• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Greninja BREAK Deck Advice (UPR?)

masterofmew

Ɗamien
Pokemon - 19
4 Froakie BKP 38
4 Frogadier BKP 39
4 Greninja BKP 40
3 Greninja Break BKP 41
1 Remoraid BKT 32
1 Octillery BKT 33
1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
1 Tapu Fini-GX BUS-39

Trainer - 32
4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
4 N FCO 105
1 Guzma BUS 115
1 Fisherman BKT 136
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
4 Dive Ball PRC 125
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
2 Field Blower GRI 125
1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
1 Super Rod BKT 149
1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
3 Choice Band GRI 121
2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120

Energy - 9
6 Water Energy 3
3 Splash Energy BKP 113

Last edited:

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
You definatley don’t need 4 froakies because of water duplicates, and I would go down to 3 Sycamore and 3 N, and add 3 Cynthia

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason
I agree with @Professor_jplap and @SmiteKnight , Cynthia is crucial to have in this deck (or any deck for that matter). Here are my suggestions:

• -2 Frogadier
  • -4 Evosoda
  • -1 Brooklet Hill
  • -2 N
  • -4 Splash Energy
  • -1 Sycamore
  • - 1 Lillie
Replace with...
+ 2 Brigette (You don't want to rely solely on Brooklet Hill to set up your Bench)
+ 4 Rare Candy (makes evolving much faster)
+ 1 Cynthia
+ 2 Cynthia
+ 4 basic water energy (I don't find it to be very useful, but that's just me)
+ 1 Guzma
+ 1 Guzma (Noticed you didn't have them, and between your Sycamores, Ns, and Cynthias, you have lots of draw support)

I hope you found this helpful! -AA

masterofmew

Ɗamien
I agree with @Professor_jplap and @SmiteKnight , Cynthia is crucial to have in this deck (or any deck for that matter). Here are my suggestions:

• -2 Frogadier
  • -4 Evosoda
  • -1 Brooklet Hill
  • -2 N
  • -4 Splash Energy
  • -1 Sycamore
  • - 1 Lillie
Replace with...
+ 2 Brigette (You don't want to rely solely on Brooklet Hill to set up your Bench)
+ 1 Cynthia
+ 2 Cynthia
+ 1 Guzma
+ 1 Guzma (Noticed you didn't have them, and between your Sycamores, Ns, and Cynthias, you have lots of draw support)

Evosoda isnt in this list
Pokemon - 19
4 Froakie BKP 38
4 Frogadier BKP 39
4 Greninja BKP 40
3 Greninja Break BKP 41
1 Remoraid BKT 32
1 Octillery BKT 33
1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
1 Tapu Fini-GX BUS-39

Trainer - 32
4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
4 N FCO 105
1 Guzma BUS 115
1 Fisherman BKT 136
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
4 Dive Ball PRC 125
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
2 Field Blower GRI 125
1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
1 Super Rod BKT 149
1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
3 Choice Band GRI 121
2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120

Energy - 9
6 Water Energy 3
3 Splash Energy BKP 113

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal

• -2 Frogadier
  • -4 Evosoda
  • -1 Brooklet Hill
  • -2 N
  • -4 Splash Energy
  • -1 Sycamore
  • - 1 Lillie
Replace with...
+ 1 Cynthia
+ 2 Cynthia
+ 1 Guzma

Since idealy you will water duplicites for three frogidier why do you need rare candy? I would be useless on the frogadiars.

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason
Try this:

-1 Frogaider
- 1 N
- 1 VS Seeker
- 1 Enhanced Hammer

for...

+3 Cynthia
+1 Guzma

*I was originaly going to suggest Brigette, but with 2 BH and water dupes you got that pretty much covered (never played frogs personally, but from what I've seen other players play). Hope this helps! -AA

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Since this deck is expanded what do you guys think about added a Jirachi EX or Shaymin EX
You have Tapu Lele, so Jirachi isn't great, actually, no, abysmal because taking the better prize trade is why Greninja is good, so essentially giving your opponent 2 prizes that are easier than 1 prize seems to only hurt this deck. Same goes for Shaymin since you already have draw power. I actually don't think the deck needs Cynthia, because COLRESS EXISTS PEOPLE. What's the current BDIF in expanded? Now why wouldn't you want Colress? Even more importantly, there's no Ace Spec. Computer Search is ideal with Greninja, because anything that gives you a faster setup is only good. If you can't afford Comp Search, there's Dowsing Machine, so you could squeeze a Superior Energy Retrieval in to make use of Dowsing, although it too, is rather pricey. If you can't afford those 2 vanilla Ace Specs, there's 2 good options: Rock Guard and Life Dew. Yes, I know, Field Blower, but keep in mind they have to dig for it or play around your tools to be unaffected, and that in itself affects them. The only real way these would inconvenience is if your opponent immediately plays Field Blower when they draw their card starting their turn. And that's fine, you played the wrong card at the wrong time, it happens. I would also think Karen would be good, since it doubles as a Night March counter and Pokemon recovery. That or drop Stretcher for Sacred Ash, since that shuffles 5 Pokemon back into your deck.
Drop Brooklet Hill for Silent Lab. Greninja has absolutely no answer for Giratina whatsoever, Silent Lab stops a lot of shenanigans. Brooklet Hill is generally a standard placeholder for Dive Ball, and in expanded, you have that. Many, many Greninja players have stated that if Silent Lab were still legal, they'd play it instead of Brooklet Hill. Plus Greninja has consistency in expanded, so a T1 Froakie isn't hard. I haven't gone anywhere near Greninja in a long time, so I have no clue if it even plays Wally anymore in expanded, but getting a T2 Greninja if you go first or a T1 Water Duplicates if you go second must not be terrible, right?

masterofmew

Ɗamien
You have Tapu Lele, so Jirachi isn't great, actually, no, abysmal because taking the better prize trade is why Greninja is good, so essentially giving your opponent 2 prizes that are easier than 1 prize seems to only hurt this deck. Same goes for Shaymin since you already have draw power. I actually don't think the deck needs Cynthia, because COLRESS EXISTS PEOPLE. What's the current BDIF in expanded? Now why wouldn't you want Colress? Even more importantly, there's no Ace Spec. Computer Search is ideal with Greninja, because anything that gives you a faster setup is only good. If you can't afford Comp Search, there's Dowsing Machine, so you could squeeze a Superior Energy Retrieval in to make use of Dowsing, although it too, is rather pricey. If you can't afford those 2 vanilla Ace Specs, there's 2 good options: Rock Guard and Life Dew. Yes, I know, Field Blower, but keep in mind they have to dig for it or play around your tools to be unaffected, and that in itself affects them. The only real way these would inconvenience is if your opponent immediately plays Field Blower when they draw their card starting their turn. And that's fine, you played the wrong card at the wrong time, it happens. I would also think Karen would be good, since it doubles as a Night March counter and Pokemon recovery. That or drop Stretcher for Sacred Ash, since that shuffles 5 Pokemon back into your deck.
Drop Brooklet Hill for Silent Lab. Greninja has absolutely no answer for Giratina whatsoever, Silent Lab stops a lot of shenanigans. Brooklet Hill is generally a standard placeholder for Dive Ball, and in expanded, you have that. Many, many Greninja players have stated that if Silent Lab were still legal, they'd play it instead of Brooklet Hill. Plus Greninja has consistency in expanded, so a T1 Froakie isn't hard. I haven't gone anywhere near Greninja in a long time, so I have no clue if it even plays Wally anymore in expanded, but getting a T2 Greninja if you go first or a T1 Water Duplicates if you go second must not be terrible, right?
Give me a list

masterofmew

Ɗamien
Give me a list

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Give me a list
See, I would, but I have yet to touch Greninja Break in any format(actually, I haven't even physically touched Greninja Break) for over a year, so if I gave you a list, it would be pure speculation of consistency abd playability. Do you still want one?

masterofmew

Ɗamien
See, I would, but I have yet to touch Greninja Break in any format(actually, I haven't even physically touched Greninja Break) for over a year, so if I gave you a list, it would be pure speculation of consistency abd playability. Do you still want one?
yes

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Okay, here you go:

Pokemon:16
  • 3 Froakie BKP
  • 4 Frogadier BKP
  • 4 Greninja BKP
  • 3 Greninja-BREAK
  • 1 Tapu Lele-GX
  • 1 Tapu Fini-GX

Trainers:34
  • 3 N
  • 1 Ace Trainer
  • 1 Guzma
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Fisherman
  • 4 Sycamore
  • 2 Silent Lab
  • 3 Choice Band
  • 1 -Ace Spec-
  • 4 Dive Ball
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 1 Superior Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Field Blower
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Sacred Ash
Energy:9
  • 6 Water
  • 3 Splash
Free Space:1
You essentially get to choose what you want the last card to be. You can also play with the list if you want. Battle Compressor is good to discard clump and supporters you might want to grab with VS Seeker, but don't want to draw into. This could potentially open up space for Wally if you want to play that. It could also be a 3rd Silent Lab to ensure it sticks for longer and that you draw into it early on to shut your opponent out of Leles if they can't respond with a counter stadium. That one space could also be a 1-1 Starmie line if you dropped Superior Energy Retrieval. Honestly, the list isn't far off of yours, because there isn't much to correct as much as there is to polish. You could also skip Lele and Fini altogether and put in Octillery or find space for Talonflame, which are both out of date for Greninja, but still worth mentioning, since they were both previous partners for Greninja.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
That 1 spot opens up a lot. I also forgot to mention Team Mates, since that can really help you out early game to set up faster.