JGPuffin

Aspiring Trainer
Goodbye

Help me add!

- Float Stone
- Fisherman
- Strong Energy
- Bursting Balloon
- ALL EX's (and by extension ALL mega-evolutions)
- Mind Jack/Stand In Zoroark
- Fighting Fury Belt
- Splash Energy
- Shauna (obviously replaced by the better Cynthia)
- Wally
- Mew (big loss for many)
- Mr. Mime
- Fairy Drop
- Fairy Garden
- Random Receiver
- Power Heater Volcanion (you may have mentioned this one...)
- Ninja Boy
- Devolution Spray
- Brock's Grit

Last edited:

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
- Float Stone
- Fisherman
- Strong Energy
- Bursting Balloon
- ALL EX's (and by extension ALL mega-evolutions)
- Mind Jack/Stand In Zoroark
- Fighting Fury Belt
- Splash Energy
- Shauna (obviously replaced by the better Cynthia)
- Wally
- Mew (big loss for many)
- Mr. Mime
- Fairy Drop
- Fairy Garden
- Random Receiver
- Power Heater Volcanion (you may have mentioned this one...)
- Ninja Boy
- Devolution Spray
- Brock's Grit

Should Super Rod be added? Last print for Super Rod was in Breakthrough, so just like Brock's grit, unless it is reprinted in August, one particular card called Energy Recycle System, which is due to come within the aforementioned month's set(Celestial Storm) as the new energy version of GRI's rescue stretcher, will not only mark Super Rod's rotation, but render that card as obsolete too, as you can choose to put one pokemon and one basic energy in your hand w/ two cards, or take up to six total pokemon and basic energy, three each, and shuffle them back in w/ said two, in contrast to the three pokemon and basic energy total that Super Rod allows the player to shuffle back in...

Last edited:

JGPuffin

Aspiring Trainer
Should Super Rod be added? Last print for Super Rod was in Breakthrough, so just like Brock's grit, unless it is reprinted, in the SUM-On format, August's(Celestial Storm's) new energy version of GRI's rescue stretcher will not only mark Super Rod's rotation, but render that card as obsolete too, as you can choose to put one pokemon and one basic energy in your hand w/ two cards, or take up to six total pokemon and basic energy, three each, and shuffle them back in w/ said two, in contrast to the three pokemon and basic energy total that Super Rod allows the player to shuffle back in...
Yep, Super Rod was in the list from Luxinity that I was replying to.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Surprise, surprise...still can't decide if this is going to make the format more balanced or frustratingly inconsistent. Not looking forward to Cynthia Wars: The Game.

Expanded really needs additional bans. That format is getting more and more cheesy/toxic with every set release.
Not true. Welcome to Zoroark GX wars: The Game.

Primal Latios

Aspiring Trainer
Well I for one am happy to see the departure of cards like Parallel city, Garbotoxin and Greninja

Finally a format where abilities will run riot...maybe Empoleon can become good :D

Otaku

The wise fool?
Should Super Rod be added? Last print for Super Rod was in Breakthrough, so just like Brock's grit, unless it is reprinted in August, one particular card called Energy Recycle System, which is due to come within the aforementioned month's set(Celestial Storm) as the new energy version of GRI's rescue stretcher, will not only mark Super Rod's rotation, but render that card as obsolete too, as you can choose to put one pokemon and one basic energy in your hand w/ two cards, or take up to six total pokemon and basic energy, three each, and shuffle them back in w/ said two, in contrast to the three pokemon and basic energy total that Super Rod allows the player to shuffle back in...

1) Commas are not periods. Though I know they can share the same key on certain mobile devices, it really does change the meaning of your words if there is a comma where there ought to be a period.

2) Energy Recycle System is itself a reprint of EX - Dragon 84/97, EX - Unseen Forces 81/115, and EX - Power Keepers 73/108. It allows you the option of adding one basic Energy from the discard pile to hand or to shuffle up to three basic Energy from your discard pile into your deck.

3) Super Rod has a definite advantage over Rescue Stretcher/Energy Recycle System. Yes, having the option of adding one card directly to hand instead of shuffling three to the deck is great but remember that each of those cards is specific to Pokémon or basic Energy. Super Rod works with either, and that flexibility can make it more efficient.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Everyone predicted this, what surprises me is they did nothing to hinder Zoroark in expanded which means they're okay with it getting 6/8ths of top placements at every event. I guess if it sells zoroark and shining legends boxes.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
You mean Buzzwole GX wars: The Game? LOL

Anyone care to predict what the rotation next year will be? Crimson Invasion forward?
In a world without Max Elixir, Regirock-EX, Mew and Strong Energy, no, I definitely do not mean it.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Not enough on its own. By contrast, Zoroark still has everything except PoT and Brigette, and Garb's gone! With Cynthia the only real draw supporter, we'll just go towards Pokemon-based draw.

JGPuffin

Aspiring Trainer
Not enough on its own. By contrast, Zoroark still has everything except PoT and Brigette, and Garb's gone! With Cynthia the only real draw supporter, we'll just go towards Pokemon-based draw.

Definitely lots of things moving to pokemon abilities that were previously in supporter or item cards.

Dunsparce, Magcargo are good examples.

Will be interesting to see if Alolan Muk and maybe the new Slaking see some play for ability lock. A Muck won't stop Zoroark and Slaking is S2, so not ideal. I'm toying with the idea of a Slaking deck just for fun because I think it's a hilarious card! (but I don't play super-competitively, just local card store for fun...)

JGPuffin

Aspiring Trainer

Oh yeah...forgot to mention Beast Ring, Beast Energy and Ultra Space. Those are all Buzzwole (all ultra beasts obviously) boosters. I think ultra beasts are going to rule the format more than simply Zoroark based on what's come out in Forbidden Light. That's my prediction anyway. Ultra Necrozma + Malamar is nuts. Beast box is pretty good. It's going to be interesting to see how things shake out when the rotation occurs.

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
Everyone predicted this, what surprises me is they did nothing to hinder Zoroark in expanded which means they're okay with it getting 6/8ths of top placements at every event. I guess if it sells zoroark and shining legends boxes.
In the last big Expanded tournament, Zoroark got a whopping one top 8 placement (and three top 16 placements). Clearly an extremely broken card in dire need of nerfing.

gema5

Aspiring Trainer
I am really excited about garbotoxin, sycamore and N. Thanks that they are gone! This gives more strategy, more abilities, more variety of supporters with different effects, slows down the game pace, etc... Not worried about Zoroark, as I like glaceon/greninja

TheDeckWizard74

I got big beautiful eyes like this flareon
I'm gonna be the first to say it... I CALLED IT!

Although to be fair, I think we all called it. Just wanted to be the first to say it!
I was honestly expecting Steam Siege and on so that sycamore and Volcanion will stay in the format but now ho-oh and turt will be almost completely dead, R.I.P. fire types and every deck that doesn't use zoroark