'Charisma of the Wrecked Sky,' Japan's SM7 Set Announced!

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Hmmm...sceptile could definitely see some use. An energy based attack and no damage from ultra beasts? Worth testing out I would think. That dragon acceleration is enticing too, especially with dragonite gx and such...

On the other hand, kartana looks like a one time use, and celesteela...the cost is big, and even if you can do 160 for 2 dce at the start of the game, still would take at least 2 turns to set up, which means if the opponent can get a prize during that set up time, it's back to 5 energy cost. Interesting to see how these cards will be received though.

Last edited:

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Not feeling the Sceptile, honestly.
Stage2 that needs set-up to do damge; very slow.
It's ability is easy to play around.
ex. You can just use Mew to attack instead.

Latias seems useful; obvious synergy with Ray.
I do like how it's attack is colorless, meaning it can be used in any Dragon deck.
Very nice!

I_miss_Zoroark_GX

Aspiring Trainer
Hmmm...sceptile could definitely see some use. An energy based attack and no damage from ultra beasts? Worth testing out I would think. That dragon acceleration is enticing too, especially with dragonite gx and such...

On the other hand, kartana looks like a one time use, and celesteela...the cost is big, and even if you can do 160 for 2 dce at the start of the game, still would take at least 2 turns to set up, which means if the opponent can get a prize during that set up time, it's back to 5 energy cost. Interesting to see how these cards will be received though.

It doesn't reduce the attack cost by one metal energy, it reduces the entire attack cost to just a single metal energy

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
All translations now up! Make sure to re-read them, some of them changed while the story was developing!

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Latias isn't doing a great job at making Rayquaza look enticing. Once Elixir rotates, it's bad. But it also loses to everything relevant to the current meta. Reprint Elixir and we'll talk.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
If Celesteela had a bit of a lower attack cost, it might be good. But nope. If the attack did 200 damage, then maybe it would be worth it, but Celesteela does as much damage as Goodra.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
It doesn't reduce the attack cost by one metal energy, it reduces the entire attack cost to just a single metal energy
Yup, yup~
One attachment + CB...
Good for a knock out vs Buzzwole/Ultra Necrozma/Dusk Mane/etc
Might see play.

Though, now that the translation has been updated, not sure if it's better or worse.
6 is a common number here...

1 and 5
2 and 4
3 and 3

As opposed to the one-hit wonder; this could be a quality revenge killer!

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Kartana would have been great with just an M cost but MM is a big investment for a card that won't be useful at all after the first few turns. Celesteela could definitely see play as a one of in metal, 4-2 split is pretty common and one metal and a band for 190 is pretty impressive any way you cut it.

Sceptile will be low-end playable but has no real answer against Zoroark. Every potential partner I see is either a stage 1 or 2, consistency will be very low for a mediocre attack. The ability is really good though.

Latias might make Rayquaza look good if it was either attaching from the deck, or wasn't a prism star. As is you run a big risk of either prizing it due to it being a mandatory one of or accidentally discarding it with Rayquaza's ability.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Kartana would have been great with just an M cost but MM is a big investment for a card that won't be useful at all after the first few turns. Celesteela could definitely see play as a one of in metal, 4-2 split is pretty common and one metal and a band for 190 is pretty impressive any way you cut it.

Sceptile will be low-end playable but has no real answer against Zoroark. Every potential partner I see is either a stage 1 or 2, consistency will be very low for a mediocre attack. The ability is really good though.

Latias might make Rayquaza look good if it was either attaching from the deck, or wasn't a prism star. As is you run a big risk of either prizing it due to it being a mandatory one of or accidentally discarding it with Rayquaza's ability.

The biggest thing is, Ray discards the top 3 cards, but only lets you attach 1 energy.
So, Latias could accelerate the straggling energy.

I feel Ray's biggest strength is similar to Turbo Darkrai, where all your attackers accelerate simultaneously.
Honestly, because Ray doesn't need the energy attached to itself, you could actually use beast ring...
With that said, I don't think it's a deck I'd play.