SM7 'Celestial Storm' Revealed!

shiningdialga

Time dino goes rawr
Alolan Raticate GX is just a huge disappointment. It's GX attack could be potentially insane, especially after the rotation of N reducing the amount of easy hand disruption, but everything else about it is mediocre at best. It's first attack is maxed out at 80 damage, only 20 more than it's regular cousin, and any attack that says "flip or does nothing" is automatically awful. Such a waste of a potentially hilarious and fun playstyle.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
So if Celestial Storm is only having 11 GX cards, does that mean we're losing Salamence? It was mentioned to be in Dragon Storm...

Salamence GX was confirmed a while back to be in Dragon majesty, instead of Celestial Storm, so we're already losing two Bagon cards and one Shelgon card as a result of that (from the two sets combined, had Salamence GX not been removed, there would've been three Bagon cards and two Shelgon cards).

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
Raticate is interesting with 0 energy attack...too bad for fighting weakness though.

Paul Weiskopf

Gwentigone
Salamence GX was confirmed a while back to be in Dragon majesty, instead of Celestial Storm, so we're already losing two Bagon cards and one Shelgon card as a result of that (from the two sets combined, had Salamence GX not been removed, there would've been three Bagon cards and two Shelgon cards).

Dangit, I wanted to go for a magic 4 Bagon pack like a 4 Chespin pack!!!!!!! Booooooo!!

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
GX attack to get 4 missing clovers...
Grab two puzzles, Acerolla two more puzzles, Trade (Zoroark gx) play all four puzzles, grab four missing clovers, another prize
It explicitly says on the card that it only works once per game.
1150635.jpg

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
It explicitly says on the card that it only works once per game.
1150635.jpg
What it means is that you only get to take one prize card, not four.

Q. If you somehow get 4 Missing Clover back into your hand, can you play them all again a second time to take another prize card?
A. Yes, you can. (Ultra Prism FAQ; Feb 1, 2018 TPCi Rules Team)

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Getsis will destroy Alolan Raticate In expanded
Except Ghetsis shuffles back the item cards. Not discards them. Alolan Raticate may have some play in a Rotom themed deck. A rogue standard deck my friend thought up. Probably wont work in expanded. But Alolan Raticate still looks good.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
With Dragon Majesty up and coming, i believe that the Latios and Latias Prism Stars will see some play. However stage 1 dragon decks may come back due to Latios Prism Star. 50 dmg for each of your evolved N type pokemon in play. Dragons will have a place in tier lists again. But that's probably just me.

du_megaman

Aspiring Trainer
are these latios/latias cards really going to make a big enough impact to accelerate the dragon type garchomp decks?

George

Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
Well, at least no one can use Unit Energies to pump Rayquaza's attack...