Zeraora-GX from SM7a Revealed!

Wechselbalg

brb
Yay, lightning Buzzwole with basically free retreat minus Diancie. This was obviously meant to be playable, either as a one-of tech for stuff like Bulu/Ray-GX or as a quad.

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
hell i could even see this in ho-oh GX decks, that gx is bonkers and so is the ability. and it goes so well with volkner. ultra ball+ lightning energy means instant free retreat

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
This is the kind of support that Loghtning decks need.

Build in Float Stone for everyone PLUS massive Energy acceleration, a decent attack, and the magical 190 HP to boot.

It's ability is something that will be on everyones radar post-rotation as we lose Float Stone and it's either this or Silvally GX that can provide some free retreat shenanigans outside of Psychic builds.

That said, it'll be good for Rayquaza decks post-rotation. However, I think they are too slow

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Should help out the new Rayquaza gx coming out and you don't have to sacrifice it unlike Electrode gx to get those energies and you can attach to however you want.

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Instantly going in Rayquaza GX. Makes Raichu GX very good as well.

Basically laughs at Electrode GX in every way (sorry).

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
The ability and the GX attack alone make this deck a nice addition to Rayquaza decks post rotation but this card can easily be a deck on its own if we get some Basic attack-based energy acceleration or trainer-based energy acceleration to go along with it.

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like a lot of people are forgetting about Manectric from the same set as Rayquaza? If you are going second you can put down all the Manectrics you can during set up, play lady, attach, attack for 40 and attach 2 more to the bench. When it gets knocked out, you can Zinnia for another 2 onto a Ray, and attach from hand. Thats 6 energy by T2, choice band and thats 210 if you go on the offensive with Ray from then. Thats still not including Storm and Stress, meaning possible of up to 10 energy(if you benched 4 Rays), granted youve also just discarded 12 cards to do that.

Serenade808

Aspiring Trainer
Now the question is, how do we put the energy into the discard pile to use that awesome GX attack!
All this time i thought Vikavolt would be the way to go with Rayquaza GX. Guess i was wrong, as that japanese deck list played the furious fists Milotic instead for energy acceleration.
guesing those ultra balls will be much needed now

TheRealBro..

I was just thinking. With SM7 coming out this august, that would mean that SM12 (usually the last TCG set) would come out 15 months after that, being november 2019.

It only makes sense then that Gen 8 (the real new core game for Switch) arrives late 2019 instead of 2018 because of this.. Right?

Anyway, Zeraora box looks cool! Hoping for some good artwork.

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Is this set part of Celestial Storm?
No this will be a special set first friday of October I believe or September can't remember. It be like generations was and shining legends sets where. Miss with the other set from earlier this spring we not got yet. But I could be wrong

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
No this will be a special set first friday of October I believe or September can't remember. It be like generations was and shining legends sets where. Miss with the other set from earlier this spring we not got yet. But I could be wrong

SM7a had been rumored to be combined with SM8 while SM7b will be its own mini set. SM7b will focus on Fairy and Psychic Pokémon in addition to Grass Pokémon.

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Thinking cuz zeroroa is in new movie coming out which we will get in October that they put it in octobers mindset. But it does make a little sence in which you saying

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
SM7a had been rumored to be combined with SM8 while SM7b will be its own mini set. SM7b will focus on Fairy and Psychic Pokémon in addition to Grass Pokémon.

Actually... The dragon set SM6a will be a miniset! What will happen to Fairy Rise is unknown (if I'm correctly informed)