SM7 'Celestial Storm' Revealed!

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Interesting clarifying detail on Stormy Winds.

As recited, the basic energy does not have to be one of the three cards discarded. That's important. You can get the energy into the discard with an UltraBall for example, then play RayQ. Energy acceleration is always a big deal, especially when RayQ's main attack benefits from it, and when Max Elixir is rotating out.

drewtorrespr

Aspiring Trainer
New guy here to the whole PTCG.....if i were to play Rayquaza on to the bench, I don't have to use the ability right? It is a choice, is what I'm trying to ask.

Blaziken's Explosive kick would be an insane attack with just 2 special fire energy's attached. This could be a go to future card for competitive decks to give continuous OHKO or give some high damage with choice band attached.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
New guy here to the whole PTCG.....if i were to play Rayquaza on to the bench, I don't have to use the ability right? It is a choice, is what I'm trying to ask.

Blaziken's Explosive kick would be an insane attack with just 2 special fire energy's attached. This could be a go to future card for competitive decks to give continuous OHKO or give some high damage with choice band attached.
No, you dont have to. It says," if you do," meaning you have a choice

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Rayquaza/Zeraora IMO is the best pairing. Two basics, free retreat, and instant electric energy acceleration with Zeraora's GX attack to 150 damage, ignoring attach for turns, Rayquaza's own ability, and things like Latias Prism Star. You add attach for turn and a choice band and you're hitting 210 damage in one turn, 240 if you land Rayquaza's ability as well.

This deck can shine if Fairy doesn't take off, but having playtested Gardevior/Sylveon for post rotation, I'm betting my money on Fairy staying around for a little while.

The deck might also benefit from a Pokemon with Gallade's Premonition in it to mitigate the blind milling.

Is there a Pokemon with Premonition that will be surviving the rotation?

Last edited:

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Rayquaza/Zeraora IMO is the best pairing. Two basics, free retreat, and instant electric energy acceleration with Zeraora's GX attack to 150 damage, ignoring attach for turns, Rayquaza's own ability, and things like Latias Prism Star. You add attach for turn and a choice band and you're hitting 210 damage in one turn, 240 if you land Rayquaza's ability as well.

This deck can shine if Fairy doesn't take off, but having playtested Gardevior/Sylveon for post rotation, I'm betting my money on Fairy staying around for a little while.

The deck might also benefit from a Pokemon with Gallade's Premonition in it to mitigate the blind milling.

Is there a Pokemon with Premonition that will be surviving the rotation?
To my knowledge, Gallade is the only one that has it as an Ability

Kyle Asplund

Life is like a boomerang, it all just comes back.
I wish I can buy the set, but I'm at my grandparent's house, in which they said that the Pokemon TCG is stupid paper things, & not worth to meet the needs of survival... this isn't just salt, this is garlic salt in Dracula's eyes.

drewtorrespr

Aspiring Trainer
I wish I can buy the set, but I'm at my grandparent's house, in which they said that the Pokemon TCG is stupid paper things, & not worth to meet the needs of survival... this isn't just salt, this is garlic salt in Dracula's eyes.

Why do I get the feeling that your g-parents are the types that stomp out fun things they don't understand, because they have survivalist/conspiracy twist to 'em. I'm jokin, but please tell me that they don't fall into this camp

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Loving the art on Rayquaza. It looks so peaceful, yet kind of epic in a way.
...or is that just me?
With the exception of Vikavolt, Ray seems kind of lacking.

Blaziken looks like it has vampire fangs. It’s pretty good, probably will see some rogue play.

Allatsea27

Aspiring Trainer
if one rayquaza gets knocked out you lose 90 damage on the next attack. just wondering if this deck will run something like Exp share or the new Lanturn or even wishful baton.

aPOLLo

Deck Build Help
if one rayquaza gets knocked out you lose 90 damage on the next attack. just wondering if this deck will run something like Exp share or the new Lanturn or even wishful baton.

With all the acceleration you have and the tools you have to get energy back from the discard you don't really need wishful baton and an extra 30 damage from a choice band instead could be the difference between a KO and your opponent just being able to heal the pokemon you damaged.

There is a great supporter you can use to compensate for the 90 damage you lose by using Zinnia.

Zinnia (can only use if your pokemon got KOed last turn)
You may attach 2 energies from your hand to one of your dragon pokemon? (im pretty sure)

This means that Ray GX can run Zinnia to get all the energy back.

This was in my decklist on deck garage. I felt that you get more uses out of choice band than out of wishful baton too.

Wechselbalg

brb
Idk why so many people are trying to pair Ray with Vikavolt when Ray can accelerate its own energy, it has Latias Prism and Max Elixir and it will have Shuckle and Zeraora.

Anyway, the deck is certainly Worlds material but ironically it will get pretty bad shortly after the championship and will have to wait for Thunderclap Spark to be good again.

aPOLLo

Deck Build Help
Idk why so many people are trying to pair Ray with Vikavolt when Ray can accelerate its own energy, it has Latias Prism and Max Elixir and it will have Shuckle and Zeraora.

Anyway, the deck is certainly Worlds material but ironically it will get pretty bad shortly after the championship and will have to wait for Thunderclap Spark to be good again.

That's exactly what I've been saying, accelerating is meant to be FAST. Setting Vikavolt up will be slow and with Latitas Prism Star and Shuckle we can already accelerate.

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
Like We've known. when we saw the first images and translations of Rayquaza GX. its gonna be the Most Used card in the set in competitive decks at least for all I've known.

aPOLLo

Deck Build Help
Like We've known. when we saw the first images and translations of Rayquaza GX. its gonna be the Most Used card in the set in competitive decks at least for all I've known.
Easily, and there are many great tech cards to build a deck around it. There will be many different variations that can all be very successful.

Allatsea27

Aspiring Trainer
With all the acceleration you have and the tools you have to get energy back from the discard you don't really need wishful baton and an extra 30 damage from a choice band instead could be the difference between a KO and your opponent just being able to heal the pokemon you damaged.

There is a great supporter you can use to compensate for the 90 damage you lose by using Zinnia.

Zinnia (can only use if your pokemon got KOed last turn)
You may attach 2 energies from your hand to one of your dragon pokemon? (im pretty sure)

This means that Ray GX can run Zinnia to get all the energy back.

This was in my decklist on deck garage. I felt that you get more uses out of choice band than out of wishful baton too.
You are right didn't think of zinnia. Also realized that we have latias Prism Star as well. That's a solid option to retrieve the lost energy. Now this makes rayquaza dangerous

aPOLLo

Deck Build Help
You are right didn't think of zinnia. Also realized that we have latias Prism Star as well. That's a solid option to retrieve the lost energy. Now this makes rayquaza dangerous
Yeah Zinnia is really well known but its great if you run around one in your decks. And just pal pad her back if you really need her again

Latias Prism Star is a must