TCG Fakes Robin's Random Image Fakes (Compositions)

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Thanks! I'll check out the discord chat.

I love Glaceon it's one of my favourites but I kinda refrain from doing Pokémon who already received a GX.

Robin Aisaga

3JVaB93.gif
H8i8g7K.gif
peYwZV7.jpg
Card components by PokemonCardRecources
Pokémon art by nganlamsong
Was dissapointed to see no love for Haxorus in Dragon Storm, so I decided to make Haxorus GX.

Haxorus may be weak to fairies but can easily knock them out with Iron Tail. Do the math, Iron Tail can deal 240 damage with Professor Kukui and a Choice Band attached. This Pokémon is in a really strong position once it used Razor Claws. At a fair cost, Dragon's Fury GX has the potential to knock out 3 Pokémon at once! This is how a Stage 2 Dragon Pokémon should look like in my opinion.

I may also do Fraxure and Axew later.

Yog

Rogue
Some of these are fantastic. I especially like the shimmer effect and would be quite interested in a tutorial on how you achieve that if you have the time to write out the steps/link the resources.

There isn't a bad looking card here at all. And solid ideas on the cards and the balance. Prism Samson is my favourite in that regard.

Small sidenote, Banette never made it into the OP.

Robin Aisaga

Thanks you Yog! I love to do some behind the sceen stuff. I'll write out the steps

This is edited file I use for the Holo effect:

https://image.ibb.co/iS0khn/Holo.png

1. The effect is added when everything else is done. Place the PNG in your photoshop document. Place it in front of the background, the card and the Pokémon. Behind all the text, icons (attack cost, weakness, set logo).

2. Change the opacity of the Holo effect to around 12%. The Holo effect PNG should be slightly bigger than the card.

3. Open the Timeline. This is when you start moving the Holo effect while adding frames. Show the Transform Controls to accurately move the Holo effect. When you moved the Holo effect all the way up or all the way down select all the frames and duplicate them. Place the duplicated frames behind the copied frames, then reverse them. This ensures the effect loops. If you want the effect to be smooth you should end with around 30 frames.

4. After you're finished with the frames, editing anything besides the Holo effect may result in objects moving unwanted. If for example you want to move the Pokémon slightly to the right, you should select all the frames before you do so. If by accident you forget, you can always select the frame where the object is in place. Convert the object to a Smart Object and it remains in place for all frames.

I hope this explanation is clear, if not I can always add a few screen shots.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
You might find it worth experimenting with a combination of the following holosheets: sunlava | rainbow | XY-era | XY-era alternate. These would produce a more colourful and shiny effect than the ripped sheets from PTCGO, and they should work better for image-faking than ripped versions when using blending modes such as Overlay and Soft Light, since the ripped versions are intended for some weird Unity filter. That said, I'm sure there's a way to utilise the rips effectively (with proper shine, much like how they appear in the game), but none of us have really found that out yet. n.n'

Anyway, you should definitely be using some blending modes for the holosheet, instead of just turning down the opacity to very low. Just changing the opacity results in a more greyed-out effect instead of that shine-effect. ;)

Robin Aisaga

Time for another Pokémon. Skarmory GX! This one took a long time to make, I try to do a little better every time. This card goes together with the Skarmory from the Sun & Moon collection. You could make a deck with the goal to completely remove your opponent's Energy from play. Steel Wing Gust is also a good way to mess with decks that rely on Energy acceleration from the discard pile.

vmLMTwg.gif

tM8SseE.png
Skarmory by Tails19950

Last edited:

Robin Aisaga

Alright thanks for voting! Poll is now closed.

5pR8LQK.gif

Y4hqcsA.png

Mismagius GX it is! A rather creepy Pokémon deserving of a fearful card. Its Creeping Glare ability pressures your opponent, a penalty for playing Supporters and Stadium cards, up to 8 damage counters. It puts your opponent in a true predicament combined with the main attack. Because if your opponent keeps too many Trainer cards in their hand it is not going to end well for them. Its GX attack may appear odd at first but it has multiple lethal functions. After your opponent has drawn 15 cards the main attack (Obscure Hoarding) is almost certain to result in a K.O. But even better you can end the game if your opponent's has less than 15 cards in their deck!

Pokémon art by nganlamsong

For my next work: http://bit.ly/2p8q1AG

Last edited:

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Damage counters are always put, never placed.

The gx attack is funny. But your opponent can just play down his hand and then N away the rest if he's afraid of getting slammed. Pretty much only good for ending the game, and in that vein it's substantially more powerful than Charizard, bring one stage below and costing significantly less to do.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I'm also liking that GX attack! It'd be rather potent, actually, since you would autowin whenever your opponent has 15 cards or less, and that happens more than you think. :<

Robin Aisaga

A Misdreavus card to go alongside Mismagius, not sure about the Ability wording:

O2FmHKc.png
Pokémon art by Sailorclef

Also I'm looking for a picture for Goodra GX but it's not a pleasant experience. It's arguably worse than looking up Gardevoir on the internet...

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Also I'm looking for a picture for Goodra GX but it's not a pleasant experience. It's arguably worse than looking up Gardevoir on the internet...
Isn't there a "nsfw on" button on DeviantArt for that issue?

Also, if by chance you should take requests, I'd love to see Barbaracle, Aromatisse or Slurpuff FA :p

Robin Aisaga

@steffenka I've expanded my search beyond DeviantArt, but yeah I should definitely turn any NSFW button on... Unfortunately what has been seen cannot be unseen :eek:

I will consider those Pokémon, but probably won't be making them any time soon.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
@steffenka I've expanded my search beyond DeviantArt, but yeah I should definitely turn any NSFW button on... Unfortunately what has been seen cannot be unseen :eek:

I will consider those Pokémon, but probably won't be making them any time soon.
Haha I getcha! Hopefully you won't find any pictures that will scar you for life next time, but unfortunately (or fortunately for some) those kinds of art still exist soo, I'm crossing my fingers for you :p

And thanks! Can't wait to see them, once you've recovered from your countless traumatic experiences :p

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?

It is and I hate it.
Blehhhhhhhhhhh....

I have a picture you could use if you so choose, just say the word.