Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
This Dragon support is nice but I don't think Dragonite GX is that good. Although Dragonporter is an amazing attack for setting up, it needs 3 Energy and being a Stage 2 Pokémon defeats the point of setting up. A lot of GX attacks can easily take 2 Prize cards but Dragonporter doesn't even do damage, I'm afraid it's just too slow. (Naganadel's Stinger GX can instantly make a difference of 7 Prize cards) I don't see much synergy with the first attacks either.

I'm more interested to try the new Dragon support with Noivern GX. Consistent Energy attachment and a damage boost is exactly what the deck was missing. I have faith Noivern will have a place together with the new Noibat that can discard all items from your opponent's hand.

Last edited:

SharKing

I won't bite... much.
I need to touch on Dragonite-GX's Dragonporter GX attack. Pay close attention to this text:

"Put 3 [N] Pokémon from your discard pile onto your Bench."​

Note that it doesn't say "basic [N] Pokémon". Yes, this is like Archie and Maxie for Dragons - it lets you put evolved Dragons on your Bench, such as Altaria and other Dragonite-GX, which I think is pretty cool.

I believe it'll mainly, perhaps only, be used in dedicated Dragonite-GX decks, but it could really help in those.

Mr. Mirek

Aspiring Trainer
Nice! Perhaps Burn tactics and decks will become even more popular!

*Called the translation!!! :)

This card and Sea of Nothingness along with Infernape and Salazzle sounds fun!

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Finally, some good dragon support! Noivern gets a boost from Zinnia and Altaria, and Dragonite could be really good with SUM Dragonair & Zinnia to set up quick Giga Impacts, or you could go a Max Potion spam route with the first attack and some Altarias. And the GX attack is also amazing for setup. All in all, this is a step towards the support Dragon needs which makes me happy. :)

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Nice! Perhaps Burn tactics and decks will become even more popular!

*Called the translation!!! :)

This card and Sea of Nothingness along with Infernape and Salazzle sounds fun!
Just keep in mind that this and sea of nothingness are both stadiums, hence only one at a time ^^; (Sorry if I'm stating the obvious)

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
I'm confused by Altaria. What's the point in making a card that trash. Like hell, It's unbelievably horrible, damn.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
The more I think about Dragonite the less I like trying to play fluffychomp with it. I think the play is to run it with Rimbombee, use an early dragonporter to load your bench with more Dragonites (the only problem is quickly getting them in discard w/o compressors), makes Super Boost Energy easier to activate to boot. IF you can get a t2 dragonite and Dragonporter off the deck actually sets up very fast. Zoroark is also a potential partner Zoroark/Garde style since you'll run DCE. We'll see what Lance does and if that claw looking card is Dragon Claw.

Noivern is probably the bigger beneficiary from Altaria since it allows you to take Distortion to 2HKO range on most of the game and can potentially boost its chaos wheel clone to OHKO territory on Zoroark with a choice band. Can't think of a bigger FU to that deck than the ability to hit 210 damage while also locking special energy attachment.