Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

Mr. Mirek

Aspiring Trainer
Just keep in mind that this and sea of nothingness are both stadiums, hence only one at a time ^^; (Sorry if I'm stating the obvious)

Oh yes, I am totally aware. I figure both stadiums in the deck will give you diversity in which one you use. Wela Volcano Park will not hold a burn when opponent is evolving. So Sea of Nothingness against evolution decks. and Wela Volcano Park for Basic or fully evolved decks later in the match.

Just some thoughts

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
I think Stadiums are usually more useful when you get the benefit right as you play them, like Altar of the Moone and Parallel City. I feel like whenever the burn gets the extra 20 damage or not, this stadium is more likely to get field blown or someone just puts down another stadium. I guess if you're desperate to get that 20 extra possible damage then maybe this gets play in a single specific deck, but if Sea of Nothingness has yet to see play, then that answers any question I had about this card's playability.

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
WHOOHOO. Garchomp/Altaria is back in business being a budget deck that all of us like saying is good but probably never actually play!

HUZZAH!

Seriously though, I very much approve of this. It's a shame that Dragonite is not that good and Zinnia is so situational. But hey, I now get assurance that my troll Rainbow Energy reliant decks aren't going anywhere.

Jpkemperor

Deck Builder and Researcher
Zinnia with energy retrieval does help dragons a lot. If we also had double dragon energy dragons could actually be a little broken.

DXM147

Gregghead
Why did they change Dragonite's attack energy requirements from Grass/Electric to Water/Electric? Are they no longer using the Pokemon's colors for attack types?

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
That's three playable Fire based cards now. At this rate, there could be a playable Fire deck in 2022 Expanded!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Oh boy oh boy!

Dragonite:
For 3 colorless? Yes sir! On a stage 2? Nah.

White Kyurem GX:
No, no.

Zinnia:
Yes YESSSSSSS! This is quite good!

Altaria:
Oh boy.
The Bird is Back.

Hmm, all this Dragon Support, and what Pokémon do she know throne a dragon?
Goomy, Sliggoo, and Goodra you say?
Hm.

Grimxcore

Budding Professor
1 energy for 70, someone get Charizard in here to learn a few things. I like Dragonite. Altaria is nice. Gonna be like everyone else though and say we really need a DDE reprint for these to see more love though.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
I do expect that Cloud Chicken’s ability stacks, right? Because if it does, Ultra Prism Goomy can hit for 160 for a DCE with four Altaria on the bench, Devoured Field, 40 damage on it and a Choice Band. :D

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
I'm confused by Altaria. What's the point in making a card that trash. Like hell, It's unbelievably horrible, damn.
Altaria's main use is its ability to increase the damage Dragon Pokemon inflict. The Altaria from Dragons Exalted saw a degree of play for the exact same reason with the Mach Cut Garchomp.
WHOOHOO. Garchomp/Altaria is back in business being a budget deck that all of us like saying is good but probably never actually play!

HUZZAH!

Seriously though, I very much approve of this. It's a shame that Dragonite is not that good and Zinnia is so situational. But hey, I now get assurance that my troll Rainbow Energy reliant decks aren't going anywhere.
I think Dragonite is alright. 70 damage for a single energy is cool and with the damage modifiers from Devoured Field, the aforementioned Altaria, and Choice Band, it can 2HKO pretty much anything. It can even use Max Potion to increase its tankiness further.

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
Altaria's main use is its ability to increase the damage Dragon Pokemon inflict. The Altaria from Dragons Exalted saw a degree of play for the exact same reason with the Mach Cut Garchomp.
There is that, but there's also the fact that 20 damage is basically nothing, should probably be 30. Also, they could've just latched the ability onto a card that's playable outside of the ability, like that card is literally just an ability, it does like no damage and has pretty much no HP when compared to Stage 1's now. Idk I just don't see the point in making a garbage Gen 2 level card with an almost half decent ability, like if they're gonna make a useful card they should make it fully useful instead of half-assing it.