Finished Mafia LI: Senate Subterfuge~Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOTAL_EPICNESS

it wouldnt let me put morse code
For why I still divulged my prize for the certamen...I’m not sure honestly I forgot my reasoning for it but I vaguely remember thinking “I don’t want to be nightkilled cause they think I have a powerful ability I’ll so I’ll tell them what it is so I don’t get nightkilled”

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Lele and Jabber have both quoted me saying “sub in the last game is always scum” and have tried to use that against me because I did it after Luis voted for Lele
I don't remember quoting that or "using it against you". That's not the scummy part of what you've been doing.
I’ve given some scumreads earlier but what do you want me to say that hasn’t been said? If I say nothing I’ll get called out for inactivity/posting nothing useful and if I do I can’t say anything that hasn’t been said thus making it look like I’m echoing I’ll try to contribute better opinions in the future but for now nothing is really going on or I’m just missing it
Your scumreads being me and bb based on a gut feeling, Lele because he called you chaotic, and literally every inactive player in the game because they're easy targets? Nah, you gotta do better than that. State your opinion even if it's already been stated by somebody else.
You’re also ignoring what I said when I gave reasoning as to why Jplap likely doesn’t have a death ability
I have no idea what you're talking about here.

TOTAL_EPICNESS

You say give my opinion even if it’s been said and that’s what got me attacked in the first place
I said you and BB because of a gut feeling and because you were really running the game
I said that Jplap probably didn’t have a death ability or is part of a third party faction because he said he has a strong town ability making him a target but I said I doubt he did that due to his lack of experience

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
You say give my opinion even if it’s been said and that’s what got me attacked in the first place
According to this post you didn't have any reasoning for those votes; it was just good old-fashioned RVS.
I said you and BB because of a gut feeling and because you were really running the game
Define "running the game". What I'm doing is scumhunting.
I said that Jplap probably didn’t have a death ability or is part of a third party faction because he said he has a strong town ability making him a target but I said I doubt he did that due to his lack of experience
Yeah I still don't follow the logic here.

TOTAL_EPICNESS

I didn’t have any reason for my original vote on Lele it was a joke my second vote is the one that’s on now
When I say running the game I mean you’ve been 2 of the more active players and are generally shaping a lot of cases on people
Jplap is new so I don’t think he would have thought of killing himself to activate his death ability

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
@Jabberwock purely speculation, if scum are all active we would have probably have a close to lynch target, since they can indirectly coordinate votes

Based on my experienc3 the probability of scum being all active or all inactive are too low

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
OH! You mean the bolded, don't you Jabber? Okay, now I understand exactly where Cel was coming from when he responded to scattered earlier - and I agree with him completely. Why did Gekki have to be the one who warned Lele (if that even happened), as oppose to anyone else? I do see much more substance in the case now, realising Lele's "I'm keen about this role information, but let's not speculate about that too much" backpedal tone.

Yeah, this theory just doesn't stand up well for me. For another point, Gekki used the word "claiming" directly after (and as a response to) Lele saying "We still don't know how dangerous claiming is", so it makes more sense to me than Gekki saying something like rolefishing.

Low on time, so I have to be quick.

Justify this, @bbninjas. Looks like a bastardisation of posts to prove a point, to me, which is a mafia tactic.
Indeed. What did you mean? :x
I thought that you were both referring to how Lele stopped role-fishing after a ton of people told him that role-fishing was a bad idea. What I didn't realise and wasn't aware of, was when Lele rolefished and then was like "yeah, that wasn't too important". <---- This backpedal is the only evidence I really see on Lele.

A lot of his reasons for pursuing Lele have also been my reasons, which have been reasons that you've disagreed with. :p I'm always distantly worried when one veteran starts agreeing with me and nobody else does because it's turned out to be pocketing more than once before, but I don't have a problem with any of scattered's reasoning so far. What in particular strikes you as a wrong reason to go after Lele?
It mainly stems from this post:

Is it though? Let's say Lele is indeed scum and then started his usual role fishing playstyle from last game. Before someone starts to put FoS on that LeLe is trying to step away from the role fishing. Would it be that unrealistic that their scumbuddy told them that they should try and stop rolefishing before they get suspicious? Also, I am going to repeat myself here but consider this later quote:

Sounds familiar? Even if it's not bbninjas, I don't see Tapu Lele coming with this kind of defense.
scattered seems to suspect Lele backpedaled because a scumbuddy told them that rolefishing was a poor idea. It's just very WIFOMy, I don't think that's a great reason to vote for Lele. I'm pretty sure there was something else before this, but I'd have to look back. I also don't think you were pushing this specific line, Jabber, which is why I think scattered has been voting for the wrong reasons, and why you haven't necessarily been.

I don't quite understand the T_E case. Celever calling BS and saying "you're just making up a reason as to why the mafians won't kill you" is no more WIFOMy than the reasoning scattered gave above, and so I don't find it a very substantial lead. I would much prefer Lele being lynched over T_E.

Jplap and Gekki also haven't done anything particularly strange from memory, in fact Gekki seems to be calmer, and so I don't see a lynch in any of them either. I do want to remove my vote from Jplap, but I don't really have a great vote on anyone. It's between Lele, scattered and any random inactive for me. Before I realised that I had misinterpreted a bit of evidence, I did not think the Lele lead was good at all - and I still haven't been able to re-collaborate my read since then. scattered I've mentioned, but I'm not 100% that there's enough solid evidence there for me to be confident. And lynching inactive lacks information near-entirely, so that's not ideal either. Since Lele's got votes, I'm going to ##UNVOTE ##VOTE: scattered mind, but we'll see later on, once I can take a good look.

Celever

Wheeeee~
For why I still divulged my prize for the certamen...I’m not sure honestly I forgot my reasoning for it but I vaguely remember thinking “I don’t want to be nightkilled cause they think I have a powerful ability I’ll so I’ll tell them what it is so I don’t get nightkilled”
Why didn't you wanna get nightkilled if your ability activates on death?

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
scattered seems to suspect Lele backpedaled because a scumbuddy told them that rolefishing was a poor idea. It's just very WIFOMy, I don't think that's a great reason to vote for Lele. I'm pretty sure there was something else before this, but I'd have to look back. I also don't think you were pushing this specific line, Jabber, which is why I think scattered has been voting for the wrong reasons, and why you haven't necessarily been.
I mean okay, but that's one reason among several I've seen from scattered. One bit of WIFOM alone isn't enough to condemn him when he's had solid trains of thought in other places.

I don't quite understand the T_E case. Celever calling BS and saying "you're just making up a reason as to why the mafians won't kill you" is no more WIFOMy than the reasoning scattered gave above, and so I don't find it a very substantial lead. I would much prefer Lele being lynched over T_E.
Did you read literally any of page 14 before Celever's post (#279)?

It's between Lele, scattered and any random inactive for me.
Why do you think a random inactive would make a good D1 lynch?

Before I realised that I had misinterpreted a bit of evidence, I did not think the Lele lead was good at all - and I still haven't been able to re-collaborate my read since then. scattered I've mentioned, but I'm not 100% that there's enough solid evidence there for me to be confident. And lynching inactive lacks information near-entirely, so that's not ideal either. Since Lele's got votes, I'm going to ##UNVOTE ##VOTE: scattered mind, but we'll see later on, once I can take a good look.
Funny you say that; I've actually started to lean away from Lele lol. This is a really good townie post and is almost enough to make me believe he really did just accidentally screw up with the whole role spec thing.

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
##unvote (quakings rvs vote)
Also my first post quotings messed up I dont know how. :/
This might sound like an unusual question, but why is it that you two veterans have such
different reads of my post?
I honestly don’t know. Also don’t think of me as a vet please I’m not that good.:p
I would genuinely love to know why morda read those posts as town. I cannot think of a single way they can be construed as pro-town.
Because lele reinforces the point that we should be scumhunting instead of rolehunting. I also want to hear from you why think it was scum-like please.
If I would volunteer my thoughts on who should be protected via the Certamen,
Can you explain why you chose to use the word protected via the Certamen? Or am I missing something?
Comments on TE coming soon but for if I forget:
##vote: TOTAL_EPICNESS

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
Just gonna give a reminder votes require two hashtags and must be in bold (##:Verb)

Votes also require an unvote to go through

If these conditions are not met, your votes will be missed or ignored

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
It's between Lele, scattered and any random inactive for me.
Any random inactive? Geez that raises a flag. Lynching a random inactive, let's say Samwise, wouldn't give us any info at all.
Can you explain why you chose to use the word protected via the Certamen? Or am I missing something?
The certam
The player who wins this prize will be unable to be killed during tonight, and will additionally gain the ability to send the night patrol to a player’s house.

Can someone explain what's happening with scattered? I'm a bit lost on that. Is it like just cos of WIFOM?

Though lele would give us more info imo, he's starting to lean town for me. I think I'm going to vote for TE. The whole not wanting to reveal the certamen, revealing the certamen, and then the latest quotes about that just seem pretty... strange.
So you lied about the fact it triggers on death?
Idk how he usually plays mafia, but the TE I know is pretty confident. In this game he's not really showing that kind of confidence? Just the whole doing not much other than piggybacking on other people's actions is a tad strange. There's also another thing I'd like to bring up. From what the hosts have said, I am allowed to mention this, if anyone is curious. In our certamen QT TE said something that raised a flag for me. I don't exactly know if I can quote him, but the people in the QT with me can see the quote I'm talking about.

So uh, ##Vote:TE

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Hey @TOTAL_EPICNESS, weren't you in a very similar situation last game? You gained an on-death ability from triplemo midway through day 2 in mafia 50. By keeping it a secret and disclosing it only upon your death, you pulled a completely unexpected move which turned the tide of the game and gained you lots of attention - so much that you got a player MVP award.

I just find it hard that to believe that you would simply forget this experience when it left such a big impact during the last game
Tapu’s reaction when they first saw me post the command was hilarious
I’ll definitely be taking what I learned here into future game

Status
Not open for further replies.