Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Is Dairy weakness a typo or am I missing something? Also, cheap attacks with altaria were pretty good in the past, w-kyurem altaria may be a really interesting deck
He mistyped the Ultra Prism Dragons' weaknesses as "Dairy" instead of "Fairy". It's since become a running joke.

Sheimeix

Aspiring Trainer
Dragon being dictated as [N] always messes me up orz

Kind of wish Zinnia was worse bc her FA is probably going to be ~10 bucks or so... Kind of glad it's good so I can -use- an FA of her in some decks. If Dragons are ever actually good, that is.

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
So if your opponent knocks your pokemon out, you can play Zinnia on both your turns if you use Dialga's GX move because it says your opponent's last turn?

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Glad to see the one thing we didn't see about Dragonite; it's GX attack, and it's alright. I don't think it'll see much play if Ho-oh's GX attack didn't see play at all, but hey the option's there. We knew that it beats face with tons of energy on it, and with SUM Dragonair that will be a super nice strategy.

I wanna see DDE get a reprint, and THEN I will talk about White Kyurem-GX's viability.

FIGHT SONG Altaria!? I honestly did not see that one coming. Maybe if I gave the Dragon Storm spoilers a better look but I didn't expect Altaria to have the same exact ability! (But different attack, so the previous Altaria isn't considered a reprint). It was good back then, it'll be good back in Standard. I'm not exactly sure what it will be precisely used in (probably not every single dragon deck considering this thing is a stage 1, nowhere near splashable like Zoroark-GX, maybe as a 1-1 or 2-2 line to fix Dragonite's numbers without a band, or both to hit 250 HP Pokémon), but it'll be good once more, I'm sure of it.

Eh, I'm honestly not to excited about Zinnia. You can try to convince me otherwise, but attaching 2 energies from the hand and not the discard pile I don't think will be worth my supporter for the turn over a turn 1 Brigette or typical draw supporter. Not a fan to be honest.

Rainbow Energy gets a reprint to ensure that will not rotate even after the next format, SM-on. Yay.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder what 1st stage or 2nd stage [N] evo's we will get with this set, since Dragonite's Gx can just put directly on the bench kind like archie/maxie support card use to do, interesting potential and not too high cost for the attack.

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
i dunno i feel zinnia actually gives dragon pokemon a fighting chance. allows you to set one up in one turn.

But it also takes up your Supporter for the turn and requires those Energy to be in hand. The new Dragons need to be set up quickly in order to work which means either playing down Brigette or using draw Supporters to thin the deck, in this format you don't have time to mess around with situational Supporters.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Dragonite is actually pretty good. Has all of the tools it needs to set itself up. 3 Altaria and a choice band puts you to 160 for L. 4 takes you to the 180 mark for L. With a good one attachment, and one basic attachment at that attack, you can abuse max potions and your 250hp all day.

That, and if you Zinnia, you can get a Giga Impact in one turn if you have L/W in hand. Could even use something like a professor's letter to get them and Lele for Zinnia, order pad is a potential, though janky way to increase the chance you can have one on a given turn. Or better yet run Ribombee if you have the bench space.

Zinnia is also very good for Noivern which got the buff with the normal type Noibat. Noivern/Garb is actually on the table now imo.

Kyurem is a disappointment of course, but Dragonite went better than expected!
Lele: How about me? I made a very important role in this game.

• Dragonite-GX - Giga Impact is fun to use it can deal 230-270 enough to OHKO everything even not hit for weakness, good w/ Expanded especially DDE is a thing. In standard, can be. The GX atk makes it only restricted to N decks alone. Good to spam Altarias. Lele will be sad tho. I plan to run 4 SUM Dratini, 2 Dragon's Wish Dragonair, and 3 El Dragonite-GX. Dragon's Wish makes a Dragonite deck a thing. 4-5 Geodudes
  • Altaria - *This is my Fight Song...* Yup. DRX Altaria is back. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Zinnia - Same primary effect as Dianthia, but Energy Accel is A-Ok for me. 3-4 Geodudes
  • White Kyurem-GX - Not as impressive as Dragonite. You not even hit for Weakness though. If you survive Riotous Beating, OK. It's fine for me. GX atk? Eeeewww. For 4 energy? What a waste. 2 Geodudes

NeedleKingSR

Night March is overrated
Why is no one mentioning the fact that Dragonite GX + Altaria can get set up instantaneously with Dragonite's GX?

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
It's pretty neat but I think it could only see tournament play with Palkia GX right now
i dunno palkia's gx can't be set up in one turn, and the first attack even with 3 energy is pretty lackluster. much better to set up a dragonite instead. by that point. 2 energies and the manual DCE attachment.

Dappermeetrey

Serendipititis
Advanced Member
There's always the 2nd half of the set for the opportunity of DDE. I'm also hoping for a Full Art Rainbow Energy.

DeadlyBee111

Aspiring Trainer
Dragonite gx : get 3 other dragonite out also there is a decent dragonair nuke chaining seems really hard still. If the format is still slower u could try a dragon claw max potion variant with altarias.

I love white kyreum its kinda drampa that hits for 160 insteas of 150 but with 3 energies unit rgw helps alot but not dce us hard also 1 altaria makes it hit 210
Zinnia will help alot for that too but makes rainbow/unit kinda meh