Major 'Pokemon Switch' Rumors Today -- A Breakdown and Analysis!

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
Whats wrong with holding "Down" and "B" at the same time to catch Pokemon. Always worked for me in the Pokemon games.

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
To be honest, I don't know how I feel about a Kanto remake at this point. I really want Sinnoh remakes, and also new Pokemon. I also really don't want the mainstream Pokemon games to have Pokemon Go's catching thing. It just wouldn't fit.

All in all, after hearing this, I really hope the rumors are fake. If they're true, I may not buy the new Pokemon game. And I never thought I'd actually say that.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
As a lot of people have already said, making the catch mechanics like GO’s would make or break the series, I know I wouldn’t enjoy it in the slightest. THAT said, if these ARE real the I can only hope that the titles are for a “quasi-spinoff” like Colosseum or Gale of Darkness.

TrevGallade

Trevterra!!!
I don't see why they would make the new Switch Games remakes if they're main series games... I mean, I'm sure it could be fun, but IDK, I feel like skipping Gen 8 for a new platform would just make less people excited about Pokémon on the Switch... Oh well, I guess we'll see what the future has in store for us.

Hors

Whoa, a talking horse
Said leak (that is still unconfirmed) dates from many weeks ago by other person; people spotted very fast that she was not the first to say it. So even if these titles are true, Emily could've simply repeated something she saw on the internet like an addict gambler.

bunnybird12

Aspiring Trainer
I hope this isn’t true. I’m really hoping for Sinnoh remakes!

I hate the way you have to catch Pokémon in Pokémon Go.

Nyora

A Cat
Just watch everyone be wrong and the Pokémon Switch game is actually a really good dating sim. Now I can finally ship Gardevoir and nihilego!

_Spectralax_

Dragon Type Enthusiast
I wasn't sure whether I should trust this at first, but that picture Masuda posted definitely convinced me, it's way too obvious. As for the catching mechanics being like Pokemon GO, does that mean no battles? If so, thats going to definitely ruin the game.

Duke Erebus

Aspiring Trainer
I'll pitch in and say I hope these rumors aren't entirely true. It could be interesting to have Pokemon Go catch mechanics -- IF they are combined with existing mechanics. In that, you still battle the Pokemon and weaken it, etc., but then when you throw the Pokeball, it transitions to a Pokemon Go style. You could further increase your chances at catching the Pokemon, though there'd have to be some way to account for missing (particularly with a Master Ball...). It would be an interesting way to implement the Switch's touch screen.

If Pokemon Go catching mechanics entirely replace the battling system, I will be sorely disappointed.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Just watch everyone be wrong and the Pokémon Switch game is actually a really good dating sim. Now I can finally ship Gardevoir and nihilego!
I don't know what kind of freaky stuff you're into, but because Nihilego has tentacles, it's probably not good.

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
pokemon GO was bad enough, I can't see spending 60 dollars on trash
all of this makes me angry...
FURIOUS...
depressed...
*footsteps*
so, where's my bleach?

Sentret_C

Aspiring Trainer
I wasn't sure whether I should trust this at first, but that picture Masuda posted definitely convinced me, it's way too obvious. As for the catching mechanics being like Pokemon GO, does that mean no battles? If so, thats going to definitely ruin the game.
No battles... Maybe the GO-style catching is for safari zone only?

FrostyLily

ニャンパス~ (she/her)
If Game Freak makes the catching like Pokemon GO it might work out, and might not. It probably won't work out, but people who enjoy GO's catching might like it, if they even have a switch in the first place. In my opinion, though this game might not be that bad, even if they implement it. What they might do, and would be the best situation is to make us able to choose between GO and normal catching.