Next Season's Standard Format: SM-on!

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
I'm gonna be the first to say it... I CALLED IT!

Although to be fair, I think we all called it. Just wanted to be the first to say it!

Nyora

A Cat
What the heck. When will expanded finally change? Some of these sets have been In as long as my brother has been alive!

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Dawn Wings Necrozma will be slightly worse after rotation with Float Stone leaving the format, since it can only do the Invasion + free retreat combo in the very specific circumstances of Altar of the Moone + Psychic energy or Silvally GX.

Buzzwole decks will have to rely on Beast Ring to get Absorption and Knuckle Impact going without Max Elixir.

Lillie and/or Pokemon Fan Club will be the go-to turn 1 supporters.

People will have to be careful with special energy management without Puzzle of Time or Special Charge.

Of course, this is assuming that no reprints will happen afterward.

Last edited:

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
What the heck. When will expanded finally change? Some of these sets have been In as long as my brother has been alive!
The expanded didn't change because the market would have been in trouble, if most of expanded was cut. Or so i was told. It may change down the road, The banned list may get slightly bigger. Huge if, that any Standard format cards become banned. In my opinion. Some expanded decks, would play well even without any of the old ace specs or supporters from the plasma sets.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I mean it was gonna be SUM-on or EVO-on depending on whether Pokemon wanted Mewtwo in format or not. I guess they don't.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Phew! I was afraid I wasn't gonna be able to use my McDonald's cards any more next season. Thank you, TPCi!

Otaku

The wise fool?
Lillie and/or Pokemon Fan Club will be the go-to turn 1 supporters.

Not quoting the rest of your post because I agree with it. Not sold on either of these becoming the go-to first turn Supporter. Better options than they are now? Sure. If you're good at thinning your hand, then Cynthia seems like the better opening option.

Wrong. Water gets things wet and is not wet itself. "Wet" is defined "covered in water". In other words, blankets cover, but are blankets covered by themselves with one of them?

Blankets frequently cover other blankets, especially on beds. Some are specific subclasses of blankets on beds, while some are just a matter of storage or decorating tricks.