Zekrom-GX Promo Revealed!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
you will rarely land 2 heads, even with fliptini. odds are just not in your favor. assumming you reroll everything that isn't double heads you have 43% chance of landing a heads, meaning you have less than 50% chance to OHKO all the primary threats currently (U-Necro and buzz), while they have a much easier time KO-ing you.

and to KO 210 hp poke you have less than 50% chance AND need a choice band. all for the modest price of 4 energy, because you can't even use DCE.

at that point i'd say it's simply better to play Ho-Oh, 180 guaranteed, 210 with CB, and has fighting resistance.

With fliptini you only get double heads 38% of the time (and that requires you to reflip all results that aren't double heads) that's not good

And 170 with band FOR 4 ENERGY is bad
Whatever you think, I still like it.

NeedleKingSR

Night March is overrated
I think it'll see play specifically for the first attack, and teched into decks that don't run [L]. 70 for [C] is pretty damn good, especially on a basic.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know if it is worse than Reshiram GX :confused:
it Is worst, gx attack, same attack with psystrike but much more energy intensive. Although you can use electrode gx to power it up, but why would you though. its first attack would be nice if it dint include ignoring any resistance or weakness.
@Lordgoomy: I wasnt going to comment on that attack, but thats not ideal attack, 2 coin flips, both have a chance of failing dealing 80 damage at 25%, most of the time you will be doing 140 at the most, 200 is would be rare. 75% you will get a heads or tails most of the time 1h 1t. fliptini might improve the odds, but coin flips are pretty incosistent. If you play ptgc Online, its even less consistent since they made it so that certain players will get better odds than the opponnent. (new players, losing players have an artificially enhanced favorable coin flips). also 4 energy for doing 80-200, is not a very good attack. pokemon seems to be obsessive with capping damage to 200, just not enough to kill certain gxs.

@gumball51321: first attack isnt any better than other gxs that can do 70 damage with 1 energy, isnt that good. It ignores weakness or resistance. It would be nice if dint ignore weakness though.

Last edited:

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
With fliptini you only get double heads 38% of the time (and that requires you to reflip all results that aren't double heads) that's not good

And 170 with band FOR 4 ENERGY is bad
i'm curious how you got 38%? i got a different number and wanted to know if it's your math or mine that's wrong.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
i'm curious how you got 38%? i got a different number and wanted to know if it's your math or mine that's wrong.
Two heads is a 25% of success, so you have a 75% chance of failing and thus rerolling. out of that 75% you take another 25% of getting two heads which would be 18.75% for a total of 43.75% (thus proving that the 38% was a typo)

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
ah
Two heads is a 25% of success, so you have a 75% chance of failing and thus rerolling. out of that 75% you take another 25% of getting two heads which would be 18.75% for a total of 43.75% (thus proving that the 38% was a typo)
ah ok, it's what i got, wanted to make sure i hadn't fudged up somewhere, thanks.

CYL

All hail Eevee!
More Eevee that are difficult to get in Canada. Exactly what I need.

So I'm guessing that means Sudowoodo, Eevee, Lugia and Pikachu (duh) will be in the 21st movie? Sorry if this is old news at this point, I haven't been keeping track.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
The artwork on regular Zekrom Gx is beautiful. It's still a shame that all they do for secret rare in the Gx era are so generic and duplicated for a every set. It really would of been nice to switch it up a bit after ultra sun/moon cards came into play.

Kawaki

Aspiring Trainer
Ooh, this Eevee is gorgeous. I hope it makes its way to the US as a promo (all holo-ee). No offense to SM Base Set Eevee, but I REALLY like this artwork a whole lot more. <3

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Zeraora - Average. 3 Geodudes
That's what I am talking about. The RA Zekrom was elegant. I play RAs in my deck not FAs

dmode15

Aspiring Trainer
Reprinted with new artwork...Does this mean a new number = will be longer until rotation