• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metal Fortress (Dusk Mane Necrozma / Magnezone / friends)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
METAL FORTRESS

Pokémon (14):

• 3 Dusk Necrozma GX (beatdown)
  • 1 Solgaleo Prism (beatdown)
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX (beatdown)
  • 3 Magnezone (accelerate)
  • 1 Magneton (evolution)
  • 3 Magnemite (evolve)
  • 1 Cobalion (cleaner)
Trainer (34):
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 2 Bridgette (search)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 3 Cynthia (draw)
  • 3 N (draw)
  • 2 Fighting Fury Belt (beatdown)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 2 Professor's Letter (search)
  • 2 Field Blower (discard)
  • 4 Rare Candy (evolve)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 4 Mt. Coronet (retrieval)
Energy (12):
  • 12 Metal Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with either Magnemite or Dusk Mane Necrozma GX and use Bridgette to bench two Magnemite and another attacker. Next turn evolve Magnemite into Magnezone with Rare Candy. Use Magnezone to deluge Basic Metal Energy onto Dusk Mane Necrozma GX and start to attack. Retrieve discarded Basic Metal Energy with Mt. Coronet and Energy Retrieval. The former one can also be retrieved with Lusamine. Solgaleo Prism Star is used as an alternate attacker and to re-attach Basic Metal onto Cobalion and Dusk Mane Necrozma GX.

Last edited:

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi folks,

Would be interested in comments on this deck. Do not want to include Dialga GX since it did not work that well in several test runs.

DLyne

OG TRAINER, DECK CONSTRUCTION GURU
What about adding in Starmie? Space Beacon to get 2x more Metal energys so in combination with Mt. Coronet, you can get 4x a turn...

then you could:
- 1 energy retrival
+1 professor's letter

Any way you could get another Bridgette in? until now, i've always ran 1x in a deck but there that risk of loseing it to prizes... Gladion?

And maybe replace a choice band or add in Fighting fury belts?

Just some ideas but I'm sure this will end up being one of the next big Meta decks.... good build so far... i like it.

DLyne

OG TRAINER, DECK CONSTRUCTION GURU
And what about Cyrus Prism? forgot to add him to my sugesstions....

The Golden Mewtwo

Currently crying because I'm a 16 year old senior
If your going to play choice band, only play one because you are already doing 220 and most meta pokemon have 210 or less. Dont even say, what about garde. One word, Weakness. 250 is a bit overkill but in some situations, they have bodybuilding dumbells or something but you dont really need 2. Honesty, I’d run FFB instead

The Golden Mewtwo

Also, most games you will only need one-two dank meme necrozmas (lol). You don’t really need 3. Also I run at least 1 Gladion in every list I run because it is so op in most situations.

The Golden Mewtwo

What about adding in Starmie? Space Beacon to get 2x more Metal energys so in combination with Mt. Coronet, you can get 4x a turn...

then you could:
- 1 energy retrival
+1 professor's letter

Any way you could get another Bridgette in? until now, i've always ran 1x in a deck but there that risk of loseing it to prizes... Gladion?

And maybe replace a choice band or add in Fighting fury belts?

Just some ideas but I'm sure this will end up being one of the next big Meta decks.... good build so far... i like it.
Intresting addition. I might test that because it sounds very intriguing.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi DLyne,

Thanks for the review. Updated the list to show the variant I do ran at the moment. I decided to cut the retrievals and included a second letter to search out energies. I also included a second Brigette and a fourth Sycamore to have a stable search and draw engine. I switch between Fighting Fury Belts and Steel Frying Pan at the moment. I am not a fan of Cyrus Prism Star in most metal decks but he is a definitive inclusion in water decks that do not focus on Empoleon.

Hi Mario W,

Thanks for the review. It is Cobalion from Steam Siege.

Hi The Golden Mewtwo,

Thanks for the review. Have not updated the list for quite some time. I do switch between Fighting Fury Belt and Steel Frying Pan at the moment. I do like the third Dusk Mane Necrozma GX for consistency.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Have you tried using Mew FCO? I was toying with the idea of a psychic toolbox including Lunala Prism the other day and found out that Mew FCO was a very good addition.

You could possibly make Mew FCO your main attacker and make the deck rely on 1 prizes attacker instead. Since Solgaleo Prism goes into the Lost zone if he his KO, having Mew copying his ability instead would probably help safeguard that important card by keeping it on your bench instead of putting it into the active. And then, you would have a free retreat with Mew FCO right after it's used.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Have you tried using Mew FCO? I was toying with the idea of a psychic toolbox including Lunala Prism the other day and found out that Mew FCO was a very good addition.

You could possibly make Mew FCO your main attacker and make the deck rely on 1 prizes attacker instead. Since Solgaleo Prism goes into the Lost zone if he his KO, having Mew copying his ability instead would probably help safeguard that important card by keeping it on your bench instead of putting it into the active. And then, you would have a free retreat with Mew FCO right after it's used.

Hi Laurier_Ex,

Did not try it out thus far but I do like the idea.