Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

Articuno looks promising as a "surprise here's more math for you opponent" piece a la Tapu Koko-GX, but the lack of a good GX attack may hurt it. Salamence over here is like the A. Ninetales to Dragonite's Lapras, which I find really good, and Wishiwashi is becoming playable. Oh my word this set is gonna make the sky fall.

Wishiwashi still isn't "playable", it's "Slightly more viable than just being a stall deck".

Tbh, The Baby Wishiwashi doesn't make Daddy Washi GX that much better really. 5 Energy for one attack regardless of Water support is still too hefty.

Wishiwashi still isn't "playable", it's "Slightly more viable than just being a stall deck".

Tbh, The Baby Wishiwashi doesn't make Daddy Washi GX that much better really. 5 Energy for one attack regardless of Water support is still too hefty.
But 130 for one energy ain't to bad. Still not more viable than stall washi

By "playable" I meant that in terms of him being a stall machine, papawashi is obviously is only ever good as a tank. That's something I think everyone realizes as of now (Wailord is obviously better, but Washi now has a higher HP cap, meaning he could be used as a rogue stall deck of sorts).

I don't care! I'm still playing it :)P). Love it , totally playing Wishiwashi/Wishiwashi GX/Quagsire. Woot woot

that salazzle looks kinda scary. the damage and health is low but depending on the deck it faces it pretty much could mean you either guzma or chain float stones if you want to deal damage.
I got me a 'Tales-GX deck in Expanded that counters 'lazzle like Bruce Lee after a telegraphed punched, but I can see it becoming scary. Really scary.

With 4 wishiwashi and Mr.Mime you could be hilariously stally. Imagine having a 330HP basic that hits 110 damage for one energy and then using Max Potion or Acerola right before they can possibly get the KO.

They said I was a fool for putting my life savings into wishiwashi GX

THEY WERE WRONG
While everyone poured their life savings into Leles, Lele herself poured her savings on Wishiwashi. THE BIGGEST META CARD IS POURING HER SAVINGS INTO WISHIWASHI WAKE UP PEOPLE!

For a name like "Maelstrom GX", you'd think it'd be a little more powerful than a simple 40 spread. Wooper's artwork is cute as heck tho.

I think the Translation for Life Ring is as follows: "Switch your Active [W] Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon. Then, heal 30 damage from that Pokemon".

(Note: Everyone is talking about Wishiwashi because it was the first card revealed tonight, not because it's necessarily special.)

I like the Kommo-o! Although quite tricky, if you can manage to reduce it to 80 or less hp then it can score ohkos on stage 1 gx pokemon. Guard press will be like giving it 190 hp so theres a little bit of leeway there but itll still be hard haha.

So many dragons!!
I am disappointed that SalamenceGX did not have a "Dragon guard", and even more disappointed that the ability does not work for EX/GX...
The attack you can stream line it with quagsire and aqua patch, as well as DCE and reel in kills back to back.
Cant wait for what the Zinnia full art will look like!

• Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard - Better RC the Charmander because I don't think Charmeleon was good enough. On Charizard, I am ok with that. Hits the numbers so much. 3/2/4
  • Victini Prism - Still unimpressed. You still need bunch of Energy in the DP then the fact that its a PS makes me so upset. 3 Geodudes
  • Darumaka/Darmanitan - Nice to see Darmanitan back 20+ sets after. 2/2
  • Heatmor - Ehhh. 2 Geodudes
  • Reshiram-GX - Even with Flint, still I don't think it deserves my high score aside the fact that it doesn't hit 120. 3 Geodudes
  • Salandit/Salazzizle - Stop wasting my time. In short, ehhh. 2/2
  • Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra - What gimmick is this Horsea and Seadra? On Kingdra, with Brooklet and AP makes it so much better. Hek ye. 2-3/3/5
  • Magikarp/Gyarados - When do we see a good Gyarados? 160 for 3 is very nice but the fact you can't use DCE, and its a Stage 1. 1/3
  • Wooper/Quagsire - Good ability. 2/4
  • Corsola - 90 HP is not deserving for a sniper like Corsola. 2-3 Geodudes
  • Feebas/Milotic - ehhh. 2/2
  • Baby Wishiwashi (#HeyNick?) - 1 Geodude
  • Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon - I realized. The ability is like Magearna-EX. Oh well. 2/2/2-3
  • Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite-GX - better use the SM Dratini and Dragonair. On Dragonite, besides the fact that the atks hit the numbers and can use its GX atk to spam Altarias and Dragonites, PERIOD. And having bunch of support, this is amazing. 1/1/4-5
  • Altaria - 3 Geodudes
  • Drudiggon - Oh boy. Repetitive ability, Can't use DCE and the fact that doesn't hit base 120. 2 Geodudes
  • Zekrom - Why Reshiram gets so much treatment??! 3 Geodudes
  • Kyurem - gosh. Reshiram really gets the treatment. No Black Kyu in the set. Anyways, its the worst Outrager among the Tao Trio??! because it don't hit for weakness. 3 Geodudes
  • White Kyu-GX - Unimpressive. 2-3 Geodudes
  • Z50 - ehhh. Don't hit for weakness. 2-3 Geodudes
  • Turtonator - What gimmick is this? Camerupt-EX with very expensive AC? 3 Geodudes
  • Baby Drampa (#HeyNick?) - The set up atkr that it deserves. Well, 20 base is undeserving. 3 Geodudes
  • Jangmo-o/Hakamo-o/Kommo-o - If Kommo-o was a Fighting-type, that would be great. For now, its just wasting my time. 2/2/2
  • Life Ring - an Olympia for W Pokemon and vulnerable to Garb. 3 Geodudes
  • Dragon's Talon - ... 3 Geodudes
  • Flint - 5 Geodudes on something like a Volcanion.
  • Lance Prism - Best PS Supporter. 5 Geodudes
  • Zinnia - Good energy accel but the fact that it needs a KOed Pokémon prevents from being great. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Blaine's Single-Shot Match - Complicated Condition, good benefits. 4 Geodudes
  • Wela Volcano Park - Guzma + Acerola = Nobody cares Burn. Somebody says that this will be good on Entei but Entei itself doesn't hit 120 before CB shenanigans happens. 2-3 Geodudes

Back