'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

NO CHESPIN LINE? WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU, POKÉMON COMPANY?!?

There’s still hope for Goodra GX...
Please don’t disappoint!
Please please please please please please!

Suddenly I feel extremely religious.

Kinda wished Volcanion Prism Star was fire type so it could be a potential tool in Volc-EX decks but looks promising. Greninja-GX’s attack costs are WCC for the regular and GX attack which makes me think it won’t be great (all of the really good Stage 2s of recent times have either had amazing abilities, very low attack costs or both, see Gardevoir-GX, Greninja BKP, Metagross-GX). Looking forward to seeing that ability though!
It looks to me more like grens attack is for justa DCE, i couls be wrong, dont quote me on it
EDIT: lookng closer, it does look like water DCE, but i doubt that then energy cost makes it bad, especially with water dupes and aqua patch to help it out.

Last edited:
You can barely make out that Greninja GX has an ability...

Oh dear God, here we go again.

Could be good in decks like Gardevoir whee you can move a DCE from a benched Pokemon to the active to take a KO. Also you can strand something like DCE on an Octillery or move a counter energy to a GX, or move a strong energy to a benched non fighting pokemon, the list goes on. 3.5/5

• Pancham: I mean you can knock out a Zorua with a strong energy, but beyond that... 1.5/5

• Pangoro: First attack is pretty bad, second attack is slightly better but still bad. Just pack fodder is how I see these. 1.5/5

Last edited:
  • Chespin: I mean you can knock out a Zorua with a strong energy, but beyond that... 1.5/5
  • Pangoro: First attack is pretty bad, second attack is slightly better but still bad. Just pack fodder is how I see these. 1.5/5

Chespin with a Strong Energy... what? Chespin is not a Fighting Type.

So for everyone keeping track at home, we now know these stats for our English set list:

8 GXs: Palkia, Greninja, Naganadel, Lucario, Zygarde, Yveltal, Dialga, Ultra Necrozma
6 Ultra Beasts: Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Poipole, Naganadel, Buzzwole, Ultra Necrozma
5 Prism Stars: Volcanion, Diancie, Arceus, Lysandre, Beast Energy
I'm guessing that they will make $40 Palkia and Dialga GX boxes which will include both the normal and full art version.

Yes! The Dragalge has an ability! I hope they bring back the "If your opponent's Active Pokemon is poisoned, it can't retreat" ability. I'm also predicting that Frogadier has a Water Duplicates ability, once per turn search for a Frogadier and bench it.
I was just about to say the same thing about the Dragalge. I hope that comes back. I need to make a poison lock deck.

Has anyone used the new fossil cards yet? Can those be benched during setup/ found with ball cards?

Back