Discussion Funnest decks for blowing stuff up.

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Ok. we all love our strategy, our serious decks, for when we really want to win. However, sometimes you just feel like blowing stuff up. Admit it, you like seeing those big numbers. Whether it's the PTCGO putting a big fat number on the defending Pokemon or getting to announce the amount of damage you just did to your opponent, we all have some fond memories of just simply deleting things.

I made this thread hoping we could just share funny stories/decks that are just way too overkill. Personally, I occasionally tech in a 1-1 M CHarizard Y from Flashfire and a Protection Cube into my Fairy Box deck for the express purpose of when I think my opponent doesn't have a very god deck, so I can swag on people. I also have a M Tyranitar EX/Bats deck on the PTCGO that is really bad but a TON of fun. When you get to two-shot things you just get this feeling of complete and utter satisfaction. A Destroyer King on a Pokemon that already got hit by a Destroyer King last turn does 110+(60x11), or 770, damage. Slap on a Crobat before you attack and you're hitting for 950. It's truly beautiful.

Also, maybe this should be a different thread altogether, but it's very similar. What do you guys think is the most damage possible in a single attack? The biggest I can think of is a deck of just a M Mewtwo EX (Y version), the Gardevoir that doubles psychic energy against a deck of another energy doubling Gardevoir and the Allergy Panic Vileplume. If you just attached once per turn, you would have unattached energy when your deck runs out (since you draw seven cards at start plus the one from starting your turn and can only play one energy per turn, you'd still have two energy left over at the end), so there would have to be one Maintenance in each deck, and they could shuffle in Pokemon to dilute the deck and give them turns to attach.
Since there would be 48 energy on both active Pokemon (60 minus the six prize cards, five Pokemon, and one Maintenance), then it would count as 96 energy on both active pokemon because of Gardevoir. Since then there would be 192 energy total on both active Pokemon, M Mewtwo EX would do 10+(192x30) damage. This is 5770 damage. Multiplied by 4 for the weakness, it becomes 23080 damage. That's the highest damage I could think of.

Sorry if I kinda went off on a tangent there! I was getting into it, and wanted to know exactly how much damage it would result in.

Nytttt

Volcanion Trainer
The most for no opponent support or tech support is M Charizard from gens, if u have max energy(57), 1 prize, and hit 57 heads. So 100+(57x50)=2450 damage
Highly unlikely but we all only talking theoretically

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
The most for no opponent support or tech support is M Charizard from gens, if u have max energy(57), 1 prize, and hit 57 heads. So 100+(57x50)=2450 damage
Wow, that's a lot. I guess if we really wanted to be cheap, we could just say one of the many continuous tumble attacks hits an infinite number of heads, so the max damage is infinite, but that's kinda cheating.

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Wobbuffet (BRS) is a beast with Alolan Dugtrio (SUM). I once hit a Garbodor for 800 damage.
Nice. Now I'm imagining having 4 Alolan Dugtrio with 4 Team Aqua's Muk (or any of the other Pokemon that increase retreat).

Also, which Wobuffet are you referring to, exactly? I assume it's attack scales off of retreat cost, but couldn't find the actual card, and have never seen the abbreviation BRS. I probably just look like a complete fool, and I apologize for that, but I was just curious.

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
Very nice idea, one problem. Mewtwo's attack specifically states that it doesnt hit for weakness (like tapu lele) so vileplume would be useless. What you could do is play Gardevoir GX instead, seeing as you're already playing Gardevoir that doubles energy, and play Florges from Breakthrough so Gardy can attack without needing to have a fairy energy attached. You could also still play Allergy Panic Vileplume here if you wanted and maybe throw in an item lock one while you're at it because why not? I can see it now: Gardevoir/Vileplume. You have really interested me here and I will try and think up a list for it in my spare time (I have a lot right now as it is Valentine's day and I don't have anyone to spend it with :() I'll put it in the deck garage for you if you want.

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Very nice idea, one problem. Mewtwo's attack specifically states that it doesnt hit for weakness (like tapu lele) so vileplume would be useless. What you could do is play Gardevoir GX instead, seeing as you're already playing Gardevoir that doubles energy, and play Florges from Breakthrough so Gardy can attack without needing to have a fairy energy attached. You could also still play Allergy Panic Vileplume here if you wanted and maybe throw in an item lock one while you're at it because why not? I can see it now: Gardevoir/Vileplume. You have really interested me here and I will try and think up a list for it in my spare time (I have a lot right now as it is Valentine's day and I don't have anyone to spend it with :() I'll put it in the deck garage for you if you want.
Oh, I completely forgot about not hitting for weakness. The deck does look like fun, though. I've found out that I'm getting a winter break next week for some reason, so I should be able to work on lists then.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer

I know you likely deliberately discounted flip-until-tails attacks from your point and all, but even without INFINITE heads, 57 heads on Steelix EX would still outdamage this, so I think it's fair to consider that. (And would allow for many more damage boosters as well, since you only need 5 energy.) I should also point out that if you discount coin flips, Pikachu EX and (in Expanded) Camerupt EX are only 50 damage behind (allowing for the 1 extra Energy Card from them being Basic) without having to flip any. (Alolan Golem also outdamages Charizard, as do several Pokemon in Expanded, but they don't come CLOSE to the following...)

But there's definitely been advancements since you came to that conclusion. Alolan Exeggutor plus Shining Legends Venusaur, with 1 prize (so 6 cards), with 54 basic Grass energy attached with 108 heads would be 8640 damage. Doing the same with Lurantis-GX's GX attack will result in 5400 damage with no coin flips.

(Also, your math was wrong on M Charizard. That would be 2950 damage.)

Should point out it's probably possible to deal infinite damage without flip-until-tails cards in Unlimited with little opponent involvement via building up the opponent's prizes with Dialga/Palkia Legend, forcing them to take them (via things that knock themselves out with abilities, etc.), and one of the countless cards like Flashfire Luxio that counts opponent's prizes taken. You could also likely just infinitely loop Pluspowers somehow, come to think of it, too.

Last edited:

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
I know you likely deliberately discounted flip-until-tails attacks from your point and all, but even without INFINITE heads, 57 heads on Steelix EX would still outdamage this, so I think it's fair to consider that. (And would allow for many more damage boosters as well, since you only need 5 energy.) I should also point out that if you discount coin flips, Pikachu EX and (in Expanded) Camerupt EX are only 50 damage behind (allowing for the 1 extra Energy Card from them being Basic) without having to flip any. (Alolan Golem also outdamages Charizard, as do several Pokemon in Expanded, but they don't come CLOSE to the following...)

But there's definitely been advancements since you came to that conclusion. Alolan Exeggutor plus Shining Legends Venusaur, with 1 prize (so 6 cards), with 54 basic Grass energy attached with 108 heads would be 8640 damage. Doing the same with Lurantis-GX's GX attack will result in 5400 damage with no coin flips.

(Also, your math was wrong on M Charizard. That would be 2950 damage.)

Should point out it's probably possible to deal infinite damage without flip-until-tails cards in Unlimited with little opponent involvement via building up the opponent's prizes with Dialga/Palkia Legend, forcing them to take them (via things that knock themselves out with abilities, etc.), and one of the countless cards like Flashfire Luxio that counts opponent's prizes taken. You could also likely just infinitely loop Pluspowers somehow, come to think of it, too.
While I am definitely no expert in unlimited (nobody really is. It's one of those things that's impossible to truly master), I don't know of too many things that deal unlimited damage. That prize card method you just mentioned could work. If you could ability damage, you could always use Broken Time Space/Crobat/Porygon2/Trump Card cycle, which can do insane damage really early. I personally have done around 1000 damage turn one with that, but (as long as you don't dead draw) you could technically do an unlimited amount of damage, limited only by the amount of hp the opposing Pokemon have, since then you would win the game.

Also, we need to keep in mind that decks that stack energy cannot actually have all the energy in the deck attached to them. With M Charizard, you would have 57 energy in your deck, but could only attach 47 of them. Since you draw seven and then put out six prize cards, you only get 47 turns before you deck out. Also, obviously one of the prized energy has to stay prized, since otherwise you win the game. You could play ways to make you shuffle in, but you could never get to using all the energy. If you used a Maintenance to shuffle in two Pokemon, you give yourself a couple extra turns, so you could play three more energy (one because of the net change in your deck, two because two turns you'll top deck a Pokemon, which gives you a turn to attach energy already in your hand).

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
While I am definitely no expert in unlimited (nobody really is. It's one of those things that's impossible to truly master), I don't know of too many things that deal unlimited damage. That prize card method you just mentioned could work. If you could ability damage, you could always use Broken Time Space/Crobat/Porygon2/Trump Card cycle, which can do insane damage really early. I personally have done around 1000 damage turn one with that, but (as long as you don't dead draw) you could technically do an unlimited amount of damage, limited only by the amount of hp the opposing Pokemon have, since then you would win the game.

Also, we need to keep in mind that decks that stack energy cannot actually have all the energy in the deck attached to them. With M Charizard, you would have 57 energy in your deck, but could only attach 47 of them. Since you draw seven and then put out six prize cards, you only get 47 turns before you deck out. Also, obviously one of the prized energy has to stay prized, since otherwise you win the game. You could play ways to make you shuffle in, but you could never get to using all the energy. If you used a Maintenance to shuffle in two Pokemon, you give yourself a couple extra turns, so you could play three more energy (one because of the net change in your deck, two because two turns you'll top deck a Pokemon, which gives you a turn to attach energy already in your hand).
It's possible to get all but one energy in play so long as your opponent n's you to one then uses a item/ability/attack that shuffles the last card in

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
It's possible to get all but one energy in play so long as your opponent n's you to one then uses a item/ability/attack that shuffles the last card in
Fair enough. I forgot about that. Plus, I'm never really sure if people are fine with the opponent's help or not. If it is, then I would say Gardevoir GX/ Psychich Gardevoir/ Allergy Shock Vileplume would be one of the highest. If not, then these are probably better options.