SM7 'Celestial Storm' Revealed!

Charizard=Life

Aspiring Trainer
Card Theory: Why are there more Guardians in Celestial Storm than in GUARDIANS Rising? [Insert exposed brains and photoshopped surprised faces in the thumbnail]
It's because it's Guardians RISING. The Guardians are still RISING and therefore not all the Guardians have risen yet.

ShinyZard

Aspiring Trainer
Great to finally see all the non-GX Tapus being released. I know it's only 4 Tapus, but it would be great to see some support cards like trainers and energy cards for the Tapus like we got for Ultra Beasts.

Sunicdefender

Aspiring Trainer
Great to finally see all the non-GX Tapus being released. I know it's only 4 Tapus, but it would be great to see some support cards like trainers and energy cards for the Tapus like we got for Ultra Beasts.

do mean like how there is ancient crystal for the regis or do you mean like Bonnie works with zygard

aka "a card for all tapus

or "a card for one tapu"

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Sometimes you are not getting damaged every turn. This strat is uninspiring.
For one, there are plenty of ways to self-damage in Pokémon, besides, any Water type can be healed to activate the damage boost, and second, I’m not sure how not taking damage is ever a negative, even if it lowers your damage output for one turn, if you have no way of self-damage. If the only defense my opponent has (and yes, I know that there are many other defenses obviously) is to not damage me, it doesn’t matter how much damage I can do, because I’m not taking any.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
I mean, I guess you could play baby Bulu in VikaBulu to deal with Hoopa and Ninetails, but I think FAC Mew is by far a better play.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
you probably need rainbow energy for it to be useful, rainbow energy
Well right, the opponent is most likely not going to do damage every turn, which could become an issue once you run out of rainbow, but there's other way so self inflict damage...I think?

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Well right, the opponent is most likely not going to do damage every turn, which could become an issue once you run out of rainbow, but there's other way so self inflict damage...I think?
ANY Water type can be healed, so any self damaging attack on a water type will do.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
ANY Water type can be healed, so any self damaging attack on a water type will do.
Yeah, but consistency would then be at risk, considering tapu fini can't self inflict, so then it would mean you could only attack with fini every other turn, as well as keep switching actives. But yes, of course any water type could be healed, especially with cards like lana, manaphy from shining legends, potion variants, etc, so the receiving damage from either your opponent or self inflicted becomes the issue.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Yeah, but consistency would then be at risk, considering tapu fini can't self inflict, so then it would mean you could only attack with fini every other turn, as well as keep switching actives. But yes, of course any water type could be healed, especially with cards like lana, manaphy from shining legends, potion variants, etc, so the receiving damage from either your opponent or self inflicted becomes the issue.
Yeah, I thought of Manaphy, and if you can deal say, 100 self damage to a water type, then switch it to the bench, you can Manaphy heal for 5 turns straight before having to do it again.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I thought of Manaphy, and if you can deal say, 100 self damage to a water type, then switch it to the bench, you can Manaphy heal for 5 turns straight before having to do it again.
That's true... I didn't think of that!! Are there any pokemon that could effectively do that?