Media The Tweet that split the world

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
At first I heard Yanny, then I heard Laurel for like 5 hours and now I'm back to hearing Yanny. And the dress is blue and black

Celever

Wheeeee~
I mean, I've never heard Yanny or Laurel. Always "Yarel". Try as I might, I can hear neither "Lau" nor "nny".

And yes, the dress is blue and black.

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
Is this another one of those forced memes like "The Dress"? only this one pushes merchandising?
rsz_1rsz_thinking.png

Celever

Wheeeee~
Is this another one of those forced memes like "The Dress"? only this one pushes merchandising?
rsz_1rsz_thinking.png
Yeah. The dress was just a funny accident that took off, whereas this is intentional (the video says both Yanny and Laurel in different frequencies, and different people hear one frequency over the other based on a buncha biology).

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
Yeah. The dress was just a funny accident that took off, whereas this is intentional (the video says both Yanny and Laurel in different frequencies, and different people hear one frequency over the other based on a buncha biology).
Pretty much. And psychology.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I have heeded the words "stay in school" and just wrote about this!

First the dress: blue and black, or white and gold. It all depended on what you see.
Now, an audio clip; people again hear different things: Yanny or Laurel. Personally, I hear Yanny, as does my dad, but my mom hears Laurel. Why is this?
Frequency. Laurel can be heard as Yanny if your ears hear higher frequencies, but Laurel if you hear lower frequencies. Even if you hear Yanny, you can listen closely to the clip and hear undertones suggesting that it may be Laurel.
Rumor now circulates that it was actually made to be Laurel. I, personally, think this is not true and that they were actually two clips (one saying Yanny and the other Laurel) merged together to create one single confounding audio clip.
Rumor also circulated that if you slow down the clip very very much, you can hear the old meme "Number 15: Burger King Foot Lettuce." Our president Donald J. Trump, however, breaks the rules and says he hears "covfefe." Whether he is lying or actually hears "covfefe" is a mystery.

Hey, I'm a youngster, don't judge me.

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
I literally cannot hear Laurel no matter how hard I try.