• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Ultra Necrozma GX

Shifusansou

Aspiring Trainer
So I was testing with 2 Lists so far, I will post both below. Now I am curious to know if you have any suggestions for cards i should try out. I am preparing for sheffield Regionals and im not quite sure as to which approach of the Deck might be better.
Basically the first Decklist is more of a Mirror Focused decklist, the second one targets fighting decks a little more, or well maybe just overall a little more decks than the first list. Not sure how to explain it, since both lists can deal with everything.

First List:
##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Ultra Necrozma-GX FLI 95
* 2 Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX UPR 63
* 4 Inkay FLI 50
* 1 Mew FCO 29
* 1 Mimikyu GRI 58
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Malamar FLI 51

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 3 N FCO 105
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121

##Energy - 12

* 1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117
* 8 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8
* 3 Metal Energy 8

Total Cards - 60
+1 Cynthia UPR 119
EDIT: I have deleted the second Deck, since i have decided to go with the first list. it worked a lot better during tests.

Last edited:

momand

Aspiring Trainer
I personally don’t see a reason to run Necrozma GX because you already run Dawn Wings to counter Buzzwole
I think u could cut it for either 2nd letter or Giratina XYPR because this deck gets demolished by Greninja

Shifusansou

Aspiring Trainer
I have Updated the List. I was testing it a lot the last two days, and you were right. But does a single Giratina really help against the Greninja? And also, is Greninja popular? I think it might be a long shot to prepare for Greninja Turbo.
Regarding the Changes, I think that Brigette is better than Lily. I have only used Lily like once, but I have found that a Brigette Turn 1 can open up a lot of resources for later use and also removes a little bit of clunkiness from the Deck.
Something I am thinking about is pushing Ultra Necrozma GX to 3 again, so I ensure to have some for the Lategame stages.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
IMO, you need to run at least 2 Brigette to help ensure your get your bench setup T1. Consider replacing 1 Mysterious Treasure for another Brigette.

Further, if you are playing against a Garbotoxin deck, will only 2 Field Blower be sufficient. Your deck is highly dependent upon Abilities; so, running a 3rd provides a bit more security (of course depending upon your area's meta). I'd suggest replacing 1 Mysterious Treasure for another Field Blower should you suspect lots of Garbodor will be played.

Shifusansou

Aspiring Trainer
I do not rely on the Brigette to setup my bench, that is is why a T1 brigette is nice to have but not neccessary. 3 field blower would be nice to have since i also have trouble dealing with parallel city. A question i have is : can i replace an opponents parallel city with my own?
I dont want to cut the discard. I really need early Energies in the discard pile. I was thinking about cutting the mimikyu, but it helps in the mirror and some other matchups.
I will test your suggestions though ! It is worth trying to cut the search/discard since I do have Brigette, so 3-4 Energies in the discard pile are enough setup t1. I will post my results in the ththe thread as soon as possible

Srmb

Physics, that's what pokemon is all about!
You can't counter your opponent's parallel city with your own. Only with a Field blower. :(

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Shifusansou,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Rescue Stretcher (not needed since this deck already runs Super Rod)
- 1 Parallel City (not needed that bad in this deck)

+ 1 Cynthia (the deck needs a stable 10 draw supporter)
+ 1 Field Blower (discards tools and stadiums alike)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
I play 2 Lele so I dont brick when 1 is prized

Ive screwed with this deck a little, so I know personally even when you prize one Lele there isnt really a consequence, setting up is still easy. Even when you have a lele and prize, ive only found myself in a "Dang I really need a Lele" situation in 15-25% of my games, so I honestly dont think two is nessecary. Even Andrew Mahone only runs one in his build.

Shifusansou

Aspiring Trainer
Hi Shifusansou,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Rescue Stretcher (not needed since this deck already runs Super Rod)
- 1 Parallel City (not needed that bad in this deck)

+ 1 Cynthia (the deck needs a stable 10 draw supporter)
+ 1 Field Blower (discards tools and stadiums alike)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

I think I can test -1 Rescue Stretcher , +1 Cynthia. I play the Rescue Stretcher as an Insurance, just in Case i really need that Ultra Necrozma GX back or smth ( since i only run 2 each ).
Regarding the Parallel City, i think its too valuable. It really helps in the Mirror, it helps against zoroark ( they cannot OS my Dawn Wings necrozma without a Choice Band or Kukui ) and can potentially help a little against Greninja but limiting my own bench doesnt seem smart ( havent played at all against greninja yet ).

Ive screwed with this deck a little, so I know personally even when you prize one Lele there isnt really a consequence, setting up is still easy. Even when you have a lele and prize, ive only found myself in a "Dang I really need a Lele" situation in 15-25% of my games, so I honestly dont think two is nessecary. Even Andrew Mahone only runs one in his build.
I will try and run only 1 Lele, I am not sure if I could run 3 Ultra Necrozma instead or maybe go up in Guzmas or smth. I really dont want a second brigette since the deck doesnt need it. I can setup the Bench just with Ultra Balls and Treasures, the brigette is a nice t1 play but not a neccessity. I think I will increase Field Blowers up to 3 instead.

My ultimate Goal is to maximize consistency. I think these Changes right now, do help a lot.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
I think I can test -1 Rescue Stretcher , +1 Cynthia. I play the Rescue Stretcher as an Insurance, just in Case i really need that Ultra Necrozma GX back or smth ( since i only run 2 each ).
Regarding the Parallel City, i think its too valuable. It really helps in the Mirror, it helps against zoroark ( they cannot OS my Dawn Wings necrozma without a Choice Band or Kukui ) and can potentially help a little against Greninja but limiting my own bench doesnt seem smart ( havent played at all against greninja yet ).

I will try and run only 1 Lele, I am not sure if I could run 3 Ultra Necrozma instead or maybe go up in Guzmas or smth. I really dont want a second brigette since the deck doesnt need it. I can setup the Bench just with Ultra Balls and Treasures, the brigette is a nice t1 play but not a neccessity. I think I will increase Field Blowers up to 3 instead.

My ultimate Goal is to maximize consistency. I think these Changes right now, do help a lot.

Cool! Tell me how it is!

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
...A question i have is : can i replace an opponents parallel city with my own?
Not directly. Stadiums with the same exact name can not immediately replace each other. However, you could replace the opponent's Parallel City with another Stadium, e.g., Altar of the Moone. Or, you could first Field Blower your opponent's Parallel City and then play yours.