Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: February 2018 - Create-A-Card Anniversary ~ All Results Up!

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Here's my Entry:
create_a_card_s_scizor_by_kangaflora-dc20lii.png

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Scizor ◇ HP: 170 - Steel
Basic

◇(Prism Star) Rule:
You can't have more than 1 ◇ card with the same name in your deck. If a ◇ would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

Ability: Steel Slash
Once during your turn, you may discard a special energy from your opponent's active Pokemon.

(S) Wing Buzz 30
At the end of your opponent's turn, this attack does 30 damage to one of your opponent's benched Pokemon (even if this Pokemon is knocked out)

Weakness: Fire
Resistance:
Retreat:[C]

Its wings are not used for flying. They are flapped at high speed to adjust its body temperature.

I had to edit because it kept creating slash through things

Last edited:

Nyora

A Cat
Necrozma-GX HP 180 Psychic
Basic Pokémon

/Ability/ ~ Prism Proxy
When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, you may use this Ability. Choose a Supporter card from your discard pile and use it as the effect of this Ability. If you do, your turn ends.

[C][C] Prismatic Portal 50
Shuffle as many cards from your discard pile into your deck as you like. For each card you shuffled into your deck, search your deck for a card and discard it. Then, shuffle your deck.

[P] Ultra Connection GX
Search your deck for as many Ultra Beast Pokémon as you like and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck. Then, put 4 damage counters on each Pokémon in play (except Ultra Beast Pokémon and Necrozma-GX). (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game)

When you’re Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Psychic x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2

Sup3rTaco

Aspiring Rayquaza
My entry

BASIC Ditto-GX HP 100 [P]

ditto.jpg

Ability - Imposter
Once per turn, if this Ditto is on your bench, you may switch this Pokémon with your active
Pokémon. If you do, then you may copy the type, weakness, resistance, and retreat cost, but not the HP, of one of your opponent's Pokémon.

[P][C] Mimic
Choose one of your opponent's Pokémon's attacks and use it as this attack.

[.] Replicate GX
For each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon, search your deck for a Basic Pokémon and put it on your bench. Shuffle your deck afterwards. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: 1

While maybe not the best card, it would most likely be used as a tech to bring put more Pokemon, like alolan vulpix.
To make it a little more playable, I would pair it with tools like:

Trainer Item
Metal Powder
Attach a Pokémon Tool to 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't already have a Pokémon Tool attached to it.

The Ditto this card is attached to gets +60 HP.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before you attack)

Trainer Item
Quick Powder
Attach a Pokémon Tool to 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't already have a Pokémon Tool attached to it.

The Ditto this card is attached to has no Retreat Cost.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before you attack).

I thought about changing the ability to copy any Pokemon in play and to be able to use the attacks of any Pokemon but combined with the GX attack, then maybe(?) it would be too overpowered if you ran a rainbow deck. Either way it would be fun to use different attack/type combinations in different games.

Also I was originally going to make this just a regular, non-GX card but decided to change it in the end to make it a little better. Originally the GX attack was going to be the same except you flipped a coin and if heads looked for a basic pokemon and added to your bench, instead of matching the number of your opponents benched pokemon. I also increased the HP from 60 to 100 because I didn't want it to be considered too weak of a GX Pokemon.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
My entry:
______'s Mimikyu – Fairy – HP70
Basic
Unknown.png

Ability: Knock-Off Gift
if it's your birthday, and any damage is done to this Pokémon by attacks, flip a coin. If heads, prevent that damage.
[Y][Y] Birthday Surprise Disguise 30+
If it's not your birthday, this attack does 30 damage. If it is your birthday, flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 damage plus 50 more damage; if tails, this attack does 30 damage.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: None
This special Mimikyu has traveled all the way from Alola to wish you a happy birthday.
Your Birthdate:_________________________

References:
_____'s Pikachu (Promo)-for the "Birthday Surprise attack" and for the "Your Birthdate:_______" text
Cinccino (NXD)- for "Knock-Off Gift"

Concept:
I wanted to make a card that referenced the anniversary. Since Mimikyu is wants to be loved like Pikachu and looks like Pikachu, he would be a perfect candidate. Obviously the card was heavily inspired by ____'s Pikachu (also known as Birthday Pikachu). As for the dex entry I wanted to put a special dex entry (along the lines of the BW Secret Rares. I wanted to make it similar to ___'s Pikachu's dex entry, but when that card was printed dex entries weren't featured on the card.

The Psychic Sorcerer

Aspiring Trainer
Bisharp ◇ – Dark – HP100
Stage 1 – Pawniard

Prism Star Rule: You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card is discarded, put it in the Lost Zone.

Ability: Final Blow
Whenever your active pokémon is damaged by an attack inflict 50 damage to your opponents active pokémon.

[C][C] Midday Wound 80
Inflict 50 damage to each non-dark type pokémon your opponent controls.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: [C] [C]
Num. 625 "It leads a group of Pawniard. It battles to become the boss, but will be driven from the group if it loses."

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Totally not predictable that I'd make a Kartana given the option to. ;)
Basic Kartana ◇ HP130[G] [Ultra Beast]

◇ (Prism star) rule
You can't have more than 1 ◇ card with the same name in your deck. If a ◇ card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

Ability Bamboo Hideaway
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may put a [G] Pokèmon from your hand into the Lost Zone. If you do, switch your Active Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokèmon. If any damage is done to your new Active Pokémon by attacks during your opponent's next turn, flip a coin. If heads, prevent that damage.

[G] Composting
Put up to 2 of your Benched [G] Pokémon into the Lost Zone. Then, search your deck for a [G] Pokémon and put it onto your Bench for each [G] Pokèmon in the Lost Zone.

Weakness: [R]x2 Resistance: Retreat:
One of the Ultra Beast life-forms, it was observed cutting down a gigantic steel tower with one stroke of its blade.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Dusknoir ◇ //Psychic//160 HP
Basic

dusknoir.png
◇ (Prism star) rule
You can't have more than 1 ◇ card with the same name in your deck. If a ◇ card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

Ability: Ghostly Interference
Your opponent can't have more than 6 cards in their hand. If they have 7 or more cards in their hand, they discard cards until they have 6 cards left in their hand.

[P][P][P] Disruptive Guide
Discard the top card of each players deck for each damage counter on this Pokémon. This Pokémon is now Knocked Out.

Weakness - Dark x2
Resistance - Fighting -20
Retreat - [C][C]
Dex: It is said to take lost spirits into its pliant body and guide them home.

Sudowoodo Guardians Rising, Salamence Dragon Vault, Tauros GX Sun & Moon.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Basic Silvally ◇ HP 150[C]

silvally.png

◇(Prism Star) Rule:
You can't have more than 1 ◇ card with the same name in your deck. If a ◇ would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

Ability: Beast Slayer
This Pokemon's attacks do 20 more damage to your opponents Active Ultra Beast (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[C][C][C] RKS Overdrive 80
When this Pokemon attacks your opponents Active Pokemon you may change this Pokemon's type to [G], [R], [W], [L], [F], [P], [C], [D], [M], [N], or [Y] until the end of your opponent's next turn.

Weakness: [F] x 2 Resistance [P] -20 Retreat [C]

Its trust in its partner is what awakens it. This Pokémon is capable of changing its type, a flexibility that is well displayed in battle.
This is my first text based fake so feedback is welcome!

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Cobalion – Metal – HP130
Basic

Ability: Cobalt Quickslash
If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy attached to one of your opponent’s [D] Pokémon.

[M][C][C] Righteous Blade 60
The Defending Pokémon can’t retreat during your opponent’s next turn. If the Defending Pokémon is a Pokémon-EX or Pokémon-GX, it can’t attack during your opponent’s next turn.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance: [P] -20
Retreat: [C][C]

Pokédex Entry: It has a body and heart of steel. It worked with its allies to punish people when they hurt Pokémon.

Here everyone is making Prism Star Pokémon or Pokémon-GX and while I think that's cool, I'm the kind of person who wants to create something unique and creative, different from what the crowd will create. So I decided to make my first non-GX Pokémon in the competition where everyone seems to make something special. Its uniqueness is how simple it is compared to the rest. So, does it stand up in terms of thought process against the more powerful and creatively balanced Pokémon-GX or Prism Star Pokémon?
My basis for this once again was using the ability of the Pokémon I chose from the video games and the lore surrounding it from the Pokédex to create ideas. But as Justified was already printed for a Cobalion promo and did exactly what you expect it would do, I had to be more creative and punish Dark-type Pokémon specifically in another way. The idea for Righteous Blade just came from Metal typically being a very defensive type, lowering the damage output I would think to give a more agressive Pokémon and give it a more creative idea for a defensive playstyle rather than the basic "Taking less damage" or "Healing damage" and added a fun little bit of disruption to play into the already disruptive playstyle of the ability, as well as something to strengthen the card if it was too underpowered and could just allow the targeted Pokémon-EX or Pokémon-GX to retreat and completely bypass the attack's effect.
I hope this was well balanced, fun to read, and faithful to my sources. I had fun with this one.

References:
Kingdra Prime (Unleashed 85)
Crushing Hammer (Emerging Powers 92)
Stunfisk (Dragons Exalted 70)
Dialga EX (Phantom Forces 62)

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
While this isn't an actual issue or anything I would edit my entry for, it does look fairly confusing to have Kingdra Prime listed as a reference when my entry seems to have no connection to it. This was actually for a scrapped idea for the ability, and I simply forgot to take it out. If this lowers my score by the judges, I wish to own up to that mistake and state that my entry should be fairly evaluated with this fact in mind.