Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: March 2018 - Luck ~ Both Portions Up!

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Here's my entry!

Chandelure GX/Fire/200 HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Lampent

[Ability] Soul Burning
When your opponent plays a Supporter card from their hand, you may flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's active Pokémon is now Burned.

[R][R][R] Cascading Flame 50+
Discard a card from the top of your deck for each of your [R] type Pokémon in play. This attack does 50 more damage for each [R] energy discarded in this way.

[R][R] Inferno Torrent GX
This attack does 50 damage to all Pokémon in play (Except [R] type Pokémon). (You can't use more than one GX attack in a game)

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

Hope you like it!

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
OK, here it comes! My (actually luck-based) entry:
Rampardos-Fighting-HP150
Stage 2-Evolves from Cranidos

[C] Stealth Rock
During your opponent's next turn, whenever your opponent plays a card from their hand, your opponent flips a coin. If tails, put 3 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Pokemon.

[F][F][F] Giga Impact 150
This Pokemon can't attack during your next turn.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C][C][C]
A cool flip-based attack I thought of that is ACTUALLY based on luck and doesn't involve a stupid anime reference.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
With all the sign-ups for both Text-based and Image-based fakes, I think it's safe to say that the contest ITSELF was extremely LUCKY to have a massive turnout, with only three or four spaces left for Image-based.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I'm gonna be busy for the rest of this month so I'm getting this out of the way now.

XPOO4Wr.png

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
Here's my entry for this month. I had a lot of fun making it and tried some new things this time around (though the art is 2D, 3D rendering was still a huge part in it's creation and I like the new result).

EbXefaj.jpg

References:
Final Ties - Mew Prime
Cast Away - Slowking Prime, Cinccino CRI, Acro Bike

With the return of the lost zone I've longed to see a new version of Mew Prime, and though it was difficult to both incorporate the theme and make it unique from the original I think I succeeded more-so than I expected. I do realise free attacks are currently restricted to Alolan Pokémon only, but I decided it worked here simply for Mew being a Prism Pokémon, Cast Away not being an incredibly strong attack (as well as Mew being frail) and the easy excuse that Mew shares genes with all Pokémon (including Alolan Pokémon). All in all a good, fun month and I'm happy with my entry :)

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
Breaking News; there has been an errata to Giratina ♢ from February CaC (Just so this card isn't broken too)!
Arceus PRISM STAR
♢ Rule: You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card is discarded, put it in the Lost Zone.
100 HP
[C] Type
Ability: Otherworldly Blessing
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a card from your hand. If you do, the attacks of your Pokémon do 20 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).
[C] Pure Spark 10
Search your deck for an Giratina♢ that has the attack Distortion Pulse and put it on this card. This Pokémon gets 100+ HP and can use the attacks and abilities of Giratina♢. This Pokémon retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of Arceus♢. If this Pokémon is Knocked Out on your Bench, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards. If this Pokémon is Knocked Out in the active position, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
[C][C] Thousand Arrows of Pain and Life 10+
Discard a Basic Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you can't discard a Basic Energy, this attack does nothing. Choose as many Pokémon on your or your opponent’s bench. Flip a coin for each benched Pokémon you choose in this way. If you flip more heads than tails, then put 2 damage counters on each of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon. This attack does 50 more damage. If you flip more tails than heads, put 1 damage counter on all your Pokémon. This attack does 10 more damage. If your flip the same number of heads and tails, devolve one of your opponent's evolved Pokémon and put the highest Stage Evolution card on it into your opponent's discard. This attack does no damage.
Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

References:
Zoroark GX
Regirock EX
Giratina♢ from CaC Feb
Lugia (Plasma) EX
Espeon EX
Trevenant BREAK
Rainbow Energy
Giratina♢ ULP
Roselia ULP

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Here it is! Hope everyone enjoys!

Escavalier//Grass//130
Stage 1 - evolves from Karrablast

Ability - Striking Steel
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn (before you attack), you may discard the bottom card of either players deck. If that card is a [M] energy, you may put 1 card from your opponent's discard pile in the Lost Zone.

[G][G] Call to Arms 120
Search your deck for a Pokémon, put it face down in front of you, and tell your opponent the name of one of its attacks. Your opponent guesses the name of that Pokémon. Reveal that Pokémon. If your opponent guessed right, this attack does nothing. Then, shuffle that Pokémon back into your deck.

Weakness - fire x2
Resistance -
Retreat - [C][C]
Dex: Wearing the shell covering they stole from Shelmet, they defend themselves and attack with two lances.

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
*a screaming bird appears*

"It's dangerous to celebrate your birdday alone, here, take this."
Pidove / Basic / HP: 60 / Colorless

519.png

[ NO. 519 | Tiny Pigeon Pokémon | HT: 1'00" | WT: 4.6 lbs ]

[Ability] Bird's Luck
If your Active Pokémon has [F] Resistance, each of that Pokémon's attacks do 10 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[C] Birdday Celebration
Flip a coin. If heads, draw a card for each Pokémon that has [F] Resistance on your Bench.

Weakness: [L] x2
Resistance: [F] -20
Retreat Cost: [C]

[Dex Entry: This very forgetful Pokémon nearly forgot to make his CaC on his special day. This is one of the many reasons why Ashe exists.]
CaC Promo 03/18

EDIT: spoiler failed, I'll take the -2 points if I really need to. I'm now going for those -50 editing points if that's a thing.

Last edited:

TheKangaskhanKid

Runs Alolan Ninetales
Advanced Member
Alright! I finally got mine done! Took me long enough...

UIQqW0e.png

Inspiration:
The main inspiration for this card is the number 210, because in the meta right now, that's the magic number to hit to take knockouts. Lookin at you, Zoroark-GX.

Also the fact that I love Delphox.

Hope you all enjoy, and good luck!

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Cathy's Meowth [C] HP: 60
Basic Pokémon

meowth.gif

#052 Scratch Cat Pokémon | 1'04" | 9.3 lbs.
Ability: Cat Meeting
When you place Cathy's Meowth down as a Benched Pokémon (excluding on your first turn), you may use this Ability. Search your Deck for as many Cathy's Meowth in your Deck, show them to your opponent, and place them in your hand. Shuffle your Deck afterwards.

[C] Golden Coins for Meowth
Place 1 Golden Coin Counter on this Pokémon. For each Golden Coin Counter on this Pokémon, you may re-flip a coin flip once per attack. There cannot be more than 7 Gold Coin Counters on this card.

[C] [C] Beckoning Paw 20x
Flip a coin for each Gold Coin Counter on this Pokémon. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads. For each heads, remove 1 Gold Coin Counter from this Pokémon.

Weakness - [F] x2
Resistance -
Retreat Cost - [C]
"Meowth seems to be one of the only ones who truly understands me. We sometimes breath, and think, as one."

- Cat Meeting (Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL Anime Card; "Cat Meeting" Ability)
- Gold Coins for Cats (Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL Anime Card; "Gold Coins for Meowth" Attack)

I'm taking some major liberties with this one. This is the first time I'm taking references from something other than Pokémon, this time being Yu-Gi-Oh, and Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL. Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL was the fourth anime arc for the Yu-Gi-Oh! card game and featured a character by the name of Cathy Katherine. As her name implies, she dresses like a catgirl and can communicate with cats. So, obviously Meowth is "the cat's meow" in this situation! Meowth's Ability is a reference to an anime-exclusive card that allowed swarming of Cathy's "Cat Girl" monsters when activated; but the Ability here is more streamlined. It then allows you to then place them all down at once instead of one per turn.

Now onto the two attacks; "Golden Coins for Cats" is a slightly altered version of another anime-exclusive card called "Gold Coins for Cats". Meowth, as a species are known to covet and collect Gold Coins that they find around, and the Counters add a fun little luck gimmick to this Pokémon card. What's more luck-based than coin flips? Gold Coins for Cats allows per one attack, a reset of a single coin flip. (Also, slight of hand; I went with a max of 7 Counters. Lucky 7 amirite?) I only went with once per attack, instead of once per coin flip; as I thought the latter would make the attack too broken; especially considering we're dealing with a Basic Pokémon here. A Basic Pokémon that could possibly deal 140 damage per attack before any buffs. "Beckoning Paw" is the main attacking move for this card. Meowth is based off the Maneki-neko, and using the good luck charms in the Gold Coin Counters, launches the gold coins at its foe. It can constantly recycle its Counters with its first attack; as with each heads flipped, a Counter gets removed. Couple this attack with Gold Coins for Cats; and you could be well on your way to a purr-fect victory!

Also; I took a major liberty with the Pokédex flavor. Instead of being a normal Dex entry; the entry is written from Cathy's perspective. About how she was an outcast, and the only ones she seemed to know that understood her where the cats she hung around with. However, she became friends with ZEXAL's main protagonist and his friends and wasn't so alone in the world as she first thought.

latest

I wonder if I'm actually going to be scrutinized because I went with a Yu-Gi-Oh! reference this time...XD

EDIT: Edited. (-2 points)

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
If you're in the text-based portion and think you may not be able to complete your card by the deadline, you have 24 hours remaining to drop out without incurring a penalty!