Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

fluffy_trex

Delcatty lady
I find it quite curious that both the art and the attacks on the GX cards of Articuno and Salamence resemble the art and attacks of their old ex cards. Kinda a cool throwback!

Zzrrdd

Aspiring Trainer
Interesting. Can't comment about their viability til the unreadable effects are revealed. Artwork is really nice on all of these

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
Yay for more useless dragons! Seriously, just when you think Pokemon finally figured out that dual type attacks are why dragons don't see play, they go and release kommo-o level dragon attack costs giving all the nostalgia peeps another garbage chase card that is instant binder fodder for the rest of the world.

Stark Maximum

Aspiring Trainer
Can you use both one readable and one unreadable GX attack in a game? If my GX attack is unreadable am I allowed to make up what I feel is a fitting effect if my opponent agrees?

BENDsli

Aspiring Trainer
Dragonite using water energy? What? Dragonite has been grass and lightening in the past, I wonder what the switch it all about

King Quagsire

Ruler of Route 212, Scourge of the swamp
I don't like that Dragonite uses [W] and [L] energy. You cant even use it with the [G] and [L] ones.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Dragonite using water energy? What? Dragonite has been grass and lightening in the past, I wonder what the switch it all about
Guessing it's because that Dragonite and its pre evolutions are more associated with water than grass (they don't get Grass moves at all, while they learn a buttload of Water moves). Have mixed feelings about the change because Kingdra is the other Dragon Pokemon that uses Water and Electric energy for its attacks.

I'm guessing it's official: all Dragon Pokemon are lactose intolerant.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
My new deck is Articuno-GX for sure. Hell yes I've been waiting so long for this card to come back!

BENDsli

Aspiring Trainer
Guessing it's because that Dragonite and its pre evolutions are more associated with water than grass (they don't get Grass moves at all, while they learn a buttload of Water moves). Have mixed feelings about the change because Kingdra is the other Dragon Pokemon that uses Water and Electric energy for its attacks.

I'm guessing it's official: all Dragon Pokemon are lactose intolerant.

Kingdra and Black Kyurem

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
So if we assume all the GX cards from Champion Road are inspired by old ex cards, based on the booster pack we could be getting "reprints" of Blaziken ex from EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua or EX Crystal Guardians, Mr. Mime and Electrode ex from EX FireRed and LeafGreen, Feraligatr and Scisor from EX Unseen Forces and/or Banette from EX Legend Maker. Only time will tell!

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
So if we assume all the GX cards from Champion Road are inspired by old ex cards, based on the booster pack we could be getting "reprints" of Blaziken ex from EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua or EX Crystal Guardians, Mr. Mime and Electrode ex from EX FireRed and LeafGreen, Feraligatr and Scisor from EX Unseen Forces and/or Banette from EX Legend Maker. Only time will tell!
If Mr Mime GX is a thing and has an ability, I wonder if it'll get Magic Odds or Magic Evens? (Since there were 2 Mr Mime ex in FRLG)

Weavile04

Professional Dark-Type User
I've never been a huge fan of dragon-type exs/gxs because of how much energy they require, but these actually seem alright. I'm just waiting on pics of their full arts...