Discussion Least Favorite Deck

pine_ddog

Chaotic Neuteral
Simple question, I just want to know what your least favorite deck is. Could be standard, expanded, or from a diffrent rotation, I just want to know what deck makes you squirm.

Personally, as of right now Garchomp/Lucario is my least favorite deck. Perhaps it is due to a sort of selfish and pretentious attitude about the competitive TCG, and hating how easily accessible the deck is with the theme deck (although honestly this is the least part of my hatred of the deck, and I'm down with more people being able to have competitive decks without breaking the bank,) while mainly it's just the deluge of Garchomp/Lucario there is online right now, simply because of how accessible the deck is right now. It makes testing really difficult just because half of every match seems to be Garchomp/Lucario.

Also the deck is no where near broken right now, but I feel like it should have been nerfed a little. Whether it be Garchomp's total damage being 200 to 180 (I feel that's a better number, as 200 I think is just to big and can get to many KO's without Choice Band, and with how easy it is to get that 200, I feel you should have to work more to knock out Pokemon like Buzzwole-GX, Lycanroc-GX, Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX, etc. by grabbing that Choice Band.) Nerfing Lucario (I understand that Lucario needs Garchomp in order to get him out, but grabbing any card feels way too powerful, regardless of circumstances. A simple fix could have been only being able to use one Precognitive Aura per turn, or not being able to grab supporters, again relating to that idea of working for those KO's.) Not having Gible and Gabite be able to evolve via attack (it's not just Gible and Gabite, I personally hate cards that evolve straight into other Pokemon, including Rare Candy, I despise Rare Candy (except Abra with Super Evolution, that's fine,)) or making Cynthia a weaker card. I just feel this deck has to much working for it, and not enough against it.

Again it's not broken, but it feels too broken for how accessible it is. (Fun fact I've started counting how many Garchomp/Lucario I've faced since ULP release, and I've faced 23 G/L and 17 other decks, wth)

Wechselbalg

brb
Heh, good to know I'm not the only one who cannot stand Garchomp/Lucario - I've built the deck myself to see what the hype was about and it is super streamlined and very easy to play. (Sure it can brick but which deck doesn't do that from time to time.) It's almost like as if TPCI wanted to create a competitive "theme deck" for beginners. Provided you need to make changes to the actual theme deck to make it playable, but it's basically maxing out the Garchomp line, throwing in 4 Puzzles, a few Candies and Evosodas, some other staple trainers besides Cynthia, adjust the energy count and whamm there you have it. And I thought that things couldn't get any more simplified and accessible after Garde-GX...guess I was wrong. If I see another Garchomp theme deck coin on PTCGO I think I'm going to throw up.

Another one is Guzzlord...please just stop, it's not funny at all (I guess some people find losing fun or the fact that "oooh I press a button and a lot of energy comes" idk) and it's a total waste of time for both players.

Last edited:

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
I don't care for Greninja BREAK, because it can't be consistently countered unless you've got ZoroPod or something like that. It's just too random.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Heh, good to know I'm not the only one who cannot stand Garchomp/Lucario - I've built the deck myself to see what the hype was about and it is super streamlined and very easy to play. (Sure it can brick but which deck doesn't do that from time to time.) It's almost like as if TPCI wanted to create a competitive "theme deck" for beginners. Provided you need to make changes to the actual theme deck to make it playable, but it's basically maxing out the Garchomp line, throwing in 4 Puzzles, a few Candies and Evosodas, some other staple trainers besides Cynthia, adjust the energy count and whamm there you have it. And I thought that things couldn't get any more simplified and accessible after Garde-GX...guess I was wrong. If I see another Garchomp theme deck coin on PTCGO I think I'm going to throw up.

Another one is Guzzlord...please just stop, it's not funny at all (I guess some people find losing fun or the fact that "oooh I press a button and a lot of energy comes" idk) and it's a total waste of time for both players.

OMG Guzzlord is the WORST!

sylvarina

Aspiring Trainer
To play, probably Guzzlord. Every time I play it (which is mainly for the dark challenges) it's SO boring. Usually you want to go second so you're just sitting there waiting for your opponent and their absurdly long turns. Makes me want to pull my hair out.

To play against? Anything with Ninetales/Hoopa in it. And what's worse, even if you have an answer to them, you can still lose. Most decks can deal with 1, but not 2 a lot of the time. I've lost because of running out of energy trying to deal with them, because of non-GXs stupidly high attack costs and trying to get another one when it's knocked out. Seriously, nothing makes me happier than winning against a Ninetales/Hoopa player. It's the laziest, cheapest way to get wins

optimal_max

Aspiring Trainer
I don't mind playing against Garchomp. But I despise GRENINJA BREAK. It's got too many weapons. It has its own built in set-up system in Frogadier. It can attack cheaply and multiple times per turn, has free retreat, and can hit bench pokemon. It only give 1 prize card per KO, and IMO, its most potent weapon is it also has s built in attack for shutting off abilities that can't be turned off with field blower.

Too many weapons and really doesn't take a lot of strategy.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Guzzlord, easily. The deck is just absurdly bad yet people still for some reason enjoy playing it. I just don't understand what's fun about it.

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
To play, probably Guzzlord. Every time I play it (which is mainly for the dark challenges) it's SO boring. Usually you want to go second so you're just sitting there waiting for your opponent and their absurdly long turns. Makes me want to pull my hair out.

To play against? Anything with Ninetales/Hoopa in it. And what's worse, even if you have an answer to them, you can still lose. Most decks can deal with 1, but not 2 a lot of the time. I've lost because of running out of energy trying to deal with them, because of non-GXs stupidly high attack costs and trying to get another one when it's knocked out. Seriously, nothing makes me happier than winning against a Ninetales/Hoopa player. It's the laziest, cheapest way to get wins

I've won more than a few games by parking a Ninetales in front of a Guzzlord. They usually just throw the game right there.

Otaku

The wise fool?
In general, I hate facing (and usually playing) decks that turn the game into "solitaire". Fast, reliable lock decks fall into this category, as do decks with an overwhelming offense that sets up quickly and reliably. Basically, if my opponent either cannot do anything or all the moves available to him or her have been rendered meaningless, so you may as well be doing nothing.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Ok, so a few days ago on the PTCGO I played vs. the most annoying deck of all time. Basically what he did was put two Pikachu on his bench, promote a ULP Oranguru, evolve the Pikachu into BUR Raichu, and use resource management on the Oranguru. The next turn they used Looker to draw those three cards and repeat the lock over and over again. The game went on for one hour and he won. hands down my least favorite deck to play.