchomp is you miss an attachment or get an energy milled you just lose
Latias isnt really a fit for this deck as acceleration isnt rlly needed.

While the Fighting-Type Garchomp in Forbidden Light received a lot of hype, the Dragon-Type Garchomp from Ultra Prism seems to have a lot of support lately. Here's the decklist that I think could work when Celestial Storm arrives and rotation happens:

Pokemon (17)
4x Gible (Ultra Prism Ascension)
2x Gabite (Ultra Prism Ascenscion)
4x Garchomp (Ultra Prism)
2x Riolu (Ultra Prism #66)
2x Lucario (Ultra Prism)
1x Marshadow (Shining Legends)
1x Latios Prism Star (Celestial Storm)

Trainers
2x Devoured Field
3x Choice Band
2x Escape Board
4x Ultra Ball
3x Nest Ball
3x Mysterious Treasure
4x Cynthia
4x Lillie
1x Rescue Stretcher
4x Rare Candy
2x Pal Pad
2x Counter Catcher

Energy (11)
6x Fighting Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy
1x Counter Energy
You should put in Lance Prism Star he is great because you can automatically search out two garchomps and put them on your bench if you get KOed

Last edited by a moderator:

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Latias isnt really a fit for this deck as acceleration isnt rlly needed.
Isnt necessary? garchomp attacks with 2 attachments every deck that doesnt attack for one attachment needs acceleration otherwise it's a garbage deck that's fact

aPOLLo

Deck Build Help
Isnt necessary? garchomp attacks with 2 attachments every deck that doesnt attack for one attachment needs acceleration otherwise it's a garbage deck that's fact
The deck is already played without a Latias but i guess u can play it if you want

Cutegummybear

Aspiring Trainer
Edits:
+1 Latias Prism Star, -1 Lillie
-1 Counter Energy, +1 Fighting Energy
-1 Ultra Ball, +1 Mysterious Treasure
-1 Escape Board, +1 Lance Prism Star

I really like the idea of having Latias Prism Star in the deck, but I still want to maintain the first turn Lillie/Nest Ball plan as much as possible. Because of Latias' ability to return Energy, I figured that one Escape Board wasn't as necessary (everything has a one-Energy retreat cost). I added more Fighting Energy and Mysterious Treasure so that even though there is a lack of Sightseer in the deck, I can discard Energy with my Mysterious Treasure and Fighting Energy to ensure Latias is useful. Lance Prism Star also sounded like a great idea...

aPOLLo

Deck Build Help
Edits:
+1 Latias Prism Star, -1 Lillie
-1 Counter Energy, +1 Fighting Energy
-1 Ultra Ball, +1 Mysterious Treasure
-1 Escape Board, +1 Lance Prism Star

I really like the idea of having Latias Prism Star in the deck, but I still want to maintain the first turn Lillie/Nest Ball plan as much as possible. Because of Latias' ability to return Energy, I figured that one Escape Board wasn't as necessary (everything has a one-Energy retreat cost). I added more Fighting Energy and Mysterious Treasure so that even though there is a lack of Sightseer in the deck, I can discard Energy with my Mysterious Treasure and Fighting Energy to ensure Latias is useful. Lance Prism Star also sounded like a great idea...
Ok yeah cool, nice changes