Discussion Ultra Sun/Moon Slooooow story

astro_gnat

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck."
The story seems to be slogging along compared to the last iteration. Is it just me or is anyone else feeling the same way? It seems like there is so much dialogue and boring fights.

Golden/Zoroark

Aspiring Trainer
Yes the fights are mostly repetition but with new Pokemon. There are one or two new fights like the (SPOILER WARNING) Necrozma Boss Battle but when you get to Ultra Space it is so worth the long story for.

Anime Psyclone

System Failure
And the original games were just as slow. Replay them. USUM seems about as slow. And still nothing to do after RR episode...

astro_gnat

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck."
Definitely agree that the end game is better in USUM so more worth the wait. The only way I get through it is playing on the train to/from work, which I can't complain too much about :D

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Yes sadly sense USUM went back to the old way of rehashing the story of the original versions with an added twist we have the issue of it feeling it's just be done and it's not like Pokemon stories are overly deep.

Truly I miss gen 5 the story was much better and bw2 were sequals not redo's. I wish things could go back to that but gen 6 and 7 felt more like quick cash grabs were they overdid a new gimmick but forgot to add story and more than a few "real" new Pokemon.